______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

so that means Avengers: Age of Ultron will take place in 2015 :)

Hopefully. Guardians and AoU aren't going to be that connected I'm guessing so it could be very possible that it takes place in 2014 around the same time too. :wink:

Vin Diesel posted on FB "I get the strange feeling that Marvel thinks I'm Inhuman...Haha" and then a picture of Groot. Is this a subtle hint that there will be an Inhumans film and he'll be in it?

He might be teasing a few things. Marvel has been kicking around an Inhumans film for ages. If they make one it would make perfect sense for it to bridge with GotG. The whole modern era War of Kings is basically an Inhumans GotG story. Heck they may actually give Groot the backstory of being an Inhuman. That would make some sense.

As far as Vin Diesel not realizing he was trolling fans. Doubtful. In spite of his buffed up appearance and action hero career Vin is actually one of us. Old school nerdling raised on comics and D&D. (He still famously runs D&D campaigns on his movie sets with other members of the production.)

I believe that Iron Man takes place somewhere in the 2009/2010 area since it's supposed to be a few months before Iron Man 2. Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor, and the discovery of Captain America in the arctic all happen in the same week in 2010 I think. Then Avengers is a year later (Spring 2011), followed by Iron Man 3 at Christmas, Thor TDW a year after that (Fall 2012), then Captain America: TWS in Spring of 2013. :thumbup:

I hope that's not too confusing. :grin:

Does anyone have a timeline for the mcu? I have no idea what year any of them are set in :S

Captain America the First Avenger is set in 1943-44. Beyond that it is pretty much left to your impression. It helps them age better and feel less dated. My take is there is probably almost 2 years from the beginning of IM1 to the end of Avengers. With a good chunk of that being Tony Stark in a cave. I get the feeling that most of the heroes started popping up within a year or so. What time cues there are are subtle at best. How long does it take Stark to build a building? How long would it take Shield to convert the Destroyer from the end of Thor, Into a gun, used by Coulson in Avengers and later AoS? The Phase 2 films seem to start 6 months to a year after Avengers.

Edited by Faefrost

Inhumans movie has been announced officially! Joe Robert Cole has been hired as the screenwriter.

My guess is Vin Diesel as Black Bolt! What a perfect way for Marvel to get the most out of Vin! Speaking only part with Groot, and everything but speaking for Black Bolt :classic:

My guess is Vin Diesel as Black Bolt! What a perfect way for Marvel to get the most out of Vin! Speaking only part with Groot, and everything but speaking for Black Bolt :classic:

Or Lockjaw :laugh:

Inhumans movie has been announced officially! Joe Robert Cole has been hired as the screenwriter.

Until it's announced on Marvel.com, it isn't official.

Until it's announced on Marvel.com, it isn't official.

Well they have hired a screenwriter (at least that's what a lot of news sources are saying..) so even if they haven't "officially" announced it yet, it seems they're starting to plan it. They mentioned a few years ago that they want to do an inhumans movie so it's definitely coming.

Edited by Ultron

James Gunn also revealed a few things about GotG2. (Is it a spoiler if the director openly says it in a published interview years before the movie is even started?)

The big thing is that Starlords father / origin is NOT the same as the classic comic one. No J'son of Spartax. No Spartoi. Which makes sense as that part of Starlord was always kind of badly shoehorned into the Marvel Universe from the old Black and White Magazines. It was originally created as sort of a Lensmen/Perry Rhodan clone (heck the very first StarLord story openly admits that.) The Spartoi kind of came along when Starling pulled Starlord into the comic universe.

If you think about it this sort of follows with the changes made to Rockets origin (note the apparent absence of any other talking cartoon animal people, created to act as caregivers in the universes largest asylum. Alongside a race of demented robot clowns. I don't think Marvel will be introducing "Rocket vs the Killer Clowns from Outer Space" anytime soon? Nor his girlfriend the sexy Otter Girl.) And those to Drax's origin (in comics Drax was once human. He and his family was killed by Thanos. He was resurrected as the unstoppable Destroyer by Thano's father for the express purpose of hunting down and ending Thanos. And you think your family has issues? Oh and his daughter survived. She is a bitchy bald telepathic lesbian with unbelievable superiority issues who is in love with Thanos's sisters test tube created daughter, who was created using the DNA of her mother and her dead cosmically powered Kree father. Marvel! A place for families!)

Also apparently Thanos while possibly making an appearance will not be the main villain for GotG 2.

Spoilers just in case (though I doubt they're necessary...)

