______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

I liked it.

I felt it was a little rushed though, and personally think I prefer the first Avengers. The pacing was all over the place, and sometimes I had difficulty even figuring out what was going on in fight scenes. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver didn't get much development outside of hating Stark and the Avengers and avoiding civilian casualties. Black Widow and Hawkeye felt more involved with the story this time. It looks like the latter is done with the Avengers. Quicksilver's death was not overly surprising and felt rushed. Ultron was interesting but I thought it was kind of silly that that one joking, throwaway quote from Tony is what set him off. :laugh: I also found it really weird how the team was just content to let broken, mangled Ultron monologue right in front of them immediately after trying to kill them.

That said, I like Vision, I'm looking forward to how Scarlet Witch develops and how this new Avengers team is going to work out. I'm not super versed in how Phase 3 is going to play out, I know the next full Avenger movie(s) is supposed to be Civil War but is this secondary team getting their own movie, possibly with Ant-Man joining after his movie? That's my suspicion. I love how they left things open with Hulk and believe it might be a prelude to his own movie.

The scenes with Mjolnir were also hilarious. :grin:

Well I saw the film, but to be honest I don't think it was good.

And in regards to things not in the movie...Strucker? What was the point of that character, he is literally in the movie for two minutes (to tell Hydra to give up--seriously this is movie Hyrda, not weak-megablocks AoS hyrda); but going in I felt like he would have a much larger presence, so I was very surprised that he did nothing but walk and talk. I really only feel he was in the film to set up the season finale of AoS. And he wasn then killed off screen?! The introduction of Klaw also brought with it another issue--I largely got the feeling (like that awful Amazing Spider-Man film) that this film was just setting everything up, but giving nothing in return. It was all set up. Klaw was present only to allude to Black Panther. Infinity Stones and Glove to set up next Avengers. Hulk alone to set up Planet Hulk? Tony leaving to allow...2nd tier characters to set up second tier Avengers team?

Quicksilver wise, I also got the feeling of set up--well to not have him anymore. His death felt more of a cop-out than anything. By killing off Quicksilver now, there's no possibility of "why can't he just speed stop everything" problem. But regardless it was disappointing. And I will say unequivocally now, Days of Future Past Quicksilver is way better than the Avengers version...by miles.

Strucker told Hydra not to surrender but he then said to Dr. List that he himself planned on surrendering if necessary. I don't see the problem with Klaw either? Ultron could invade Wakanda to get it himself but I think that would be too much introduction in one movie. Ew, how can anyone think that crap from Days of Future Past is still better? He had ONE semi-decent speedster scene and that was it. He didn't resemble Quicksilver in appearance or personality wise. This one was much better but I wish they hadn't killed him. I would've liked to see his new costume at the end of the movie. And Tony quit because he just needed time off. It's not his team anymore so he doesn't really have a say in who gets a spot on the team. Scarlet Witch and Vision are more powerful than Hawkeye or Black Widow are, so I don't understand your problem with the new team.

Edited by Ultron

Strucker told Hydra not to surrender but he then said to Dr. List that he himself planned on surrendering if necessary. I don't see the problem with Klaw either? Ultron could invade Wakanda to get it himself but I think that would be too much introduction in one movie. Ew, how can anyone think that crap from Days of Future Past is still better? He had ONE semi-decent speedster scene and that was it. He didn't resemble Quicksilver in appearance or personality wise. This one was much better but I wish they hadn't killed him. I would've liked to see his new costume at the end of the movie. And Tony quit because he just needed time off. It's not his team anymore so he doesn't really have a say in who gets a spot on the team. Scarlet Witch and Vision are more powerful than Hawkeye or Black Widow are, so I don't understand your problem with the new team.

Again, weak Hydra. This is not even the same Hydra we've seen in Winter Soldier--this version was rolling over at the first sight of Captain America. It's not the same version that built three Helicarriers to destroy the world. Strucker was just a thrown in character, who could have been replaced with any unnamed henchman--it just seemed like a waste. AoU as a whole seemed to be a step backward from Winter Soldier--the costumes reverted back to the Avengers version (like Widow and Fury) for no reason, and likewise Hydra reverted back to it's inept form from the first Captain America. Klaw felt less of a blank slate, but he was obviously included (especially the arm removal scene) to set up Black Panther; I don't have a problem with this in general, but after so many set ups in this movie it felt like too much.

And I think that crap from DoFP was better--but that's just my opinion.

Quicksilver in DoFP was unexpected, exciting, and left you wanting more. Avengers Quicksilver was none of this. He had no innovative or interesting speed scenes (although perhaps that one time he punched Captain America), as everything was very much what one would expect from a generic speedster--speed lines and that's about it. A few slow-motion shots, but that was it, and nothing cool even happened in slow motion. Plus he was taken down or injured by bullets three times in the film. Personality wise, he was boring. I understand his comic character is stuck-up but he was dreadful even when repeating his same comedic line. I also think there was a difference in the lifestyle of the two, with the Avengers version leaving more to be desired. With the DoFP version, we saw Quicksilver flying through life--doing sixty different things a minute, unable to concentrate because life around him was just too slow. This was not the case with Avengers Quicksilver, and it was what I expected to see--instead he was standing around just as much as he was running, and the only time he ever seemed to not be statically boring was when he grabbed some candy from Klaw.

