______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

13 hours ago, ThunderDrako said:

I really liked this movie, I guess I liked all the character: Ned, Happy and Vulture and his gang. The villains were awesome, relatable, and "real"! Not the classic "Ahr, ahr, I'm a bad guy!" but "The world's changing boys. It's time we change too!"
Also Iron Man appears the right amount of time without stealing the light of Spidey and there are A LOT of continuity easter eggs that I loved!

Reply to Vindicare:

Hide contents

For Flash Thompson, at first I would have agreed with you, but they just wanted to avoid the classic "Dumb buff bully" cliche. Also, a dumb buff bully wouldn't pose a threat to the powered-up Peter while a smart and rich one will!
Right now the bully is not anymore the one that beat you up after school, he's the one that take a photo in the changing room and after a little of photoshop sends it to everyone you now ;)

Kevin Feige confirmed that Michelle is not Mary Jane, he said that she would be a new completely different character, an important one (a new hero or a potential love story?) and that MJ was just a reference.
TL;DR: Kevin Feige: "Hahahahaha, we trolled you, haha!"

What I didn't like:

Hide contents

While I enjoy the suit made by Tony, I think it distorts a little how Spiderman should be...it looks too much like Iron Man (the A.I. Karen is definitely too much !!!). I know they wanted to mix old poor comic Spidey with present billionaire comic Parker but...the present one sucks...Parker should be poor!

Parker struggles to be have both a social life and a superhero life (damn right!) but...there is little consequence...his team wins the match anyway, his friends doesn't hate him (they just think he's weird), etc. Raimi Spidey had to choose, this one not!

BTW I think Spiderman refuses to join the Avengers because the new suit is very very ugly xD

I was thinking....is EVERY villain in the MCU indirectly created by Tony Stark?!?!?!?!?!

I loved the movie, I'm just a bit of a nostalgia purist when it comes to characters, especially when changes are made that shouldn't be. Especially when it's perceived to be made due to the social climate of the day... 

As for Flaah, I didn't mind him being an updated social media kind of bully...but changing who he is was dumb to me. That would be like making Parker a bumbling idiot instead of the genius we know him to be. Speaking of his smarts, I also didn't like all the Stark tech in the suit...in my mind it sort of took away from who Parker is.

42 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Infinity War teaser shown at D23, description below. Cannot wait for this movie!!!!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2017/07/15/avengers-infinity-war-footage-released/

footage sounds pretty dark for a Marvel movie, and Captain America isn't accurate to the rest of the movies, because the footage described him having an beard.

2 hours ago, Savage Oppress said:

footage sounds pretty dark for a Marvel movie, and Captain America isn't accurate to the rest of the movies, because the footage described him having an beard.

When he dropped the shield in Civil War, he stopped being Captain America, he's gonna be Steve Rogers for a majority of this movie

6 hours ago, Savage Oppress said:

There was a time when the comics got rebooted with the "NOW!" that he did have a beard through quite a few issues. Since we know they pull out of everywhere for the characters...it works. 

The description of the trailer has me going nuts! It sounds amazing....is it May yet?! And the Black Order?!:wub:

Edited by Vindicare

27 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

The description of the trailer has me going nuts! It sounds amazing....is it May yet?! And the Black Order?!:wub:

Its still early yet, but I'm wandering where Supergiants at. They showed the statues for Maw, Glaive, Midnight and Black Dwarf (the latter of which they called Cul Obsidian, that is not his name, thats another name of the Black Order, if they call Black Dwarf Cull Obsidian in the movie, I'm not going to be too happy... They won't like me when I'm not too happy...), but yet no Supergiant. Then again it may be because of trolling, they had previously shown 4 statues covered up, one of which was larger than the others and everyone was like "OOHH FANTASTIC FOUR?!?". It'd be kinda funny if they were just trolling Fantastic Four for the sake of not including Supergiants statue

10 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Its still early yet, but I'm wandering where Supergiants at. They showed the statues for Maw, Glaive, Midnight and Black Dwarf (the latter of which they called Cul Obsidian, that is not his name, thats another name of the Black Order, if they call Black Dwarf Cull Obsidian in the movie, I'm not going to be too happy... They won't like me when I'm not too happy...), but yet no Supergiant. Then again it may be because of trolling, they had previously shown 4 statues covered up, one of which was larger than the others and everyone was like "OOHH FANTASTIC FOUR?!?". It'd be kinda funny if they were just trolling Fantastic Four for the sake of not including Supergiants statue

Be prepared to be not happy, I'm sure. They make, seemingly, weird changes for no reason at all. So why not  name Black Dwarf something else... 

As to Supergiant... and coming from someone who avidly started reading comics when the "NOW!"started, if memory serves, the times I've read books where the Order was involved, it was the four who will be in Infinity War. Was Supergiant in the original Infinity story? We all know they don't stick too close to the source material...but pick parts, take or add at will. 

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

Be prepared to be not happy, I'm sure. They make, seemingly, weird changes for no reason at all. So why not  name Black Dwarf something else... 

As to Supergiant... and coming from someone who avidly started reading comics when the "NOW!"started, if memory serves, the times I've read books where the Order was involved, it was the four who will be in Infinity War. Was Supergiant in the original Infinity story? We all know they don't stick too close to the source material...but pick parts, take or add at will. 

Yeah she was in the Infinity story, she got blown up at the end. Kinda forgot about that, guess as all five members appeared in Avengers Assemble and GotG cartoons I completely forgot about her death

Just saw a coverage segment on morning news of D23, showcasing Star Wars & Avengers....it was said there's going to be a 30 minute fight scene. :cry_happy:

Edited by Vindicare

I saw Homecoming over the weekend and it was, uh, good. Overall, I wasn't amazed by it but it didn't disappoint either. The story was well written, the dialogue too, the acting and casting was pretty good for everybody, from the big names to the side characters.

Michael Keaton was probably the greatest part of the movie though, with the car scene (you see a bit of it in the trailers) being his best. Most SH villains get hammier and sillier as the movie progresses, but I think he actually got better as the movie wore on.

As for the rest of the movie, I'd say it justified its existence; no one thought we needed yet another iteration of the character for another decade or so, but thankfully the movie proves itself. At the same time, I don't know personally that I would need to see it again. Not anytime soon, at any rate.

Not a spoiler, just a personal comment/rant:

I've read a lot of reviews complaining about characters (SM included) deviating from their source material, which while true, doesn't get me riled up at all: the movie has to function on its own, which this one does. What I do get upset about is when characters deviate from themselves within the same work, i.e. MCU Civil War. So, one good thing for me personally about SM:HC is that it does address some of the pitfalls that accompanied the Conflict Ball in CA:CW, but at the same time it also demonstrates how much CW did whatever it wanted with the characters in pursuit of fanservice (same as AoU before it). So maybe SM:HC will get better upon rewatching, while CA:CW gets worse.

HOLY CRAP!!! The sound of that infinity war trailer :cry_happy: Ten years leading to this moment and it's been worth the wait. I had some friends who saw this and i'm completely jealous. Thor with the Guardians, Scarlet Witch dodging and breaking a car, Thanos sounds menacing, bearded cap, blonde black widow, doctor strange and star lord jumping on magical platforms, spidey sense, new spiderman suit, thanos sending fireballs, thanos wearing the gauntlet with the stones, and BAM done. I'm hoping SDCC will be able to show this footage, I'm so pumped! The MCU has been here for a decade and i've grown to love the whole thing. It's amazing to get all of these characters into one movie!

Saw SM:HC last week and just wanted to say that the sets are some of the most accurate (if not the most accurate) that we've had so far! Really a pleasant surprise :thumbup: :wink:

Awesome trailer, some great moments, but...

...let's get some Infinity War, shall we? Fingers crossed it comes online. No way it doesn't leak othwerwise!

Edited by Aegis2000

The full trailer has leaked online, in albeit leaked quality, but it is beautiful! The moment where Thanos steps out and says "fun is not something one considers when balancing the universe, but this does bring a smile to my face..." 

That's gold right there. This movie promises to be so good. Hopefully Marvel has balanced their universe well enough. I cannot wait to see this play out next May

I simply refuse to watch the leaked trailer, such an epic scaled movie deserves a full 1080p viewing, not second hand off someones mobile device

As for Ragnarok, holy dang it looks epic. Surtur is someone I've been hoping would appear in this movie, he looks so damn awesome, and Hulk... can't wait to see more of Hulk, so glad he's talking for once, never has a Hulk film really had an accurate Hulk where he talks in a caveman like state (aside from his only 2 lines in the MCU), excited to finally see it happen

The live blog of the Marvel Panel was good, but it felt like Marvel Studios took the cheap route. DC pushed out the trailer for Justice League, and Marvel knew that they could blast them out of the convention with Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, and Infinty War. The entire universe wanted Marvel Studios to release the Infinity War trailer yesterday, but they hesitated and they held back the Black Panther and Infinity War footage from being uploaded to Youtube, and decided on Thor: Ragnarok to be their trump card instead.

So they dumped Captain Marvel information during the convention. It's set in the 1990's with the Skrulls as villains... So obviously Marvel has wrested another set of characters from Fox for the MCU.

Just now, xboxtravis7992 said:

So they dumped Captain Marvel information during the convention. It's set in the 1990's with the Skrulls as villains... So obviously Marvel has wrested another set of characters from Fox for the MCU.

I know its REEEAAALLY early but I'm excited for those sets! :excited: :grin:

Infinity war trailer is beautiful and it isn't even in HD! Thanos looks like a very good villain. The reason he doesn't have his helmet and armor is because he literally has the power of God in his hands. I know some people who were complaining about that. Skrulls in the MCU makes me so happy! Oh, the possibilities they could do with them.

Doctor Doom is also coming...I hope the news of the Skrulls being in the MCU means that Fox also gave, or lent... Doom to Marvel Studios. I didn't hate Ultimate Doom from the last movie...but I didn't love him either. :shrug_confused:

22 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

I would love if, as a prequel, it reveals a lead up to a Secret Invasion storyline (present day) or something.

On the same note, I understand that the new Lego Marvel SH game has a comic cover variant of Kang the Conqueror--but that there aren't any Fox characters (like X-men or F4) in the game. It makes me wonder if part of Fox's TV deal last year included them swapping rights with Marvel Studios for some villains but maybe just not in time for them to be included in the game (in other words, I would love to see Kang in the MCU!)

Edited by rodiziorobs

It was confirmed last year that the Skrulls are actually co-owned by both Marvel and Fox. Besides, its not like Fox is doing much good with their reboots, Marvel should be using the Skrulls, they're great characters

Spoiler

I saw some versions of the leaked Infinity war footage and therefore I ask, have the guardians repaired the Milano, it sure looks like it from what I could see/recognize in the trailer.