______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Ya those discrepancies always bothered me as well. I have no idea how they can fix that though? I feel like they will just continue to add on and not care about them :hmpf_bad:

I really want MARVEL to regain the rights to its characters, specially Daredevil, he is one of my favourite characters and FOX has failed to picture him before, it is MARVEL's turn to picture him.

I really want MARVEL to regain the rights to its characters, specially Daredevil, he is one of my favourite characters and FOX has failed to picture him before, it is MARVEL's turn to picture him.

If only all movie rights were like that. :/

Does FOX not have to do anything with the DD license? I thought it would be like Spidey and need to be made into a movie every 5 years or they would lose it? There hasn't been any DD stuff in a looong time, so I think it is time Marvel just takes it back :devil:

I think eventually marvel will regain all there properties back but it will take time. X-men will by far be the toughest one to regain as the franchise seems to have around three or even four movies in development. There is first class 2 and Wolverine 2 both in development. Deadpool is In early stages and X-men 4 is having a scripted developed that will set up a fifth film. It's at the point with the X films that I would prefer a reboot, I loved First class and we most likely love a lot of the upcoming films. I feel however that it's time to let it die for a little bit and then start again. It's frustrating to me how a lot of the characters were presented ( Juggernaut, Gambit, Cyclops death). And although I like the spin offs I wanna see the a X-men film ( cyclops, Storm, Wolverine....) not just one character with a couple of cameos.

It's frustrating to me how a lot of the characters were presented ( Juggernaut, Gambit, Cyclops death).

I thought the presentation of Juggernaut and Gambit was great, especialy Juggernaut. As for Cyclops's death, there is still X-4.

A new time line :hmpf:, that would be worse than a reboot, it's not story changing things, just small bits like Xavier's and Eric's age upon meeting (15 in X-1 ,30's in FC) or character relations (Mystique and Xavier been almost siblings, to hardly acknowledging each other in the other films) or Xavier's legs (wheelchair at the end of FC, walking at the end of Wolverine, and flashback in X-3).

Well a new timeline could sort out any discrepancies by creating one or more parallel universes, eg in the new timeline Xavier & Mystique might meet in a different way or he loses the use of his legs at a different time, we probably won't even see these events on screen but the excuse will always be 'well the timeline was changed...". It's an easy way to ignore the inconsistencies. It probably won't be long before this sort of thing happens in Clone Wars :sceptic:. Don't forget there are infinite dimensions where every possible event is played out :laugh:

Does FOX not have to do anything with the DD license? I thought it would be like Spidey and need to be made into a movie every 5 years or they would lose it? There hasn't been any DD stuff in a looong time, so I think it is time Marvel just takes it back :devil:

Fox have until mid-October to start production of a new DD movie. I heard that the Director's Cut of the Ben Affleck movie was much better than the theatrical release, can anyone confirm that?

I feel however that it's time to let it die for a little bit and then start again. It's frustrating to me how a lot of the characters were presented ( Juggernaut, Gambit, Cyclops death). And although I like the spin offs I wanna see the a X-men film ( cyclops, Storm, Wolverine....) not just one character with a couple of cameos.

I thought the Bryan Singer directed X-Men films were brilliant with X2 being up there with the best Super-hero films made to date (imo) - it's such a shame he choose to make Superman Returns instead of X3. I'd love to see X4 and 5 carrying on from where they left off, if they were done well of course (plus I have a bit of a crush on Famke Janssen :wub::grin:).

Edited by Praiter Yed

Fox have until mid-October to start production of a new DD movie. I heard that the Director's Cut of the Ben Affleck movie was much better than the theatrical release, can anyone confirm that?

I'm getting it for my birthday, so hang on a couple of days. That been said I didn't think that the original cut was the worst Marvel film ever (Electra, Hulk, Swamp Thing, and Ghost Rider II).

I'm getting it for my birthday, so hang on a couple of days. That been said I didn't think that the original cut was the worst Marvel film ever (Electra, Hulk, Swamp Thing, and Ghost Rider II).

You mean Man-Thing - Swamp Thing is a completely different thing altogether, a DC property. :tongue:

You mean Man-Thing - Swamp Thing is a completely different thing altogether, a DC property. :tongue:

:blush:, My point still stands :grin:.

