______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

On 4/2/2019 at 8:41 AM, Captain Nemo said:

I actually got tickets! Yay! 

I just had to drive over to my local AMC and buy them in person like a pleb. So much for AMC A-List! :shrug_oh_well:

Me too. No sitting there waiting for hours dealing with a crashed website. Just walked right up to the window, no line or nothing, & got my tickets. No big deal. :laugh:

On 4/2/2019 at 3:07 PM, Nexogeek said:

Also in the beginning when they are talking about going in short handed makes me wish they'd include some of the Netflix side of the MCU

Well sadly, they all appear to have died in the snap too :sadnew:

On 4/2/2019 at 4:33 PM, VBBN said:

Well, preorders for Endgame tickets have been an absolute shitshow today

AMC as far as I know has been completely down, and people have been waiting hours to try to get tickets through Fandango.

Luckily I have a high-end local theater chain, Emagine (actually owned by one of my distant cousin's husband, fun fact) which was functioning and I was able to snag some awesome tickets. 

(also snagged a preorder for the Endgame Thanos that was revealed by Hot Toys today)

Tickets for the midnight premiere at my cinema sold out in 12 hours. Luckily I got my tickets for an Infinity War and Endgame double billing :wub:

On 4/6/2019 at 7:55 AM, Quicksilver838 said:

Well sadly, they all appear to have died in the snap too :sadnew:

Tickets for the midnight premiere at my cinema sold out in 12 hours. Luckily I got my tickets for an Infinity War and Endgame double billing :wub:

It was rough for me too. I have an 11pm showing now because of problems with the website. it was WAY too much traffic. Regardless though, Im glad to see so much support for this franchise. I think they said this was the largest pre-sale ever

So I guess LEGO didn't really have so much information on making those Endgame lego sets. I hope at somepoint they will revisit it to give us those regular costumes, they deserves to be made in minifigure form.

So much spoiler for just 4 minutes of the film that has been leaked. 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

So I guess LEGO didn't really have so much information on making those Endgame lego sets. I hope at somepoint they will revisit it to give us those regular costumes, they deserves to be made in minifigure form.

So much spoiler for just 4 minutes of the film that has been leaked. 

Agreed, having seen the 4 minutes (won't be seeing the movie till its out on dvd so by end of summer this 4 minutes is nothing) but I hope they revisit the movie between costumes, characters, and weapons they could of made yet it seems they didn't have information of it or maybe they have one last big spoiler set they've kept super hidden? 

19 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

Agreed, having seen the 4 minutes (won't be seeing the movie till its out on dvd so by end of summer this 4 minutes is nothing) but I hope they revisit the movie between costumes, characters, and weapons they could of made yet it seems they didn't have information of it or maybe they have one last big spoiler set they've kept super hidden? 

I hope that's the case, but it is highly unlikely.

Spoiler

I need that Cap with Mljonir, Long haired Thor - I want an updated costume with every major character like Ironman (Mark 85) got. 

Tho it's easy to get as a purist MOC

Considering the Lego art print for Captain Marvel is supposedly 'one of three' does this imply additional sets this year - especially given the QRS/ATS polybag of Tony Stark has not been released officially via Lego. How else would Lego distribute the remaining two art prints?

In addition, vaderfan_2187 has posted images of the promotional 'Avengers Compound' - images have been spoiler tagged for size but they contain no spoilers :)

Spoiler

avengers-endgame-suntec-3-e1555961245260lPT0sRn.jpg?1F1X8oEJ.jpg?169ZmOA7.jpg

Personally i think this is a better version of the Avengers Compound than the retail version. Looks rather amazing and is a nice place to display the team.

Spoiler

The Endgame wave of sets is probably the least accurate wave yet, though the quantum realm suits make sense.

Edited by Agent Kallus
I put it in a quote bracket rather than a spoiler bracket

On 4/28/2019 at 9:21 PM, Agent Kallus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The Endgame wave of sets is probably the least accurate wave yet, though the quantum realm suits make sense.

Spoiler

Definitely. I think the most accurate set is probably the Compound Battle set to a certain degree. Although it’s understandable given how strict Disney/Marvel would have been with all the toy companies about spoilers. I’m really hoping they go back and produce more accurate sets for the film. Though I don’t know how likely that’ll be.

Some thoughts on the film itself:

Spoiler

I really enjoyed it. I don’t necessarily think that’s it’s the best installment of the MCU as some people are saying but it’s definitly one of the best. There’s been a bit of debate over this but I just prefer Infinity War over this film. 

