______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

The trailers for the Netflix series look promising!

Also Ghost Rider in Agents of SHIELD!

Hulk is going to look amazing in Ragnarok, that helmet looks like it came right out of the planet hulk comic.

Edited by amazingbricks

In addition to the new trailer for Doctor Strange, Marvel/Disney has announced the first American theme park ride based on the MCU for Disney's California Adventure, a ride based on the Guardians of the Galaxy escaping from The Collector.(I think Hong Kong Disneyland might have an Iron Man ride)

Problem is... it's not a new ride system. They are removing and redecorating one of the Park's earliest rides from 2003 known as "The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror" which happens to be be one of my favorite rides in the park. While I am upset about it, some people are really pissed, my sister especially since Tower of Terror is her favorite ride in that park.

So I don't know, as cool as it is that Disney is finally making a theme park ride for the MCU I am really turned off by how it comes at the removal of a great ride. If it was a temporary re-skin I wouldn't mind at all, but Disney is touting this to be a very permeant change...

Here is the announcement video:

Edited by xboxtravis7992

I've never read the Dr. Strange comics... but wow. Cumberbatch is perfect, and the sheer visual weirdness of it is going to make me see it in theaters. Aside from the fact that it'll be probably one of the best solo Marvel films. They really have a streak going here, with increasingly bizarre movies coming out every year and being very successful nonetheless. I like this!

Doctor Strange seems to be the most artistic of the Marvel films so i'm definitely in! I get an Inception vibe from it.

I'm curious how surreal they will go with it? I hope they just go nuts with the MC Escher wackiness, this would be the movie to do it in.

In addition to the new trailer for Doctor Strange, Marvel/Disney has announced the first American theme park ride based on the MCU for Disney's California Adventure, a ride based on the Guardians of the Galaxy escaping from The Collector.(I think Hong Kong Disneyland might have an Iron Man ride)

Problem is... it's not a new ride system. They are removing and redecorating one of the Park's earliest rides from 2003 known as "The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror" which happens to be be one of my favorite rides in the park. While I am upset about it, some people are really pissed, my sister especially since Tower of Terror is her favorite ride in that park.

So I don't know, as cool as it is that Disney is finally making a theme park ride for the MCU I am really turned off by how it comes at the removal of a great ride. If it was a temporary re-skin I wouldn't mind at all, but Disney is touting this to be a very permeant change...

Here is the announcement video:

I'm glad Guardians of the Galaxy is getting a ride and it makes more sense than Twilight Zone theming. Strange that it's only happening at one Disneyland however and not the Paris one too.

Aww yeah, Brie Larson as Captain Marvel.

I do wonder why Ragnarok is themed like the 80s. I guess they have big plans for what they are doing. I'm not worried. Marvel Studios could make a Dazzler movie and I'm sure it'd be great.

Doctor Strange was already my favorite Marvel character. Because of the movie, I like him even more! Definitely going to be the best marvel movie ever!

Trailer looked incredible! I'm still not sure on the villain, I'm afraid he will turn out to be just another one and done villain who in 2 years most people will not even remember his name.

So, how does everyone feel about the newest Spidey news. For those of you who are unaware, Zendaya is supposedly playing the supporting role of

Mary Jane Watson.

Personally, I'm not keen on this casting. With a character as pivotal and beloved as Spider-man, one of his main compatriots should not be cast out of appearance, such as the Human Torch was. Don't get me wrong, she's a great actress, but I don't feel she was the right choice for the role.

Edited by Aegis2000

Kno, how does everyone feel about the newest Spidey news. For those of you who are unaware, Zendaya is supposedly playing the supporting role of

Mary Jane Watson.

Personally, I'm not keen on this casting. With a character as pivotal and beloved as Spider-man, one of his main compatriots should not be cast out of appearance, such as the Human Torch was. Don't get me wrong, she's a great actress, but I don't feel she was the right choice for the role.

100% agreed. This is where they needed to have her character be comic accurate. I'm disappointed, but Marvel knows what they are doing. I'm sure she'll do great in her role, but I'm just not feeling it.

Edited by amazingbricks

I've heard a rumor by someone

That this "MJ" is NOT Mary Jane Watson, but more like a new character that's an homage to her or she'll be some sort of amalgamation of characters. So this rumor would see Michelle, as she's currently called on the cast list, ask Peter to call her "MJ" in a credits scene. Some supposed evidence: during SDCC they revealed Tony Revoloris' character to be Flash Thompson but Zendaya is still credited as Michelle. I kinda could see this theory being true and I also kind of like it. Either way though, I kind of agree with what James Gunn is saying about the situation. It's not the end of the world. If she is Mary Jane Watson, obviously she was the best girl for the job because Marvel's casting is incredible. HOWEVER, I was really hoping she was going to play White tiger so ultimately I hope all of these rumors are untrue :laugh:

^I was hoping that as well, she would no doubt do fantastic in that role, given her take-charge attitude and slender physique. I suppose we'll have to wait and see, but for now nothing is set in stone.

I have no problem with Zendaya playing Mary Jane. Sure its not an exact fit but people of african descent can be red headed, but even if she isnt naturally does it matter since Dunst is as blonde as they come.

Im more concerned with her getting the character right and since shes only just been cast we have no idea. Until proven otherwise I will keep an open mind and make my judgements when I sit down to watch the movie just as I did with Jared Leto before I watched Suicide Squad.

Edited by Forresto

I'm actually very happy with the casting. We've seen MJ on-screen before, so I don't mind them shaking it up (no pun intended). I don't think MJ's race is entirely important to the character, as long as she plays the character well. If she's MJ, I'm sure the red hair will come in time (hair dye exists!) as it looks like they're going the "ugly duckling" route with the character if set photos and descriptions are to be believed. She definitely would not be a good choice for White Tiger, as WT is a one of the few Latina heroes in the Marvel universe. In that case, her race is important to the character as she represents a minority that gets very little representation (we still don't have a Latino/Latina superhero on-screen yet).

Besides, Marvel hasn't screwed up with casting in the MCU. I've lost count of how many times there has been an uproar of an actor cast in a role only to be beloved by fans once they actually see them in the film.

Technically Season 3 of Agents of SHIELD gave us two Latin American superheroes, Joey and that Columbian woman. Both Inhumans to. Oh and Ghost Rider in MoAS will be Mexican to.

Edited by xboxtravis7992