______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

So excited :wub: :wub: I get goosebumps just thinking about how awesome this movie will be! I also love that SW & QS keep the names Wanda and Pietro and it's not like "Peter" and "that non-existent other twin" from DoFP... :hmpf_bad: Although it's weird they didn't mention War Machine. He's not gonna die is he? :look: I also still want Pepper to become Jocasta but that's probably too many sentient robots in one movie :grin: Still would be awesome though!

Edited by Ultron

It looks like Marvel's official Plot Synopsis...(snip)

Frankly, this sounds less like an official press release from Marvel and more like somebody trying to pass something off as an official press release; the organization and style seems more Wikipedia-ish and fan-written than we're used to.

That being said, I don't think the info contained is wrong, I just don't believe the post itself to be authentic. Just my two bits (and I admit that maybe I'm the one that's wrong here).

Although it's weird they didn't mention War Machine. He's not gonna die is he? :look:

I'm not sure Rhodey will actually become an Avenger in the film. He could be something like the liaison to the government, but not actually become an Avenger at all or at least until the very end of the film. Again, it's just a theory, though.

Guys. I think we overlooked this statement in the official synopsis.. " When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program" Does this mean he's building off of someone elses work?? Pym maybe!?! I would be so happy if they linked it to him! :cry_happy:

I'm not sure Rhodey will actually become an Avenger in the film. He could be something like the liaison to the government, but not actually become an Avenger at all or at least until the very end of the film. Again, it's just a theory, though.

I hope War Machine does some fighting. Maybe he fills in for iron man when Ultron first goes awry? Tony doesn't have any suits that we know of, only Rodey does.

Guys. I think we overlooked this statement in the official synopsis.. " When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program" Does this mean he's building off of someone elses work?? Pym maybe!?! I would be so happy if they linked it to him! :cry_happy:

I noticed that. I thought it had been mentioned here but I guess not.

I've heard that noted from a few people. It's definitely an interesting detail, and could definitely solve that mystery, while introducing Pym and at the same time keeping it relevant to the movie.

As for Rhodey, I really doubt he'll suit up in the movie, and definitely not as a main character.

Not really surprised. Now if Phoenix had been confirmed... :grin:

I don't think it was ever mentioned here, but John Slattery has been confirmed to be in Ant-Man, which could support these rumors of the Ant-Man/Ultron correlation.

Yeah, Reynolds is coming back. Just some bad wording on my part. :blush: Deadpool is really the only character I've ever seen Reynolds as being able to pull off in a comic-book movie, so it's great that we're finally getting a real Deadpool on screen. :thumbup:

I'm not sure Deadpool can really carry his own movie? He suffers a bit from the Jack Sparrow problem. On screen he would be interesting as the quirky other guy in the room, but as the main protagonist that needs to carry a story and have a character arc? God help me for saying this but a Cable and Deadpool movie would probably work better? (And that is hard for me to say. I view Cable as the absolute single concentrated embodiment of everything that went wrong in the 90's. )

No, I agree. I'm still not convinced Deadpool works on a movie format - I fear it'll be the sort of thing people want so much, they won't realize how bad it could be. This isn't criticism on Ryan Reynolds or anything, I think he was a great Wade Wilson, I just think Deadpool as a character doesn't really work in a movie. He's funny, he breaks the fourth wall, he has no censor. That's great in concept, but it's very easy to come off as purely ridiculous in the movie format. I could very well be wrong, and I look forward to being wrong, but I feel this has a high potential for failure.

I'm not sure Deadpool can really carry his own movie? He suffers a bit from the Jack Sparrow problem. On screen he would be interesting as the quirky other guy in the room, but as the main protagonist that needs to carry a story and have a character arc? God help me for saying this but a Cable and Deadpool movie would probably work better? (And that is hard for me to say. I view Cable as the absolute single concentrated embodiment of everything that went wrong in the 90's. )

Wow! Why?

Cable is a character made to be cool and barely has any actual character himself.

Cyborg, big guns, kind of anti-hero. Another "tries too hard" from the 90s. I read a lot of stuff with him in it and honestly I can barely define his bland character.

Going back a few posts, where we were talking about how Whedon plans to up the stakes for AoU, I just read this editorial about another event that could affect that, rather than a character's death. It's all speculation, but we're no strangers to that here...and it's pretty well written, too.

While I'm not positive things will go that way (i.e. that Stark was key in creating the Hulk--although I'm sure Tony will have to hang up some of his dirty laundry in this movie), I can see Tony in a coma halfway through it. It would raise the stakes without killing him off, but still lead on to far-reaching concsequences for the MCU at large.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Not a bad theory. What I was thinking:

Something simpler, but Banner finds out about the Hulk Buster suit. Maybe Stark has also been developing other ways to kill or turn banner back into normal. Ultron tells Banner about this. He realizes that he can't trust anyone no matter how good he tries to be. Maybe even the iron legion was programmed with a secret initiative to kill Hulk if necessary? That might be interesting. Ultron does have the capability to do so....either way I see Hulk dying as a HUGE possibility at the end of this movie. Jettison into space just isn't going to happen although many of us would surely like it to.

Not a bad theory. What I was thinking:

Something simpler, but Banner finds out about the Hulk Buster suit. Maybe Stark has also been developing other ways to kill or turn banner back into normal. Ultron tells Banner about this. He realizes that he can't trust anyone no matter how good he tries to be. Maybe even the iron legion was programmed with a secret initiative to kill Hulk if necessary? That might be interesting. Ultron does have the capability to do so....either way I see Hulk dying as a HUGE possibility at the end of this movie. Jettison into space just isn't going to happen although many of us would surely like it to.

Yeah, your idea is more along the lines of where I thought it would go...

...as far as the origin of the conflict between them would go. One of the suits that wasn't involved in "house party"--maybe it was kept in NY at the Tower--is discovered, perhaps as part of BW dumping all of SHIELD/HYDRA's secrets. He confronts Tony as Banner, but it escalates to a Hulk-sized battle. I believe that Tony will still be incapacitated from the fight, leaving it up to the lesser-powered Avengers (Hawkeye is supposed to have a crucial role) to defeat Ultron. My bet is that Hulk heads off on his own (again), rather than being killed off.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Nah, definitely not an infinity stone. But it had the weird symbols Garrett and Coulson were drawing on it *oh2* Also, I'm pissed Isabelle Hartley is dead. You don't introduce Lucy Lawless just to kill her off!!!!! :damn: Bring her back like you did with Coulson!