I believe that all X-Men movies were great individually but if you see the plot of the movies as whole it has a lot of gaps and mistakes that are nearly impossible to correct. They should reboot the series.

I believe that all X-Men movies were great individually but if you see the plot of the movies as whole it has a lot of gaps and mistakes that are nearly impossible to correct. They should reboot the series.

Really? Could you imaging anyone else playing Magneto, Professor X or Wolverine.

The current series is very highly successful, no need to reboot it. SW has more inconsistencies in it's run that X-Men, still no reboot for that :laugh:.

I like Hulk - or at least I prefer it to 'The Incredible Hulk'. Granted it's flawed but I like the way it was edited with the comic book style split screen effect. I didn't even manage to watch Electra all the way through and as for Ghost Rider II... the first one was bad enough so I won't be watching that until it appears on TV. Imho and as a general rule; if Nicholas Cage is in it, it's probably shit (a notable exception being Kick A-S-S).

I'll look forward to your DDdc review :grin:

Really? Could you imaging anyone else playing Magneto, Professor X or Wolverine.

The current series is very highly successful, no need to reboot it. SW has more inconsistencies in it's run that X-Men, still no reboot for that :laugh:.

Agreed, you don't get much better than Patrick Stewart and Sir Ian. I don't really get this thing of re-booting relatively new franchises, I haven't seen the new Spiderman movie yet, but before the reboot they were planning Spidey 4 & 5 with John Malkovich as the Raven! How perfect is that casting? Shame.

The reason I want a reboot is because I've had enough of the current series of X-men. I like the series but it's getting ridiculous now. I really don't think that we need a second Wolverine film, and first class was good but I'm not sure I want it made into a trilogy. Last Stand and Wolverine Origins were terrible films. Too many characters had terrible deaths and had pointless roles. Gambit should have never been in Origins, the only reason was so they could advertise him as ' look the character everyone wanted here'. There's so many inconsistencies between the films. Nightcrawler also just randomly disappeared and Cyclops had no real relevance in the second and third films. Wolverine, Magneto and Proffessor X were awesome characters and some of the best superhero portrails in the films. But the series for me has too much deadwood now with Four films in the works at the moment it is all too much. No wonder they can't keep track of what's happened to who at what point in time. They should in my opinion seperate First class from the rest of the series and turn that into a rebooted franchise or just leave the series for five years and start again. The whole First Class 2 thing about them relaunching and changing the history could be ok but until I see something like a trailer then I'm not getting my hopes up.

I thought The Clone Wars is a reboot. How else would you explain all those retcons/inconsistencies? :tongue:

But yeah, I agree, the current X-Men series is pretty good, even though nothing can make up for the piece of garbage that was Last Stand. First Class was pretty good (although not nearly as good as X2), so I'm curious to see what the sequel(s) will hold.

I feel like they just try to hard with these X-Men films. Like fans wanted Gambit so they randomly through him in, and then they know that the Phoenix fire storyline is very popular so they tried incorporating that into the Last Stand. I honestly don't know how they can fix these movies, but I really hope they do because after RDJ, I don't think another actor captures his role like Hugh Jackman does with Wolverine.

Gambit's small isn't much of a surprise, as only Professor X, Magneto, Wolverine, Sabretooth, and Jean Grey could be classed as main characters, with everyone else as supporting roles of varying sizes.

That's the problem with X-Men, there is too many characters, that's also why The Avengers wasn't as good as the individual films, and why Spider Man 3 was crap.

Gambit's small isn't much of a surprise, as only Professor X, Magneto, Wolverine, Sabretooth, and Jean Grey could be classed as main characters, with everyone else as supporting roles of varying sizes.

That's the problem with X-Men, there is too many characters, that's also why The Avengers wasn't as good as the individual films, and why Spider Man 3 was crap.

I don't think that it's the amount of characters that's the problem but rather the relevance and point of the series they are found in.

They should reboot the series but keep some of the actors. The cast was awesome, the story wasn't.

