______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

I finally got around to catching up with Agents of Shield's latest episode and the end of it's space pod...

It was a satisfactory ending to this arc, but frankly it was growing long in the tooth and I am glad it's over. Cassius dead, Agents back on Earth, etc.

But... The tease now that Phil Coulson is "sick" and "dying" doesn't sit well with me. I don't want to see the guy die again! If they go through with it sadly I can't see the show going forward without Clark Gregg. Sure, this show pulls so much misdirection I shouldn't think to hard on it... But still. I fear a series finale might be fast approaching to coincide with Infinity War....

5 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

I finally got around to catching up with Agents of Shield's latest episode and the end of it's space pod...

Hide contents

It was a satisfactory ending to this arc, but frankly it was growing long in the tooth and I am glad it's over. Cassius dead, Agents back on Earth, etc.

But... The tease now that Phil Coulson is "sick" and "dying" doesn't sit well with me. I don't want to see the guy die again! If they go through with it sadly I can't see the show going forward without Clark Gregg. Sure, this show pulls so much misdirection I shouldn't think to hard on it... But still. I fear a series finale might be fast approaching to coincide with Infinity War....

My 2 cents

Spoiler

I enjoyed the space pod!

I liked the Vrellnexians, the new characters (Enoch, Deke, Tess, Flint !), the old characters, the CGI (the Trawler!). The discussion between the two Elena wow, the episode with Hunter was awesome, the fight scenes, the fact that May actress was actually injured (Ming-Na Wen is so badass!) <3

but

I didn't like the Kree, they were too much human, just roman empire style. I don't like time travel, it's usually a mess, I would have preferred if they were just in space...

I'm afraid about how they are gonna fix the loop without "cheating" but the screen-writers are good so...let's hope!

About the Coulson thing...I don't know...if they decide to end Agents Of SHIELD with Coulson's death it's ok, I guess...but they can't continue without him! The thing I fear most is an end similar to Agent Carter's one :-/

6 hours ago, ThunderDrako said:

My 2 cents

Reveal hidden contents

I enjoyed the space pod!

I liked the Vrellnexians, the new characters (Enoch, Deke, Tess, Flint !), the old characters, the CGI (the Trawler!). The discussion between the two Elena wow, the episode with Hunter was awesome, the fight scenes, the fact that May actress was actually injured (Ming-Na Wen is so badass!) <3

but

I didn't like the Kree, they were too much human, just roman empire style. I don't like time travel, it's usually a mess, I would have preferred if they were just in space...

I'm afraid about how they are gonna fix the loop without "cheating" but the screen-writers are good so...let's hope!

About the Coulson thing...I don't know...if they decide to end Agents Of SHIELD with Coulson's death it's ok, I guess...but they can't continue without him! The thing I fear most is an end similar to Agent Carter's one :-/

Yeah I agree, Enoch was a great addition. My earlier guess that he was a Skrull was way off but I liked what we got. In a way he was a counter argument to Aida and Ultron, where previously we had seen these androids bent on evil Enoch was more of a robot focused on observation and preservation. 

The Kree were part of what made the pod grow long in the tooth for me. I hear we are seeing more of them in Captain Marvel though... so I guess I gotta get used to them sticking around the MCU for much longer!

My big thing with the time loop set up, is there is a part of me wondering if neither Coulson or Daisy were responsible for the world destruction since we are marching so close to Inifinity War. It has been a while though since SHIELD last so closely tied into the films, but for some reason every shot I see of the destroyed Earth in the pod made me think more Thanos and less SHIELD. Still... if there is going to be an MCU film that warrants some crossover, it is Infinity War. And I really want to see a small crossover again... The complete lack of the Avengers in the future felt, odd... Like Cassius acting like his only earthly enemy was SHIELD. Sure, an apocalypse might have caused the Avengers to fall out of the memory of humanity, but don't you think somebody would have said; "Cassius, dude... if you thought these SHIELD guys were annoying you should have seen the human's A-Team...". Either that or there is some foreshadowing to Infinity War if Cassius never considered the Avengers a threat (i.e. the Avengers are about to get their butts kicked...). I know the TV shows really don't have much bearing on the films, but I want to see the connections made just to remind me that they indeed exist in the same universe. 

