______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

I didn't even know what Baskin Robbins was. I had to google it, apparently it's a real ice cream place.

I didn't even know what Baskin Robbins was. I had to google it, apparently it's a real ice cream place.

Yup, it's everywhere in North America.

Not everywhere. I haven't seen one in maybe 10 years. I live in Ohio

Further investigation shows they actually exist in England, who'd 'av thunk?

Nearest one's about a hour and a half away in Manchester. Don't think I'll bother.

Now Thor:The Dark World, that had ridiculous amounts of product placement, shredies, vimto etc. It drove me bonkers at times.

Let's not forget that the entire Phase I of the MCU was an elaborate publicity stunt conceived to serve as a glorified ad campaign to give a shot in the arm to the shawarma market. :look:

Let's not forget that the entire Phase I of the MCU was an elaborate publicity stunt conceived to serve as a glorified ad campaign to give a shot in the arm to the shawarma market. :look:

They mentioned Burger King in Iron Man I.

mabh4.gif

I kinda felt that way during/after my first viewing. Up until the whole Avengers heist, the pacing seemed way off. I agree 100% about the father/daughter conflict between Hank and Hope. Added to the fact that there were plenty of other needlessly silly moments (Baskin Robbins, the tank, the giant ant and Thomas come to mind).

Then again, isn't the whole concept needlessly silly? I mean, it's Ant Man. :laugh: I really don't think he ever deserved his own movie, and I was only really interested at first because Edgar Wright was involved. I think that for a movie about Ant Man, they did the best they could.

I do, however, disagree about the actors. Hope was just stubborn, so she didn't seem very relatable even after she forgave Hank. Cross was really just there and didn't do much (coughMalekithcough). They talked about he was going insane from the suit, but he never actually went into the suit until the end, right? They couldn't shrink him down until then because he'd turn into slime. :sceptic:

I do think Ant Man will turn out for the better, though. It introduces Ant Man and Wasp who will become nice side-players in upcoming Avengers films, and it's nice to see that Marvel can make an isolated film that doesn't have to be connected to every movie before it and set up every movie after it (I'm looking at you, AoU).

Loki and Thor are ridiculous characters, but they work in the MCU because Tom Hiddleston and Chris Hemsworth have fun with them. They enjoy every second the get to play these characters, and so we have fun watching them. That's what was missing from Ant-Man, and that's why I'm not enthused about Ant-Man and Wasp in future films--the way they played the concept itself actually works just fine (though they did REALLY overblow it when describing the Yellow Jacket as "future of warfare", that's kind of overselling by a lot :laugh: ), it's the characters/actors that don't work. :sceptic:

I guess if I had to pick either Ant-Man or Wasp, though, I'd have to pick Ant-Man--Paul Rudd seems like he can have fun, if he's given the right people to play off of; maybe if he isn't bogged down with the "I'm being kept away from my daughter" plot (which, admittedly, would realistically bog any character down) and he has a few wise-crackers to bounce off of, maybe he'll be more fun to watch. I'm not holding my breath, though. :sceptic:

Loki and Thor are ridiculous characters, but they work in the MCU because Tom Hiddleston and Chris Hemsworth have fun with them. They enjoy every second the get to play these characters, and so we have fun watching them. That's what was missing from Ant-Man, and that's why I'm not enthused about Ant-Man and Wasp in future films--the way they played the concept itself actually works just fine (though they did REALLY overblow it when describing the Yellow Jacket as "future of warfare", that's kind of overselling by a lot :laugh: ), it's the characters/actors that don't work. :sceptic:

I guess if I had to pick either Ant-Man or Wasp, though, I'd have to pick Ant-Man--Paul Rudd seems like he can have fun, if he's given the right people to play off of; maybe if he isn't bogged down with the "I'm being kept away from my daughter" plot (which, admittedly, would realistically bog any character down) and he has a few wise-crackers to bounce off of, maybe he'll be more fun to watch. I'm not holding my breath, though. :sceptic:

I would probably loosen up a bit about it. We haven't even seen Evangeline Lilly in the Wasp outfit and her character has already taken an upturn after the events of Antman. She'll be totally different in future movies. These guys will become ensemble characters in Avengers and will be able to bounce of all of the other great characters we have. They'll be fine and their powers will be totally fun to watch when thrown into the mix.

Hulk wasn't so fun in TIH but he was in A:A and A:AoU. Thor was also less interesting in his first film before he grew into the role in A:A, T:DW and A:AoU.

Edit: Now that I think about it, Cap wasn't much liked until CA:TWS. I'd give Antman and Wasp time to grow, 'cept I liked them in Antman.

Edited by Mr Man

Further investigation shows they actually exist in England, who'd 'av thunk?

Nearest one's about a hour and a half away in Manchester. Don't think I'll bother.

Now Thor:The Dark World, that had ridiculous amounts of product placement, shredies, vimto etc. It drove me bonkers at times.

I personally love product placement in movies. It makes things feel more real.

I personally love product placement in movies. It makes things feel more real.

It sort of took me out of the film, not because it was obvious, but because I was use to seeing American stuff, where it all looks fantastical and I can't tell what's a real product and what's generic. Combined that with the fact it was set in London, I think I spent too long looking at all the things and places I recognised than watching the film :grin:.

So, I was on the MCU Movie WIki and found out that someone has a pic of the file Banner had of Klaw in the movie as seen below:

http://vignette1.wik...=20150825103925

It says that he was a former member of the Intelligencia.

…………….

The Intelligencia as in the Marvel super villain group. Pretty cool to know it exists in some form in the MCU.

Edited by Legocity2713

Going back to AOU am I the only one who loves the sacrifice of quicksilver(sorry kevkipo). I love his character, in all forms (avengers, xmen movies & comics) but I prefered him dying over hawkeye, and I hate him ! Am I crazy?

Please put spoiler tags. I know it's already been three months, but there may be people who still haven't seen it.

And

Yes, you are crazy. Quicksilver should have lived. It was a waste, in my opinion.

Edited by EZNetwork

I didn't mind it, it showed the stakes were high, higher than if nobody died.

Eh...speedsters OP. :tongue:

I'm very interested to see now how Civil War goes down in the MCU. I just watched through ComicsExplained's video series on YouTube, and if they go with the same ending they did in the comics, there will be riots. :laugh: Enough people then seemed to feel it was a "The Bad Guy Wins" type of scenario, and America has only gotten further and further from those ideals since then.

Incidentally, I think I like the movie versions of these characters way more than the comic versions--the comic versions are dicks. :laugh:

Well let's spill the beans

tumblr_static_spill_the_beans.gif

Whoop beans...

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR CIVIL WAR

rsSka2.jpg7bkD6q.jpgmUtCgk.jpg

Ain't that awesome!

Edited by kevkipo

Wow.

Hawkeye look awesome! and if we don't get a falcon i'm going to form a pitchfork mob!

Relax, i'm 100% sure we will

Dunno, seems like just Vision or War Machine and Iron Man could give Cap's team an **swhooping twice over without breaking a sweat.

Edited by Mr Breden

• Vision is on a team? I thought he and Black Panther were neutral.
    • Widow and Hawkeye seem to be on the wrong teams, maybe each is a mole on the other team :grin:.
    • Falcon is committing some sort of treason isn't (is he still meant to be in the USAF?).
    • No sign of Wanda then?
    • Falcon has a little robot bird, maybe he vanted a burd.
    • Iron Man's armour has pointless blue lights on it.
    • 13 is important enough to get on the posters?
    • Are Hill or Fury in this?

• Vision is on a team? I thought he and Black Panther were neutral.
    • Widow and Hawkeye seem to be on the wrong teams, maybe each is a mole on the other team :grin:.
    • Falcon is committing some sort of treason isn't (is he still meant to be in the USAF?).
    • No sign of Wanda then?
    • Falcon has a little robot bird, maybe he vanted a burd.
    • Iron Man's armour has pointless blue lights on it.
    • 13 is important enough to get on the posters?
    • Are Hill or Fury in this?

1. Spidey is the neutral one, Vision is Tony's baby off course he is with Tony

2. Nope, Hawkeye wants to keep everything down under, family and all. Have you seen the end of Cap 2?

3. Nope

4. Secret weapon

5. That's Redwing, as a drone. How awesome is that

6. That's the Bleeding edge armour, one of the strongest armours there is, He like's the way it light's up

7. Apparentley yes.

8. No(ish?)

Edited by kevkipo

1. Spidey is the neutral one, Vision is Tony's baby off course he is with Tony

2. Nope, Hawkeye wants to keep everything down under, family and all. Have you seen the end of Cap 2?

3. Nope

4. Secret weapon

5. That's Redwing, as a drone. How awesome is that

6. That's the Bleeding edge armour, one of the strongest armours there is, He like's the way it light's up

7. Apparentley yes.

8. No(ish?)

• Vision is 'on the side of life', it seemed too big a character trait to just erase or change to 'I'm on the side of my dad, but not Ultron-Dad, Tony-Dad.
    • SHIELD and the goverment have a better chance of protecting his family than Rodgers does. Plus Natasha was quite pally with Rodgers in TWS and helped collapse SHIELD.
    • If he's not, how did he get his wings in TWS?
    • For whom? I'd say Rodgers due to her hatred of Tony. But she's hardly a game changer in the MCU.
    • A robot bird, maybe it's Ultron :grin:.
    • I hope it's not the version from the comics, that's just stupidly over-powered.
    • Maybe she'll get something to do this time.
    • I checked, apparently Fury will not be in it. Hill, maybe.