• I really liked the opening of the film with Clint training Lila to be his further successor. I feel a lot of people knew what was going to happen here but I liked that they played it out anyway. I also really liked that neither Clint or the audience actually saw his family get snapped. We just see the dust piles like in Ant Man and the Wasp. Gives it a more chilling vibe. I also really liked Tony and Nebula’s opening scene on the Benatar. RDJ is at his best here and gives a great performance for someone who’s starved of Oxygen and food. I know a lot of people have said that Captain Marvel rescuing them in the last few hours felt convenient but it was obvious Tony and Neb would find their way back to earth eventually. So I’m glad they didn’t drag it out by going “Tony’s gonna die, Tony's gonna die, fooled you! He’s going to be okay”
  • The next scenes was also pretty good. Again RDJ gives a great performance here. Especially his interaction with Rogers. Moving on I was genuinely shocked they killed off Thanks so quickly. The predicament that was set up about the stones being destroyed by the stones was Thanos’s last middle finger to the Avengers :laugh:
  • I felt like everything from the “Five years later” title card to the point where they finally start the Time Heait is where things began to drag a bit for me. There were some good parts like Tony remembering Peter and his invention of Time Travel but otherwise it felt a little clunky. Staid there some greats bits of humour here. And I felt Banner and Hulk becoming Professor Hulk could’ve been explained in a little more detail rather than just gloss over it. Drunk Thor was a surprise. Although I felt it was funny for the first few scenes. But the joke wasn’t as funny later on in the film.
  • The whole Time Hesit was really good! I loved how they seamlessly transitioned from the actual film shots into perespective of the present day heroes. I loved the fact they brought back the Ancient One. It was cool they also established that the Mystic Arts did play a (albeit small) role in New York. The New York scene was by far the best. The elevator call back to Winter Soldier, the “hail hydra” remark, Loki escaping. So many great bits there. I’ll give more thoughts a bit later.

Whew....

Spoiler

I loved it. I was surprised, yet happy they didn’t kill Cap. I really enjoyed the way they handled that, having both Cap alternatives standing there. I’m excited to see what they do anything with Captain Falcon(I loved his comic run). Al the returns to last movies was fun, especially back to NY 2012 & seeing the Ancient One. The elevator scene was a nice callback. 

Now, I will partly blame medication for this next bit:tongue:...but this movie got me. I have been known to get a little watery eyed, but this was bigger. Faces were made, had to wipe my face...the whole deal. When I saw Mjolnir move(after Thor brought it back) & knew what was happening, then to see it. Then I really lost it when  heard Falcon’s voice in the com...the  Strange & friends started opening portals-on your left. 

I was sad at Stark’s demise but I found it quite fitting at the same time. It was almost like showing respect to the one who started this 11 year journey. His final proclamation of who he is was great. 

Woo boy, that final battle was something. It was awesome seeing all the characters we went on all those journeys with over the years finally come together. Can’t wait to see what the next Phases brings us.

Spoiler

So do you think Thor will be in Guardians 3?, it's what they seemed to be implying and I for one am fully on board. It was nice of Drax to where a shirt to Tony's funeral. 

I don't think the movie surpassed infinity war but it came close. Definitely in my top 5 mcu movies.

Edited by Agent Kallus
Quoted instead of spoiler-ed

Spoiler

While watching Scarlet Witch rip Thanos a new one...then the female fan service scene...it got me thinking. I feel like the complainers of “not enough women superheroes” aren’t aware of just how powerful Scarlet Witch(and we can throw Jean Grey in there)is. Personally, I would think it much cooler having the most powerful being on Earth(that have been introduced in the movies) rather than having the numbers. All those Avengers present at the final battle...and Wanda could’ve cleared that entire field. I’m glad they showed, at a glimpse really, her potential.

We'll get another reboot. This time focusing on Morales or Gwen however I think they still have to have Peter in one to not lose the license. And Sony will NEVER lose that license.

I think the rumors of Tobey Maguire being in talks to reprise the role has a lot to with this

Probably Sony is going for a live action Spiderverse storyline. They just won an Oscar with that, and Disney had nothing to do with it. So, Tobey will play old Peter Parker. And they will cast someone as Miles Morales to be the main Spiderman. 

If Tom Hollands Peter Parker gets dragged to another dimension (Miles Morales') and returns to his own universe by the end of the movie, that will no affect his storyline in the MCU. He can be gone for a "few minutes" and then return. That would also explain why he can't call Shield/Sword for help or any of the other Avengers. It would be like a "pocket storyline" inside his MCU storyline.

Glad to see She-Hulk. Could get some cool lawyer super hero stuff (maybe with more lawyer focus than Daredevil had...). I've never been into Moon Knight at all though.