However the time loop opens up another possibility... they might be just trying to fully spin of SHIELD into its own separate alternate timeline. I suspect though this show is on its last legs, so I really can't see them doing that to try and facilitate unlikely future seasons. The way we have been seeing so many plot points from previous seasons return (Gravitonium, Robin, Hunter, etc.) makes me have a gut feeling the end is near for the series. If Deathlock and Ghost Rider pop back in soon I am bet that the show will really be ramping up for a final arc. As I said though, I hope the Coulson thing is really some misdirection on the writing staff because him dying... again... just feels like a cheap way to end the series. Seeing Tess brought back in the future using the same Kree-Human blood transfusion stuff felt sloppy to me, since the more characters brought back from the dead the less impactful previous deaths are in the series.  It makes me fear that Grant Ward and Trip are going to just walk back in any minute now! :laugh:

I pretty much agree with most everyone has to say, but theres just one thing that really bugged me about this season;

Its the fact that none of the newest characters were brought back to the present. Not one. It really shows to me that any new, recurring and cool character that is introduced will just be written out anyway. One of the things I enjoyed about the show back in the day, was the roster of characters was always changing. Ward leaves, Tripp joins, Hunter and Mack join, Bobbi joins, Tripp dies, Bobbi and Hunter leave, YoYo joins, Mace joins then dies. It just seems to be a small, set group of characters, it would be nice to see the team expand, not to mention someone coming back from the future could have had good character development, I would especially have liked to see Deke come back after earning his freedom. Enoch would have been a nice addition to the team; having an alien robot would really mix up the diversity 

Edited by Quicksilver838

On 2/6/2018 at 6:02 PM, Quicksilver838 said:

I pretty much agree with most everyone has to say, but theres just one thing that really bugged me about this season;

Hide contents

Its the fact that none of the newest characters were brought back to the present. Not one. It really shows to me that any new, recurring and cool character that is introduced will just be written out anyway. One of the things I enjoyed about the show back in the day, was the roster of characters was always changing. Ward leaves, Tripp joins, Hunter and Mack join, Bobbi joins, Tripp dies, Bobbi and Hunter leave, YoYo joins, Mace joins then dies. It just seems to be a small, set group of characters, it would be nice to see the team expand, not to mention someone coming back from the future could have had good character development, I would especially have liked to see Deke come back after earning his freedom. Enoch would have been a nice addition to the team; having an alien robot would really mix up the diversity 

Agreed... plus I have theory (so potential spoilers if I'm right and I've angered people in the past by figuring things like this out in other shows, so open this at your own peril)

Hide contents

again, it goes to the question as to what the future of the show will really be. If they aren't adding characters and if they kill of Coulson is this yet more hints that they intend to end the show... However this seems improbable to me considering it's now the only marvel show on ABC.

My theory is that Deke and possible also Enoch will return in some sort of timeline change down the road so that Deke's power can help save the world (kinda like Ghost Rider's last minute return last season), it seems like they are introducing the potential to change fate (which is a plot device I normally hate) so anything is possible at that point.

Thank to @Aegis2000 for pointing me this way from the thread for sets. Here is a theory regarding Hulk in IW and the chance of Red Hulk, as we know Marvel can easily use placeholders in earlier trailers to avoid spoilers and we know that Bruce Banner is using the Hulkbuster in Wakanda and in the trailer when they are all running towards the outriders in the big fight in Wakanda, Hulk is shown in the trailer in that scene but what if it was really Red Hulk and Bruce Banners Hulk is a placeholder? I remember watching and interview Mark Ruffalo did regarding a Hulk standalone movie and he said the story arc of Hulk would be drawn across Ragnarok, IW, and Avengers 4 due to them not being able to do a standalone Hulk film nor wanting to at this point. So if IW has the 2nd part of Hulks big story arc who's to say Red Hulk won't be included within the story? They did plan on using Red Hulk in Civil War so its not that far out there to think

On 23/02/2018 at 2:53 AM, Nexogeek said:

Thank to @Aegis2000 for pointing me this way from the thread for sets. Here is a theory regarding Hulk in IW and the chance of Red Hulk, as we know Marvel can easily use placeholders in earlier trailers to avoid spoilers and we know that Bruce Banner is using the Hulkbuster in Wakanda and in the trailer when they are all running towards the outriders in the big fight in Wakanda, Hulk is shown in the trailer in that scene but what if it was really Red Hulk and Bruce Banners Hulk is a placeholder? I remember watching and interview Mark Ruffalo did regarding a Hulk standalone movie and he said the story arc of Hulk would be drawn across Ragnarok, IW, and Avengers 4 due to them not being able to do a standalone Hulk film nor wanting to at this point. So if IW has the 2nd part of Hulks big story arc who's to say Red Hulk won't be included within the story? They did plan on using Red Hulk in Civil War so its not that far out there to think

I just completely imagined that Bruce would pilot the Hulkbuster, would be badass for a few minutes, then a swarm of Outriders or the Black Order would overthrow the suit, and it looks all gloomy, then suddenly Hulk busts out of the Hulkbuster and slams them. As much as I'd like to see Red Hulk in a film, they would need to tell the story of why Ross has become Rulk, which might sideline the actual story, maybe in Phase 4 but I think Infinity War will only have room for one Hulk

I saw Black Panther this last weekend, and it was pretty good. I'd recommend seeing it to anyone pretty much unconditionally. (No spoilers here, but I used a spoiler tag because it's long:)

That doesn't mean I thought it was perfect, but it is fundamentally different than other MCU movies, and most action movies in general. Where many Marvel films are willing to sacrifice plot, story, or character development for a cool action beat, a great setpiece or a one-liner (looking at you directly, Civil War), BP does the opposite; the action was definitely the worst part of the experience, with indiscernible fight choreography and sloppy camera work. As for humor, there were only a few one-liners, and as for the scope of the action, none of the setpieces really felt like they came together completely. Wakanda as a setting was largely undefined, and I think the production value suffered because of it.

However, at this expense comes some of the best character work Marvel has put out. Every character who populates the screen has a story and feels like a fleshed out entity, who thinks, acts, and reacts the way people would. Only mBaku's character seems betrayed in order to service the story in the last half.

The story is also one of the most thoughtful that Marvel has told on the big screen, and clearly was exalted above fan service and easy jokes. While the pacing is hit or miss (some parts drag while others don't last long enough), but beneath the unevenness the story is really well done, and again, serves the characters as portrayed.

All the actors hit every beat, from the main characters to the secondaries, heroes to villains; even Forrest Whitaker didn't bother me (he does in just about everything else). I want to see It again and to see more from this cast.

While I thought the production was off in a large sense, it got a lot right on the smaller end of things: the costumes, the portrayal of Wakandan technology, etc. were all remarkable and never seemed out of place--as movie science goes, there was less hand-waving than I expected; things were shown in a fantastical but easy-to-swallow way.

Yet, despite all the good the movie does, the lack of cohesive action or an overarching geography bring it down for me. It's good, definitely on the upper half of MCU movies so far, but not excellent like maybe Winter Soldier or the 2012 Avengers. Its enjoyable but on its own terms, which makes it hard to compare--like how Ant-Man or Ragnarok are kind of their own thing, and aren't merely trying to be your boilerplate Marvel blockbuster (which they are, but there is also a very specific itch they are meant to scratch). Black Panther is more interested in being a character-driven drama with deeper significance than being an action spectacle, and on that front it succeeds.

Edited by rodiziorobs

So hey guys, just a little mind-blowing, earth-shattering PSA that Avengers: Infinity War is now releasing worldwide on April 27, a week early for many territories including the US!

On 3/2/2018 at 2:51 AM, Aegis2000 said:

So hey guys, just a little mind-blowing, earth-shattering PSA that Avengers: Infinity War is now releasing worldwide on April 27, a week early for many territories including the US!

It is a nice marketing stunt.:wink:

On 3/1/2018 at 5:51 PM, Aegis2000 said:

With fox moving Deadpool 2 to 18 may, they needed to move it to maximize the box office take

Finished Jessica Jones Season 2... terrible.

The only good part about it was that it wasn't as depressing as the first season. The show could be so much more. A noir detective-crime thriller set in NYC... all they have to do is make it paced like one instead of making it so slow. The acting is fine, I enjoyed the super and his son and the cops, but the majority of the characters don't have anything to do with the comics. I mean not even IGH was real. Come on people. Look at Netflix's other offerings. Do your own spin on the characters of course but come on this is a Marvel show: at least have the characters be

named after a real person.

I also realized I enjoyed the "villain" more when I just pretended that Jessica's mom is Thundra or Titania.  

I rewatched Thor: Ragnarok last night. I still enjoy it immensely, but it confirmed to me what I thought when I first saw it, that it's biggest flaw is that it is too eager to make a joke, at the expense of the rest of the movie.

Also, the first act feels really sloppily edited compared to the rest. After Hela gets to Asgard the rest of the movie's pacing is smooth, but it's choppy and frenetic before that.

Found it interesting that Thanos’s balance motif extends to his “children” as well (3 boys, 3 girls when you include Gamora and Nebula)

On 17/03/2018 at 4:40 AM, Robert8 said:

Captain America is so dying in this movie

Yeah, at this point I'd be more shocked if he survives. I bet his death is what Tony Stark looks so upset about in the trailers. 

Can someone more knowledgeable help me out. Because I like to make lists, I have a list of Iron Man armors. In adding the latest which seems to be “Bleeding Edge” I’m seeing Model 37, which I already had listed as “Hammerhead.” Then I see one saying it’s 38...which is also listed as “Igor.” What Mk distinction is the Bleeding Edge armor?

Mk37 is Hammerhead and Mk38 is Igor in the MCU (Earth-199999).

Bleeding Edge on Earth-616 is Model 37.

The Bleeding Edge is an armour stored inside Tony's body, so in the MCU technically it doesn't exist yet; but someone considers Bleeding Edge the Mk46 (for the design), and someone else the Mk48 (for how it materialize).

Edited by ThunderDrako

The new one (from Infinity War which seems to be the closest to the Bleeding Edge) is officially the MK 50 despite us not yet seeing the MK 48 or 49 (one of which is most likely the Hulkbuster).

23 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

The new one (from Infinity War which seems to be the closest to the Bleeding Edge) is officially the MK 50 despite us not yet seeing the MK 48 or 49 (one of which is most likely the Hulkbuster).

Really? Sometimes I find it named Mk48, sometimes Mk50. If officially it's the Mk50, maybe the missing 48 and 49 could be the new Hulkbuster (Thanos-buster? :grin:) and the rumoured...

Spoiler

...Rescue armour (Pepper Potts)

Edited by ThunderDrako

i don't get why the plot is being taken down for Avengers Infinity War on website* (like Wikipedia) even though the film is already out in Australia and other places. if Disney didn't want people to know the plot, they would not have released it already (maybe release the film all over the world at the same time). 

*was up this morning on there.

SPOILERS ⬇

Spoiler

I think killing Doctor Strange and Black Panther gives away that the whole thing will be reverted because there is NO WAY they are getting rid of those characters at this point, which kinda cheapens the effect the movie is supposed to leave in the audience and makes me wonder if both Infinity War movies will be have any consequence at all.

At first when Loki was killed, I was impressed (though I think the character really needs to go away at this point). When Gamora and Vision were killed then it just got real. But when they killed Bucky, Nick Fury, Groot, Spiderman, Star-Lord, Doctor Strange and Black Panther..... you just know this all will be reverted. I mean, there is no way the MCU will go on without them 

Edited by Robert8