Avengers Quicksilver also lacked any important back story. We know why he and Wanda hate Tony Stark--because of the bomb thing--but we never find anything out about their powers, which is huge, and frankly the thing people care about. The character overall just had a lot of things missing--story, interest level, innovative speed moves (I mean, the CW's Flash has done way cooler speed achievements, and that's a TV show...also he doesn't get tired from running after three minutes). Granted DoFP Quicksilver was not 100% comic accurate, but he was not shoehorned into the entire movie, and he did elevate the film as a whole in the end. That cannot be said about Avengers Quicksilver, who leaves the audience with a death that no one was really invested in, and no knowledge of how he could run fast in the first place.

Again, weak Hydra. This is not even the same Hydra we've seen in Winter Soldier--this version was rolling over at the first sight of Captain America. It's not the same version that built three Helicarriers to destroy the world. Strucker was just a thrown in character, who could have been replaced with any unnamed henchman--it just seemed like a waste. AoU as a whole seemed to be a step backward from Winter Soldier--the costumes reverted back to the Avengers version (like Widow and Fury) for no reason, and likewise Hydra reverted back to it's inept form from the first Captain America. Klaw felt less of a blank slate, but he was obviously included (especially the arm removal scene) to set up Black Panther; I don't have a problem with this in general, but after so many set ups in this movie it felt like too much.

And I think that crap from DoFP was better--but that's just my opinion.

Quicksilver in DoFP was unexpected, exciting, and left you wanting more. Avengers Quicksilver was none of this. He had no innovative or interesting speed scenes (although perhaps that one time he punched Captain America), as everything was very much what one would expect from a generic speedster--speed lines and that's about it. A few slow-motion shots, but that was it, and nothing cool even happened in slow motion. Plus he was taken down or injured by bullets three times in the film. Personality wise, he was boring. I understand his comic character is stuck-up but he was dreadful even when repeating his same comedic line. I also think there was a difference in the lifestyle of the two, with the Avengers version leaving more to be desired. With the DoFP version, we saw Quicksilver flying through life--doing sixty different things a minute, unable to concentrate because life around him was just too slow. This was not the case with Avengers Quicksilver, and it was what I expected to see--instead he was standing around just as much as he was running, and the only time he ever seemed to not be statically boring was when he grabbed some candy from Klaw.

Avengers Quicksilver also lacked any important back story. We know why he and Wanda hate Tony Stark--because of the bomb thing--but we never find anything out about their powers, which is huge, and frankly the thing people care about. The character overall just had a lot of things missing--story, interest level, innovative speed moves (I mean, the CW's Flash has done way cooler speed achievements, and that's a TV show...also he doesn't get tired from running after three minutes). Granted DoFP Quicksilver was not 100% comic accurate, but he was not shoehorned into the entire movie, and he did elevate the film as a whole in the end. That cannot be said about Avengers Quicksilver, who leaves the audience with a death that no one was really invested in, and no knowledge of how he could run fast in the first place.

I completely agree with you about Quicksilver. Honestly for a Speedster, he really didn't feel fast in the movie compared to DoFP Quicksilver or even the Flash in his TV series.

I completely agree with you about Quicksilver. Honestly for a Speedster, he really didn't feel fast in the movie compared to DoFP Quicksilver or even the Flash in his TV series.

Yeah...I figured as Ultron was shooting at Hawkeye and the kid that he'd just grab the bullets out of the way. :laugh:

Wonder what happened to the bald chick in the cave? I don't recall seeing her during Thor's little outing.

Edited by Legocrazy81

I wonder what happened to the bald chick in the cave from the trailer...I don't recall seeing her during Thor's little outing.

Apparently that scene was cut. It will probably be included in the extended edition on Blu-Ray.

Also,

I read somewhere that a great post-credits scene could have been Tony, Steve, and Thor putting Mjolnir on an elevator and seeing if it would go up. Something like this would have been the PERFECT post-credits scene. I don't see why they had to not have one, there's so many fun gags they could have put in!

Edited by EZNetwork

Again, weak Hydra. This is not even the same Hydra we've seen in Winter Soldier--this version was rolling over at the first sight of Captain America. It's not the same version that built three Helicarriers to destroy the world. Strucker was just a thrown in character, who could have been replaced with any unnamed henchman--it just seemed like a waste. AoU as a whole seemed to be a step backward from Winter Soldier--the costumes reverted back to the Avengers version (like Widow and Fury) for no reason, and likewise Hydra reverted back to it's inept form from the first Captain America.

