______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

I'm.... worried.... there's just too many characters... What is each one going to have two lines? Looks cool but I'm wary. 

That trailer was so good! They didn't show much and that's a good thing. It just makes me want to see more! They already know they have our money so that's probably why. Also, it's one of the most viewed trailer in under 24 hours! Marvel, you are great :thumbup:

Anybody see the new Agents of SHIELD episode? Great stuff... Gave me a theory...

I am willing to bet the guy who kidnapped the Shield crew is likely a Skrull. And the "Daisy" who destroyed the earth in this alternative timeline is probably also a Skrull... Crazy theory, but we know the Skrull are coming to Captain Marvel. Why not hint at them here in SHIELD right now? Surprised nobody else I saw online has speculated the Skrull possibility too...

15 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Anybody see the new Agents of SHIELD episode? Great stuff... Gave me a theory...

Hide contents

I am willing to bet the guy who kidnapped the Shield crew is likely a Skrull. And the "Daisy" who destroyed the earth in this alternative timeline is probably also a Skrull... Crazy theory, but we know the Skrull are coming to Captain Marvel. Why not hint at them here in SHIELD right now? Surprised nobody else I saw online has speculated the Skrull possibility too...

Awesome premiere, I loved everything of it!

Spoiler

You may totally be right, when I saw the "skin suit" I thought too about Skrulls.

It was sooo good! Awesome new actors, awesome dialogues, awesome CGI, the chills while they read the postcard also Ming-Na Wen (May actress) was outstanding since she was actually healing from a knee surgery!

Every single time AoS become more awesome! I feel the fanboyism growing in me xD

Edited by ThunderDrako

Disney is the real Thanos

They just added a new gem to the Gauntlet

Sony and Warner Bros are next 

Edited by Robert8

Okay so when Luke Skywalker and Rey in The Last Jedi....

oh wait...

Marvel movies...

Same thing aren't they now?

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Disney is the real Thanos

They just added a new gem to the Gauntlet

Sony and Warner Bros are next 

Sony I can see actually happening. They and Universal's shared rights to hulk are the  last hold outs of Marvel characters Disney doesn't out right own.

2 hours ago, BrickG said:

Okay so when Luke Skywalker and Rey in The Last Jedi....

oh wait...

Marvel movies...

Same thing aren't they now?

Wrong thread... :laugh:

16 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

Welcome home X-Men/Fantastic Four, welcome home. 

The Fantastic Four rights are messier than the X-Men rights, though. We might still never see a F4 movie (long explanation below):

Fox had all the production and distribution rights to X-Men films*, but with F4, the distribution rights were--and still are--held by Constantin Films, a European production house whose other major Hollywood franchise is the Resident Evil series.

The details are a bit murky, but it could be that those rights never expire like the X-Men rights would have, or like Spider-Man's tenure at Sony (where a film has to be produced every so many years). Constantin could own the distribution rights in perpetuity, which would then make it the equivalent of Universal/The Hulk.

Universal holds the distribution rights for any Hulk film, which is why Ed Norton's Incredible Hulk is treated kind of like the runt of the litter when it comes to the MCU. Most attempts to capitalize on it or include it in boxed sets, make it available through Disney Movies Anywhere or Disney Movie Club, etc, impinge on Universal's rights somewhere, meaning Disney would have to pay a fee, which they aren't willing to do.

Disney found a work-around by including Hulk (and Hulk-centric properties) in other here's movies: both Avengers films already produced plus Infinity War, as well as Thor: Ragnarok.

Presumably, this kind of thing could happen with the Fantastic Four, but again it depends in the undisclosed details of the Constantin deal, and whether or not Constantin is willing to make a bargain with Disney (which apparently, Universal is unwilling to do). So we could see them show up at some time, but them getting their own story to shine in seems unlikely (to me).

*as far as making movies go. When you include merch rights it gets reeallly messy.

However, F4 related villains such as Doctor Room, Super-Skrull, Galactus et al should be fair game. If Marvel shows us they can do Thanos justice, I would love to see how they use those other baddies. (Particularly Kang the Conqueror! Do it, Marvel!)

As for X-Men, I hope (at least for now) that they keep them separate from the MCU. When they decide to reboot, I'd be okay with their inclusion, but I feel like the MCU has come far enough without them that to include them now would be a weird fit.

Sorry for the double post. This part below was not part of the spoiler above, but I can't edit that at all now, so it seemed simpler to repost it as a separate comment. :shrug_confused:

F4 related villains such as Doctor Room, Super-Skrull, Galactus et al should be fair game. If Marvel shows us they can do Thanos justice, I would love to see how they use those other baddies. (Particularly Kang the Conqueror! Do it, Marvel!)

As for X-Men, I hope (at least for now) that they keep them separate from the MCU. When they decide to reboot, I'd be okay with their inclusion, but I feel like the MCU has come far enough without them that to include them now would be a weird fit.

1 hour ago, rodiziorobs said:

I agree 100% !

Yes! Galactus, silver surfer, and Dr. doom under the MCU :wub: Good things are happening. Who knew with infinity war coming out soon, they could manage to have a bigger impact with the F4 and X-men! 

X-Men don't fit in the current universe at all. Heck, they didn't fit in the same universe in the comics. Why there's a whole theme of racism but in the same universe people don't have the same issue with other powered, non-mutant beings just makes no sense.

Plus this universe is already overstuffed. Keep it simple. I think the FF might be able to fit (especially Galactus if they can get the rights he'd be a great next big baddie) but not the X-Men at all.

Edited by BrickG

46 minutes ago, BrickG said:

X-Men don't fit in the current universe at all. Heck, they didn't fit in the same universe in the comics. Why there's a whole theme of racism but in the same universe people don't have the same issue with other powered, non-mutant beings just makes no sense.

Plus this universe is already overstuffed. Keep it simple. I think the FF might be able to fit (especially Galactus if they can get the rights he'd be a great next big baddie) but not the X-Men at all.

You're crazy if you think they're just not going to use the x-men...lol. And people do have a problem with supers, hence the whole sokovia accords thing..

So, Marvel has hired a writer to pen a Black Widow script: https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/10/16876218/marvel-black-widow-standalone-movie-screenwriter

About time.

In other news Black Panther has gotten off to historic start in terms of ticket sales: https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/10/16875118/black-panther-fandango-advance-ticket-sales-record-marvel-civil-war-mcu

15 hours ago, ThunderDrako said:

Yes! Let's hope it will be something like "C.A. The Winter Soldier"! More spies and less aliens!!! :wub:

Agreed, Thor and GOTG fighting aliens is one thing. BW is a super spy, she needs to fight an intriguing earthly threat

Anyone know when they'll announce Phase 4 of the MCU? I mean, other than the 5 remaining movies for Phase 3 (Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Captain Marvel and Avengers 4) and the Spiderman: Homecoming sequel and Guardians of the Galaxy 3 for Phase 4, there's nothing currently known for what they're planning for the future of the MCU.

Does anyone think that they'd held off from announcing anything at all because of the Disney/Fox deal? And how do you guys think they'd announce their future plans? Through their own press event, like they did in October 2014, or through San Diego Comic Con 2018? 

5 hours ago, TAFOL said:

Anyone know when they'll announce Phase 4 of the MCU? I mean, other than the 5 remaining movies for Phase 3 (Black Panther, Avengers: Infinity War, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Captain Marvel and Avengers 4) and the Spiderman: Homecoming sequel and Guardians of the Galaxy 3 for Phase 4, there's nothing currently known for what they're planning for the future of the MCU.

Does anyone think that they'd held off from announcing anything at all because of the Disney/Fox deal? And how do you guys think they'd announce their future plans? Through their own press event, like they did in October 2014, or through San Diego Comic Con 2018? 

Its confirmed that the title of Avengers 4 won't be revealed until after Infinity War drops, so most likely Phase 4s line up will be revealed just before or after Avengers 4. For all we know, the line up could contain some spoilers for the end of Avengers 4 (like say for instance if they reveal Iron Man 4, and we'd be sat through the whole film not worrying about Tonys fate).

Audiences know that far future movies are kind of a spoiler for the ones closer to release--i.e. when you hear about Iron Man 5 you know that Iron Man will live through at least the next couple movies. It deflates the tension going into a movie when you know that everyone will still be standing at the end of it.

Marvel knows this and so has actively worked to keep most. things beyond Avengers 3 under wraps, so that we don't--even can't--assume survival for any character. They want us to believe it's all on the table and everything could change. We also know Marvel likes to film things or cut trailers in a way that is a deliberate misdirection, so that no one, not even the actors sometimes, knows exactly what will happen.

Some things we know, like that Ant-Man, Wasp, Black Widow, and probably Dr. Strange will show up In future movies. It's reasonable that at least some of the Guardians of the Galaxy would survive. But everyone else is a mystery. We know contracts are ending for a lot of the major players, and some are going to get let go.

Maybe the Fox deal had something to do with it, but I think Marvel's tight lips on Phase four have less to do with that contingency and more to do with not letting their future stories get in the way of this one.

Edited by rodiziorobs

I get the feeling that while the delay may have originally had more to do with avoiding spoilers, at this point I think we might have to wait for the fox deal to go through before we know the full phase 4 slate as marvel cannot announce anything x-man till then.

While I don't think the x-man will be a central focus in phase 4 I do think Marvel will want to have at least some x-man related movies during that time. Therefore I do not think we'll see much beyond perhaps the 2020 slate until at least early 2019-june 2019 depending on when the deal in finalized.