They'd probably just pretend X3 never happened (Kind of like Superman 3 & 4 with Superman returns,) That way the could fix the mistake of X3 and keep the entire cast. (assuming they'd come back)

I completely agree with you, with so many characters it is really difficult for them to have an important role so you get to know them.

The reason I want a reboot is because I've had enough of the current series of X-men. I like the series but it's getting ridiculous now. I really don't think that we need a second Wolverine film, and first class was good but I'm not sure I want it made into a trilogy. Last Stand and Wolverine Origins were terrible films. Too many characters had terrible deaths and had pointless roles. Gambit should have never been in Origins, the only reason was so they could advertise him as ' look the character everyone wanted here'. There's so many inconsistencies between the films. Nightcrawler also just randomly disappeared and Cyclops had no real relevance in the second and third films. Wolverine, Magneto and Proffessor X were awesome characters and some of the best superhero portrails in the films. But the series for me has too much deadwood now with Four films in the works at the moment it is all too much. No wonder they can't keep track of what's happened to who at what point in time. They should in my opinion seperate First class from the rest of the series and turn that into a rebooted franchise or just leave the series for five years and start again. The whole First Class 2 thing about them relaunching and changing the history could be ok but until I see something like a trailer then I'm not getting my hopes up.

You put forward a good argument and I can't really disagree with anything you've said, I think just because I Ioved the first two X-Men movies so much I wouldn't be willing to accept a reboot just yet. I would hope that an new First Class movie and possibly X4 & 5 could put right what ended up getting so messed up. I read that the original take on X3 was going to be much more focussed on the Dark Phoenix story-line but with Halle Berry hot off an Oscar win things got changed in order to make her character more prominent and therefore diluted much of the intended focus :sceptic:

Meanwhile, in other news... Daredevil looks set to go back to Marvel. Included in the article is a link to a

director Joe Carnahan pitched to Fox (featuring a funky 70's soundtrack :sweet: ...Superfly...).

EDIT: I forgot to mention this... There's a great little short on YouTube featuring Thomas Jane reprising his role as The Punisher -

Be warned - it is very violent.

ADDITIONAL EDIT: Just become a count - how boring - I can only think of two cool counts and they're both played by Christopher Lee :grin:

Edited by Praiter Yed

Meanwhile, in other news... Daredevil looks set to go back to Marvel. Included in the article is a link to a

director Joe Carnahan pitched to Fox (featuring a funky 70's soundtrack :sweet: ...Superfly...).

Great news! :grin: Who knows, with Daredevil back in Marvel's hands he may even get a place in the Cinematic Universe. I guess that could depend on whether they make the reboot more kid-friendly or gritty...

Great news! :grin: Who knows, with Daredevil back in Marvel's hands he may even get a place in the Cinematic Universe. I guess that could depend on whether they make the reboot more kid-friendly or gritty...

Hmm I dunno if Daredevil would fit nicely into the Avengers. Their different types of heroes The Avengers are more global heroes where as DD is more of a Street hero. It could work if the film was set in the same universe and made refferences to the Alien attack. Actually thinking about it it would be interesting if Kingpin started picking up some of the alien weapons on the black market and was planning to sell them onto gangs or terrorists. Plus it would be cool to see a fight between Black Widow and Electra, but I can't see daredevil as a member of the Avengers. I don't think it would suit his style.

I think the Fantastic Four would fit in better to the Cinematic Universe. After all some of the cosmic Villians and it would be incredible to see Stark, Banner and Reed Richards bounce of each other with banter and technical talk, not to mention Hank Pymm aswell. If Marvel ever get the rights to the X-men then I think they will sit on them for a while. Maybe wait until they get the rights back to everything and then relaunch the whole lot in a new universe. That's the one thing that DC has over Marvels film Universe they gave all the rights to their films to one company.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this... There's a great little short on YouTube featuring Thomas Jane reprising his role as The Punisher -

Be warned - it is very violent.

ADDITIONAL EDIT: Just become a count - how boring - I can only think of two cool counts and they're both played by Christopher Lee :grin:

I liked the Punisher films as films, but they weren't very 'Marvel', they where more like the Ultimate comics, rather than the classic ones.

How about Count Meout, the most nervous Count in Hammer Horrorland.