I feel like you're misinterpreting Strucker's surrender. He wasn't surrendering because he was scared, he was surrendering so the Avengers would be focused on taking him and not investigating the base and then finding his Chitauri tech. In addition he'd draw them in close so the Twins could finish them off, but that went south when they ignored his orders and left to fight them outside. I also think you're overestimating Hydra. Sure, they planned big, but they were no more effective in Winter Soldier than they were here. Cap and co. still tore through their lines without a lot of effort. Hydra had a lot more resources in Winter Soldier, and the helicarriers had been in development for a long time, not just by Hydra but by all of SHIELD. Here, in contrast, they were able to build a small army of drones and Chitauri weaponry all by themselves, but were stopped in a surprise attack before they could use it.

Also, I'm not sure where you're getting your complaints about 'reverting back to the Avengers outfits'? Black Widow had a completely new outfit, as did all the other Avengers. Sure Fury still had his trench coat, but he's always worn the trench coat.

As for the Quicksilver complaints, did you all really want him as fast as the DofP variant? I sure didn't. DofP QS was fun, but completely overpowered. He's absolutely untouchable. I definitely felt this Quicksilver was a lot more grounded and thus felt more realistic as a character.

I liked this quicksilver - he was more true to the character in terms of costume and personality. Also I like how they put in his Eastern European origin too.

Also, someone said how SW wouldn't be able to revive QS - SW has reality warping powers - she can easily alter the entire universe. She would have the power to revive QS, but it would likely have several implications across the universe because she can't normally control her powers on that scale.

I'm just gonna give my review and opinions of the movie, so… Spoilers

Pros:

The action was amazing

The intro was better than the first

Ultron's comedy

Klaw and Wakanda references

Vision picking up Thor's hammer showing that he is pure and worthy

The Grand Central Station statue replaced

Nick Fury with the Helicarrier

The Avengers Academy and New Avengers are cool, setting up for Infinity War part one rumored for a new team to appear before the "old" Avengers and New avengers team up to beat Thanos

Cons:

A little too fast paced and choppy at times so things got a bit unclear and jumbled

Avengers Tower doesn't look like it should belong in the NYC skyline, more like in a disco in the 70s. (Safe to say that I likedthe first tower more)

Hawkeye's family seemed a bit unnecessary. (But that is a bit biased because I hate when directors put heroes out of cities and into a farm life. Its when you know someone has run out of ideas. I would have rather had them go to another country or find a different S.H.I.E.L.D. safe house

No ties to Agents of SHIELD and Coulson

Baron Strucker was killed quickly. (Why did he get a figure? Klaw played a more prominent part)

OVERALL: 8.5 out of 10 (Maybe 9 out of 10)

Edited by Legocity2713

Also, someone said how SW wouldn't be able to revive QS - SW has reality warping powers - she can easily alter the entire universe. She would have the power to revive QS, but it would likely have several implications across the universe because she can't normally control her powers on that scale.

Not in the MCU she doesn't.

Not in the MCU she doesn't.

We don't know that for sure.Her powers might grow in the future.

We don't know that for sure.Her powers might grow in the future.

True, but they did come out and say pretty specifically what she has.

She described herself as the drug dealer of the Avengers in Graham Norton :laugh:

Edited by Ceroknight

So Martin Freeman (The Star of the Hobbit and BBC'S Sherlock) has joined the cast of Captain America Civil War. The press release did not specify wgat character he would be portraying. Personally I hope both he and Benedict Cumberbatch, AKA The Sorcerer Supreme, have a scene together in Dr. Strange and or Infinity War as they've appeared in Sherlock and The Hobbit together.

That would be a funny moment.

Full cast for Civil War revealed! http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=44240

Now we have:

Captain America

Iron Man

Black Widow

Hawkeye

Scarlet Witch

Vision

Ant-Man

Falcon

War Machine

Black Panther

and Spider-Man (casting not revealed)

I'm really interested to see General Ross after so many years. Could we be seeing Red Hulk sometime soon?

Nowhere does it say the Spider-Man is in the film. :sceptic: As much as I'd like to see him in there, I'm going to wait until anything official comes out. I feel like adding him now is really just getting him in there to be there, which is a waste. :sadnew:

Otherwise, I'm excited for this movie! :thumbup: I like the inclusion of Ant-Man (though he makes the film border on too many characters for a standalone film), and I love that we'll be seeing Ross again. :wub: I want some scenes between him and Mark Ruffalo, but I'll take what I can get. :grin:

Edited by K-Nut

Needs more Wasp. Spiderman won't likely be confirmed until they officially cast him

Not mcu related but Hugh Jackman has confirmed he is leaving the x men franchise after wolverine 3 in 2017.

Here's a thought if marvel can add quicksilver and scarlet witch to the mcu by calling them in humans and giving them a new origin maybe they have struck a deal with hugh for him to join the mcu and leave fox. I think that would be the best thing ever but I extremely doubt it would happen

Not mcu related but Hugh Jackman has confirmed he is leaving the x men franchise after wolverine 3 in 2017.

Here's a thought if marvel can add quicksilver and scarlet witch to the mcu by calling them in humans and giving them a new origin maybe they have struck a deal with hugh for him to join the mcu and leave fox. I think that would be the best thing ever but I extremely doubt it would happen

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were never called inhumans.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were never called inhumans.

Crap your right oh well you know what I mean

Edited by Chookdude