I'm disappointed about the Star Lord thing, though it will be interesting for the sequel. I love the whole Spartax part of the current run, and would definitely love to see the Guardians on the run from J'son and the Spartax Empire.

The Thanos thing I kinda expected, though I expect him to be around for a few of the Phase 3 films (If the go the Ragnarok direction with Thor 3 I can definitely see Thanos maybe playing a part). This is another reason I'm a bit disappointed about the Spartax thing, seeing as J'son would make a good antagonist for the sequel (though I wouldn't be heart broken if they included Korvac instead. :grin_wub:)

Not sure those really need spoiler tags since all we learned was who Quills father is not going to be. :grin: But his mother hints at it during the movie. "Angel made of starlight" or something. Does that sound like any certain character to anyone? I'm not really familiar with cosmic Marvel.

Also, are there more "children" of Thanos other than Gamora and Nebula? They seem to sort of hint at that in the movie and interviews.

Not sure those really need spoiler tags since all we learned was who Quills father is not going to be. :grin: But his mother hints at it during the movie. "Angel made of starlight" or something. Does that sound like any certain character to anyone? I'm not really familiar with cosmic Marvel.

Also, are there more "children" of Thanos other than Gamora and Nebula? They seem to sort of hint at that in the movie and interviews.

He has a son, Thane.

I saw some speculation that it could be some ancient cosmic being or something. I don't remember what James Gunn said about it himself, though.

He has a son, Thane.

Interesting, wonder if he'll appear with the inhumans

I saw some speculation that it could be some ancient cosmic being or something. I don't remember what James Gunn said about it himself, though.

It'll probably be someone obscure that we won't expect

There could be a few possible characters. Although a lot of the more sparkly cosmic types might be viewed as intertwined with the Silver Surfer. The first somewhat likely candidates that come to mind are Quasar or Mar'vel or maybe one of the Titans (god I hope they don't use Starfox.)

Oooo! A few more major spoilers This time regarding Ant-Man. Some players that we have seen before. If what I am hearing is true Tanma may be presently surprised at it all, Apparently the Ant Man movie may spend a bit more time in the past including

Agent Pegyy Carter, Howard Stark, Arnim Zola, Mike Douglas Aunt Man and Young Director Pierce. So we may get some time with the original Wasp as well.

This sounds like good stuff.

Oh and some major DC Spoilers. Do not read if you want to avoid a major piece of the Batman Vs Superman movie.

Batman is breaking into Lexcorp to steal some Kryptonite, just in case, when he discovers Lexcorp in possesion of and experimenting on General Zod's corpse. To create the ultimate weapon against Superman. Doomsday! And that is the threat the league will form around.

Edited by Faefrost

Oooo! A few more major spoilers This time regarding Ant-Man. Some players that we have seen before. If what I am hearing is true Tanma may be presently surprised at it all, Apparently the Ant Man movie may spend a bit more time in the past including

Agent Pegyy Carter, Howard Stark, Arnim Zola, Mike Douglas Aunt Man and Young Director Pierce. So we may get some time with the original Wasp as well.

This sounds like good stuff.

Oh and some major DC Spoilers. Do not read if you want to avoid a major piece of the Batman Vs Superman movie.

Batman is breaking into Lexcorp to steal some Kryptonite, just in case, when he discovers Lexcorp in possesion of and experimenting on General Zod's corpse. To create the ultimate weapon against Superman. Doomsday! And that is the threat the league will form around.

Sounds good, but where did you hear this? I wouldn't mind reading the original articles if you have a link (or even just the name of the site).

The Ant Man stuff sounds neat, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it did happen. I love Zola and Pierce, so I'd definitely love seeing more of them and how they became how they were. :thumbup:

I'd love to see them all in the movie. Tying Pym to SHIELD would be really awesome and I hope to see him and Jan working for SHIELD or something back in the day

Sounds good, but where did you hear this? I wouldn't mind reading the original articles if you have a link (or even just the name of the site).

Mostly just Aintitcoolnews.com

Mockingbird cast on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Here's hoping we can get some more Hawkeye then. :excited: Probably just wishful thinking.

I don't think they plan on bringing Hawkeye and Mockingbird together in the MCU. If they were they probably would have gone a different route than Adrienne Palicki. I'm not saying Ms. Palicki is a bad actress per se. Heck all I know her from are the leaked clips of that horrible Wonder Woman show that the network execs ordered burned when they saw the pilot. But the safe bet would be putting her up against Jeremy Renner and Robert Downey Jr. And such would come off looking January Jones in X-Men First Class.