______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

16 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Was the Hydro-Man and Molten-Man in the "Far from Home" trailer? 

Leaks of upcoming sets include both of their names. 

On 1/20/2019 at 2:05 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Was the Hydro-Man and Molten-Man in the "Far from Home" trailer? 

Yessir. There was a very brief blink-and-you-miss-it Molten Man appearance & a decent look at Hydro Man.

The closer we get to endgame... the more depressed I get, i mean of course im excited to see it... but it fills me with dread to know it's probably the end of an era for us MCU fans... I'm not ready to say good bye to the heroes that got me through the stressful high school years, anyone else in a similar boat?

On 2/7/2019 at 5:53 PM, legosamsonite said:

The closer we get to endgame... the more depressed I get, i mean of course im excited to see it... but it fills me with dread to know it's probably the end of an era for us MCU fans... I'm not ready to say good bye to the heroes that got me through the stressful high school years, anyone else in a similar boat?

For sure. 10+ years is a lot of time(more or less) with any character. When it’s ones you love, it makes that inevitable ending that much worse. Just knowing that Evans is done with his time as Cap definitely has me worried for what’s to come in April. 

On 3/6/2019 at 8:06 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Captain Marvel has a 5,5 score with 2700 voters on IMDB, thats really bad

Well, most of them are the same people that tried to drag down Black Panther, movie was good, not perfect, but she is great in the role

Saw Captain Marvel....

Spoiler

It was a bit slow early on, but was picked up once she got the color change. Loved seeing Coulson. Was genuinely surprised by the Tessaract. It makes me wonder though, seeing how important it was, where was she during the first Avengers?! It’s easy enough to explain that she was off in another galaxy. I really enjoyed the end with Fury typing up the Protector....I mean...Avengers Initiative. Kinda strange they framed the Skrulls as the good guys/victims though...

The best part was the new Stan filled opening sequence. I totally did not tear up. I reckon we have his cameos just through Far from Home, yeah?

Overall, I really liked it. Judging it against Wonder Woman however, it falls short on excitement...and I’m a Marvel fanboy first. 

Edited by Vindicare

Really happy they are keeping spoilers to a minimum with these trailers. Like, I want to see the trailers to satisfy my hype train craving, but I also want to be surprised going into the film.

Also, saw Captain marvel this past weekend and loved it. A bit slow in the middle, but I am completely fine with how OP she is- it's something I figured we would start to see more as the MCU moves into it's next evolution. I liked it so much, in fact, that I'm actually considering the Hot Toys Captain Marvel now, though I did tell myself next would be Iron Man... (meanwhile my fiancee' says "why not both?"  I'm glad she's supportive, but maybe too supportive :laugh:)

Honestly...I’m not ready for this. Knowing at Evans’ contract is done, I fear for what’s going to happen to him. I cannot wait for this movie though. The 11 year build up will largely come to a head. I liked the look backs at Iron Man, Cap, and Thor’s movies...but that made it feel like the end of an era. Which, I suppose it kinda is. Not sure how much feel about the matching outfits...but we’ll see how they work. Bring on the sets already!

Captain America will die for sure to honor that famous storyline from the comics

Also, like the comics, he will be brought back to life, as he is a modified human being. 

Also be ready for 

Spoiler

Possibly one of the Avengers being revealed to be actually a skrull. The skrulls coming to earth in the 90s was not random. 

My money is on Tony Stark. The after credits scene could be Tony Stark being still stranded somewhere in the galaxy, implying that the Tony who came back to earth is not the real one. That could lead to the "Who's a skrull?" marketing campaign for phase 4. There could be skrulls anywhere: Wakanda, New York, Europe, etc.... Just like the Infinity stones did it until now, the skrulls could be the new thread linking all the MCU movies. 

While this is a very out there story line but it would be neat to see Captain America Castaway into Dimension Z, would be an easy way to not have Captain America around for a while yet still leaves the door open for his return and he could be trapped there through getting blasted by multiple infinity stones that somehow open a portal and sends him there and then closes. As for Arnim Zola's role in the story they could play it off as when he knew the missile was about to hit he was able to transfer himself into another dimension i'm sure Marvel would figure a smoother way then that but it would be neat it's a story line I personally like. 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:
  Hide contents

Possibly one of the Avengers being revealed to be actually a skrull. The skrulls coming to earth in the 90s was not random. 

My money is on Tony Stark. The after credits scene could be Tony Stark being still stranded somewhere in the galaxy, implying that the Tony who came back to earth is not the real one. That could lead to the "Who's a skrull?" marketing campaign for phase 4. There could be skrulls anywhere: Wakanda, New York, Europe, etc.... Just like the Infinity stones did it until now, the skrulls could be the new thread linking all the MCU movies. 

Honestly that would be a perfect way to do it, would also make sense from a marketing standpoint to of saved Captain Marvel for the end of phase 3. 

On 3/15/2019 at 8:15 PM, Robert8 said:

Captain America will die for sure to honor that famous storyline from the comics

Also, like the comics, he will be brought back to life, as he is a modified human being. 

Also be ready for 

Reveal hidden contents

Marvel did do a lot of hyping the Skrulls on the comic side leading up to the movie’s release. They had quite a lot of variant c era leading up to it, moreso than I remember in the past. We definitely haven’t seen the last of them. I like your theory, we’ll see how/if that pans out soon. 

On 3/15/2019 at 11:15 PM, Robert8 said:

Hide contents

Interesting idea, though I disagree that it could be Tony. That's a a difficult storyline to wrap up later if Robert Downey Jr doesn't negotiate any further films past this one. Plus, Nebula is on the ship with him, so somehow she has to make it back but not the real Tony and that could be more trouble than it's worth. Plus I sense people would be angrier if it wasn't really Tony there during the final assembled avengers scenes. To go both Avegers 3 and 4, likely Tony's last appearances in the MCU, without him joining the rest of the avengers before (IMO) Cap dies would be a mistake.

And yeah, my predictions for the core three are as follows;

1) Tony gets married to pepper. That way, he is still in-universe, but he goes off to start a family and doesn't want to avenge anymore. I also anticipate this to be how the movie ends, since they would end this saga where it started- with Tony.

2) Thor will go off to rebuild Asgard and his people. It was already confirmed that there were survivors from the Asgard ship, and it's the best way to again, keep him in-universe but also give him purpose for not being around.

3) Cap will die. I would honestly be 100% shocked if he doesn't. Of the core three, he is the least likely actor to return since he wants to move on to directing. He has possible replacements (Bucky has like 4 movies still.)  Plus, if anyone is going to go down heroically, it's Cap. (also he has been very front and center in most marketing materials compared to usual, getting shots of his own while most other characters share shots, and just look at this movie's trailers compared to Infinity War.) 

On 3/20/2019 at 11:59 AM, VBBN said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Interesting idea, though I disagree that it could be Tony. That's a a difficult storyline to wrap up later if Robert Downey Jr doesn't negotiate any further films past this one. Plus, Nebula is on the ship with him, so somehow she has to make it back but not the real Tony and that could be more trouble than it's worth. Plus I sense people would be angrier if it wasn't really Tony there during the final assembled avengers scenes. To go both Avegers 3 and 4, likely Tony's last appearances in the MCU, without him joining the rest of the avengers before (IMO) Cap dies would be a mistake.

And yeah, my predictions for the core three are as follows;

1) Tony gets married to pepper. That way, he is still in-universe, but he goes off to start a family and doesn't want to avenge anymore. I also anticipate this to be how the movie ends, since they would end this saga where it started- with Tony.

2) Thor will go off to rebuild Asgard and his people. It was already confirmed that there were survivors from the Asgard ship, and it's the best way to again, keep him in-universe but also give him purpose for not being around.

3) Cap will die. I would honestly be 100% shocked if he doesn't. Of the core three, he is the least likely actor to return since he wants to move on to directing. He has possible replacements (Bucky has like 4 movies still.)  Plus, if anyone is going to go down heroically, it's Cap. (also he has been very front and center in most marketing materials compared to usual, getting shots of his own while most other characters share shots, and just look at this movie's trailers compared to Infinity War.) 

I see Tony and Cap dying. Tony wasn't showcased in the first trailer for Spider Man: Far From Home

On 3/22/2019 at 1:57 PM, Savage Oppress said:

I see Tony and Cap dying. Tony wasn't showcased in the first trailer for Spider Man: Far From Home

But that doesn't mean he's dead, it just means he's not in the movie

On 3/25/2019 at 6:53 AM, Quicksilver838 said:

But that doesn't mean he's dead, it just means he's not in the movie trailer

FTFY

4 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That trailer/tv spot shows so much that I wonder how much is real. Also half the universe dies, most likely Clint's family it seems he goes off the deep end and becomes Ronin yet somehow he has time to get an entire sleeve tattooed? lol Also in the beginning when they are talking about going in short handed makes me wish they'd include some of the Netflix side of the MCU

Between the shot of the Avengers in the Benatar, the Avengers in the HQ with Tony standing up, and Rocket and Nebula mourning the loss of the guardians were some of my favorite scenes from the tv spot.

9 minutes ago, Nexogeek said:

Between the shot of the Avengers in the Benatar, the Avengers in the HQ with Tony standing up, and Rocket and Nebula mourning the loss of the guardians were some of my favorite scenes from the tv spot.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting there to be an Avengers road trip in the Benatar, so that was kinda the coolest surprise for me! :classic:

Well, preorders for Endgame tickets have been an absolute shitshow today

AMC as far as I know has been completely down, and people have been waiting hours to try to get tickets through Fandango.

Luckily I have a high-end local theater chain, Emagine (actually owned by one of my distant cousin's husband, fun fact) which was functioning and I was able to snag some awesome tickets. 

(also snagged a preorder for the Endgame Thanos that was revealed by Hot Toys today)

I actually got tickets! Yay! 

I just had to drive over to my local AMC and buy them in person like a pleb. So much for AMC A-List! :shrug_oh_well: