______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Anyone else giddy about how terrible the Fantastic Four movie is doing so far? Everyone and their grandmother is roasting it. That's what you get, Fox

It makes me so happy! I'm just praying the same thing that happened to Spider-Man happens to the Fantastic Four.

It makes me so happy! I'm just praying the same thing that happened to Spider-Man happens to the Fantastic Four.

I don't think fox deserves to be in on the deal with them though. Marvel should just buy their rights back and also just give TV rights for Xmen to fox in the process

I love the bad reactions on FF

Buuuuut... i don't want Marvel to buy the rights, Infinity War is already overcrowded as it is. And the more movies they make the more they change they fail once and everyone is going to the Dark Cide (get it) so yes

I like the MCU we kinda have now, i don't want it to change more

I doubt they'd add them into infinity wars. They'd be phase four. Plus it means we could actually get F4 sets

I doubt they'd add them into infinity wars. They'd be phase four. Plus it means we could actually get F4 sets

True true... would make a nice Phase four. And i have to agree i'd like to see and Tony's age wise cracking, nut job, Mr Fantastic...

I think getting Fantastic Four back would be good just so we could have Silver Surfer and Galactus, but I do agree that the MCU is pretty crowded as is.

Marvel did make several offers to get back the fantastic 4 but fox refused to give/sell the rights back mainly because they not only have rights to the fantastic 4 main characters but also the villains and other side characters e.g. silver surfer........this is why they made the 1994 movie which was never shown just to keep the rights.....and due to the crappy cgi and rushed 3rd part of the movie i only suspect that fox realized that the deadline for the rights was near and decided to pull part of the budget and just finish the movie quickly so that they can hold onto the rights , hence their refusal to show the film to critics and the review embargo.

Edited by kermit

Yes, yes I am. Not ashamed to say I called it, I knew from the first trailer it would be awful. Funny, I was having an argument with my mom this morning about how is was crappy it will be and why. Her argument was have an open mind, and I'm like no, no I'm NOT going to watch it I blatantly refuse, it's NOT going to do well because they fudge blasted the FF right in there bare buns :laugh:

Ah well, FOX has gotta learn some how

I'm just hoping this will mark the end of the "gritty/dark" superhero reboot. :sceptic:

I'm just hoping this will mark the end of the "gritty/dark" superhero reboot. :sceptic:

Not until Zach Snyder is out of the business. :tongue:

Not until Zach Snyder is out of the business. :tongue:

At least what we've seen of BvS doesn't look as bleakly CGI'd like MoS. Don't get me wrong, it still looks unnecessarily gritty, but not as unnecessarily gritty as MoS. :tongue:

I know Feige said that Marvel movies will never take a "dark" turn, which unfortunately means sacrificing some great plots, but at least it keeps it from becoming a grit-fest. :laugh:

At least what we've seen of BvS doesn't look as bleakly CGI'd like MoS. Don't get me wrong, it still looks unnecessarily gritty, but not as unnecessarily gritty as MoS. :tongue:

I know Feige said that Marvel movies will never take a "dark" turn, which unfortunately means sacrificing some great plots, but at least it keeps it from becoming a grit-fest. :laugh:

Well Doc Strange is said to be the darkest Marvel movie of the 3 Phases...

If they wouldn't have cut things that where in the first draft, it would be rated a Horror movie!

What I think needs to happen in phase 4 is the original avengers need to switch out.

Captain marvel and Bucky should take up cap and iron mans roles and the rest of the avengers should be

Black widow

Wasp

Antman

Scarlet witch

Black panther

Falcon

She hulk

I think by then cap and war machine will have been killed maybe in civil war and iron man, vision, and hulk will have been killed in the infinity war u can picture thanos ripping visions head apart to get the infinity stone hawkeye will have retired and Thor will be king of Asgard.

The next lot of movies should be

Antman 2

The avengers reassembled

Spider man 2

Guardians of the Galaxy volume 3

Black panther 2

Doctor strange 2

Captain marvel 2 (featuring miss marvel)

She hulk

The fantastic four (they'll have the rights back by then I'm pretty sure)

Edited by Chookdude

Marvel did make several offers to get back the fantastic 4 but fox refused to give/sell the rights back mainly because they not only have rights to the fantastic 4 main characters but also the villains and other side characters e.g. silver surfer........this is why they made the 1994 movie which was never shown just to keep the rights.....and due to the crappy cgi and rushed 3rd part of the movie i only suspect that fox realized that the deadline for the rights was near and decided to pull part of the budget and just finish the movie quickly so that they can hold onto the rights , hence their refusal to show the film to critics and the review embargo.

Funny that Fox has the rights to the great cosmic villains like Galactus, the Skrulls, Annihilus, etc. yet they keep coming back to Dr. Doom, who they can't seem to do right. Oh, and that cloud thing.

To be honest, I thought the first F4 (with Chris Evans, Jessica Alba, et al) was pretty good. Sure, it was a dumb popcorn flick, but still entertaining, and pretty well cast. Cheesy as heck, but so were the Spider-Man and Bond movies until about that same time, so that's no knock against it. Granted, I haven't seen F4 in years so maybe it hasn't held up well, ymmv.

Also, from what I have read this new one is actually decent for about the first half, then it suddenly and completely falls apart, and then keeps getting worse until the credits roll.

Phase 4 people, phase 4. It would be a bit poetic, wouldn't it?

In other news, Madame Masque is the main villain for Agent Carter Season 2. It would've been awesome to see her in an Iron Man movie instead, but I think she'll be great here.

Well Doc Strange is said to be the darkest Marvel movie of the 3 Phases...

If they wouldn't have cut things that where in the first draft, it would be rated a Horror movie!

Not surprised. Scott Derrickson is a horror guy, after all. Avengers started with an R rating too.

What I think needs to happen in phase 4 is the original avengers need to switch out.

Captain marvel and Bucky should take up cap and iron mans roles and the rest of the avengers should be

Black widow

Wasp

Antman

Scarlet witch

Black panther

Falcon

She hulk

I think by then cap and war machine will have been killed maybe in civil war and iron man, vision, and hulk will have been killed in the infinity war u can picture thanos ripping visions head apart to get the infinity stone hawkeye will have retired and Thor will be king of Asgard.

The next lot of movies should be

Antman 2

The avengers reassembled

Spider man 2

Guardians of the Galaxy volume 3

Black panther 2

Doctor strange 2

Captain marvel 2 (featuring miss marvel)

She hulk

The fantastic four (they'll have the rights back by then I'm pretty sure)

Woohoow... hold on there tiger, we still need to start Phase 4!

Woohoow... hold on there tiger, we still need to start Phase 4!

Hell, we need to start Phase 3! :laugh: We just barely finished Phase 2

Swapsies, X-Men TV for Fantastic Four.

But keep the new MCU FF under wraps until Inhumans, hell, maybe make them Inhumans. It's an already established method for getting super powers in the MCU and it fits better than space magic (or whatever it was). Plus, Marvel would get its cosmic characters (like Galactus or the Skrulls) back for a future GotG film.

Besides Fox is doing fine with the X-Men films, they work better in their own Universe anyway, so let 'em have a few TV shows.

I like the sound of Fantastic 4 in Marvel's Phase 4. What I've been hearing about the Fox version of fant4stic, is it's an awful movie. I seriously hope marvel gets the rights back for Fantastic 4. Gallactus could be the big baddie for Phase 4

Hell, we need to start Phase 3! :laugh: We just barely finished Phase 2

Correction :blush: that's what i mean, We still need to start Phase 3

Edited by kevkipo

I couldn't disagree more, I love the gritty direction they take in movies now- It is more fitting for DC movies, and I feel Marvel isn't dark enough. You have a funny film like Guardians or Ant-man which makes sense, but then you have AoU with more stupid one liners than Transformers 2 and it makes the funny films a lot less unique. and I think in this case that might have been the only interesting aspect of this movie. To wake up with your body consumed in flames or realize you are a rock should be a lot more than just a "oh dear" moment it should be terrifying, and I think they were on the right track with that somewhat horror aspect to the movie.

I will say this movie was awful, but if anything it was a mix of strange CGI and being way too short. The new origin story caused too much of the 90 minutes it had to be eaten up. Also I didn't think The Thing's voice could be any lamer but I've been proven wrong.

Interestingly I was timing certain aspects of the movie and out of 1 hour and 30 minutes, Victor didn't actually show up as Doom until 1 hour and 12 minutes in, and the fight didn't begin until 1 hour and 18 minutes. Hell they four weren't even together until that point.

I couldn't disagree more, I love the gritty direction they take in movies now- It is more fitting for DC movies, and I feel Marvel isn't dark enough. You have a funny film like Guardians or Ant-man which makes sense, but then you have AoU with more stupid one liners than Transformers 2 and it makes the funny films a lot less unique. and I think in this case that might have been the only interesting aspect of this movie. To wake up with your body consumed in flames or realize you are a rock should be a lot more than just a "oh dear" moment it should be terrifying, and I think they were on the right track with that somewhat horror aspect to the movie.

I think it depends on the film. For example, as much as I do enjoy Man of Steel (there I said it :tongue:), I don't think it needed to be nearly as dark as it was. Especially when it seemed that the studios reasoning behind was to make it like TDK, just with Superman. If it were a character like Ant Man, I don't think it would have needed to be dark at all. However, some dark moments (like what you mentioned in Fantastic Four) I definitely agree make sense, but when you have jokester characters like Human Torch and Thing, as well as this huge family dynamic that's a central theme in the comics, it shouldn't be all about darkness and grit and "realism". These are, for lack of a better term, goofy and weird characters. Let them be weird! Not everyone has to be brooding like Batman.

Can't get enough of Comic Book Movies.com

Knock Knock... HERE'S FEIGE

marvel-fase-3-kevin-feige.jpg

I'll stop now :snicker: