______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Also (and I don't think this needs to be spoiler tagged), Rhodey didn't really like the IP scheme, so I feel like it'd be him with the War Machine armor in his next appearances and not the IP armor. Or perhaps Stark will make him a new upgraded WM armor.

I know Stark in the movie didn't like it, but in all the press releases all the guys at Marvel really liked it. The whole reason they pushed it into the film was because they thought it was so cool, so with that I don't know what will happen. I can honestly see it going either way (if it happens at all).

Edited by Spider-Man

I know Stark in the movie didn't like it, but in all the press releases all the guys at Marvel really liked it. The whole reason they pushed it into the film was because they thought it was so cool, so with that I don't know what will happen. I can honestly see it going either way (if it happens at all).

What are you responding to? It sounds like your arguing half in-film and half real world studio-making-the-movie. In the narrative of the film both Stark and Rhodey don't particularly like the armor; that was part of the plot. That's why I think Rhodey would have the regular War Machine armor next time around.

What are you responding to? It sounds like your arguing half in-film and half real world studio-making-the-movie. In the narrative of the film both Stark and Rhodey don't particularly like the armor; that was part of the plot. That's why I think Rhodey would have the regular War Machine armor next time around.

I was more making the point that the guys at Marvel loved the suit which is why it made its way into the movie, and why I could see it sticking around for future movies. Sorry, I can see that wasn't very clear.

The fact the suit was railed on so hard in the film was kind of surprising after hearing the producers talk about it. From my recollection Rhodey actually like the IP suit though?

Kevin Feige has stated that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are "gray-zone" characters. Fox can essentially use the whole mutant history of them with Magneto being their father, as long as they leave out any Avengers involvement. The opposite applies for MARVEL Studios: they can use them as long as they leave out their mutant origins.

Whatever the case turns out to be, as Feige has stated, the script may change drastically over the next 6 months (before start of production). First draft scripts are rarely ever used. Infact, I believe Joss stated that the original draft for The Avengers included Wasp and a secondary villain. Who knows? All I can say is: IN WHEADON I TRUST!!!

Edited by CBMM1

Saw Ironman yesterday finally.

Um... How do I spoiler tag again? Thought it was

....[spoiler/] :sceptic:

Edited by Legocrazy81

I was more making the point that the guys at Marvel loved the suit which is why it made its way into the movie, and why I could see it sticking around for future movies. Sorry, I can see that wasn't very clear.

The fact the suit was railed on so hard in the film was kind of surprising after hearing the producers talk about it. From my recollection Rhodey actually like the IP suit though?

I think Rhodey's throughts about the suit might have come out in his current password.

WARMACHINEROX

I don't know if I would say that directly correlates to his feelings on the IP armor, but who knows :laugh: In the end it will come down to what Marvel wants to do, and I personally feel that there is not enough information to say either suit is the more likely one to show up at this point. War Machine has in been in one movie, and Iron Patriot has been in one. I just don't know why Marvel would go through the effort of making this new suit, and making it a somewhat big deal, only to scale back down to what they initially "upgraded".

Agreed, I'm guessing they are sticking with Iron Patriot as well. Hopefully in Avengers 2, if he shows up, Rhodey can actually use his armor without it getting hijacked or just being barely used. The world of MCU had only seven, now six superheroes as of Iron-Man 3, (unless Spider-Man is in a shared universe, in which case they had eight and now seven) with that scope they need everyone at their best.

Agreed, I'm guessing they are sticking with Iron Patriot as well. Hopefully in Avengers 2, if he shows up, Rhodey can actually use his armor without it getting hijacked or just being barely used.

Yeah I would definitely like to see the Patriot in some more action scenes! Hopefully when the DVD is released there are some extra scenes of Rhodey over in the Middle East looking for the Mandarin!

My guess is a new suit altogether if Rhodey even returns at all...

Don Cheadle is already contracted for a few more movies, so at the very least I expect to see him one or two more (he is rumored to have some sort of small role in Cap 2). I know in the comics Tony hangs up the suits for a while and Rhodey takes over as Iron Man so if RDJ is really done I could see that getting some attention. Of course I don't think RDJ is done just yet, $$$ speaks volumes :wink:

Edit: Darn grammar gets in the way sometimes...

Edited by Spider-Man

I think they'll switch back to War Machine in future movies of this universe. The Iron Patriot has some bad PR for being responsible in the kidnapping of the president and the destruction of Air Force One.

Edited by Darth Lurtz

Put the '/' at the front of the last spoiler tag. Then you've got it.

Gah, so close. :sadnew: Let's try this again,

I really hated how they portrayed the Mandarin. Now, my knowledge of him stems from the cartoon of the 90's, so it's quite limited. To make him a buffoon instead of a power wielding villain is just lame. The battle with all the suits was awesome! Except when the battle was over. :sad:

I have mixed feelings about that twist. The only Mandarian I was exposed to was Gene Kahn in Armored Adventures, who I gather was fairly different than the Mandarin as well. Personally I understand where many fans are coming from, as the Mandarian was like the first Iron-Man villain and the reason he made the suit in the first place, and I was kind of disappointed as well on a sort of historical level. But at the same time I feel like Killian worked better as the main villain, and was perhaps more complex. So I am not sure. Maybe it our have worked better if the Mandarian was real, but being conned?

And yeah, I did not like the ending o that last battle. A part of me hopes that Gemini somehow survived. Another part of me wonders why Stark would feel safer in suits packed with explosives.

And yeah, I did not like the ending o that last battle. A part of me hopes that Gemini somehow survived. Another part of me wonders why Stark would feel safer in suits packed with explosives.

The same reason he felt safe with a chest full of shrapnel for three movies when he could've removed them? :tongue:

I was personally sitting there cringing as those suit exploded like fireworks at the end :cry_sad: I understand the reason he did it, but it seemed like a really drastic way to get his point across to Pepper. If my gf needed me destroy my life's work, and what I do to distract myself from daily life, in order to prove to her I was going to change I would have to second guess if she was the right person for me...

Edited by Spider-Man

I was personally sitting there cringing as those suit exploded like fireworks at the end :cry_sad: I understand the reason he did it, but it seemed like a really drastic way to get his point across to Pepper. If my gf needed me destroy my life's work, and what I do to distract myself from daily life, in order to prove to her I was going to change I would have to second guess if she was the right person for me...

Agreed, and its not like all of them were designed for war, some of them were built just to rescue people or explore. They could have been used without being a crutch. And I wanted Iron-Man as Gemini to encounter the Guardians of the Galaxy, or to bring the fight to Thanos in Avengers 2. Was that so wrong?

Also (and I don't think this needs to be spoiler tagged), Rhodey didn't really like the IP scheme, so I feel like it'd be him with the War Machine armor in his next appearances and not the IP armor. Or perhaps Stark will make him a new upgraded WM armor.

Yeah, you're probably right, especially since they always have a new gimmick armor upgrade in each movie.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind if War Machine returns and takes Iron Man's place in Avengers 2 (although Iron Man would be preferable of course).

I have mixed feelings about that twist. The only Mandarin I was exposed to was Gene Kahn in Armored Adventures, who I gather was fairly different than the Mandarin as well. Personally I understand where many fans are coming from, as the Mandarin was like the first Iron-Man villain and the reason he made the suit in the first place, and I was kind of disappointed as well on a sort of historical level. But at the same time I feel like Killian worked better as the main villain, and was perhaps more complex. So I am not sure. Maybe it our have worked better if the Mandarian was real, but being conned?

Well, as I said earlier, it's probably better that they intentionally ruined the Mandarin rather than risking to ruin him unintentionally, which is what the movie makers might have thought as well. There are some people who say that the Mandarin from the comics is a very racist and stereotypical character, so portraying him like that in the movie may not have been the best idea. Perhaps they could have changed him a little to suit modern sensibilities more like they did with Gene Kahn in IM:AA, but that might have pissed off the comic fans, so there was no way to please everyone. At least this way everyone got a bit of a laugh out of him. And expecting him to become Tony's arch nemesis in the movies was unrealistic anyway because, in case you haven't noticed, every villain in the MCU except for Loki dies at the end of the movie. That said, I would have preferred it if Mandarin was really the main villain of the movie and closer to how he is in the comics, but oh well.

And I don't think the suits were packed with explosives. I'm pretty sure he just set their arc reactors to overload or something.

Hehe, good point. I don't think a relationship would be worth it either if it required you to blow up all your Lego. :grin:

He probably has blueprints for all of them. It's not like they're gone forever.

Hehe, good point. I don't think a relationship would be worth it either if it required you to blow up all your Lego. :grin:

You have to realize that he supposedly made all of those suits in about six months (in the interval between Avengers and IM3). So yeah, sort of a lot of work, but at the same time, he could easily rebuild them. In fact, Jarvis probably has all of them programmed, so Tony could literally a hit a button (after amassing the materials super-easily), and whichever one he wants is back. (In Iron Man 1 or 2 he has Jarvis build a suit; it's not like he does these by hand, pouring sweat into them.)

That's just part of why his whole 'relationship with Pepper' was done so poorly in the film. Yeah, he blew them all up as a spectacle, but we know how easily he could build anew whatever he wants.

I was personally sitting there cringing as those suit exploded like fireworks at the end :cry_sad: I understand the reason he did it, but it seemed like a really drastic way to get his point across to Pepper.

Have you heard of spoiler tags? :facepalm: I already saw it last Friday but some people haven't......

Have you heard of spoiler tags? :facepalm: I already saw it last Friday but some people haven't......

I'm sorry if it bothered you, I thought this thread was pretty much people's open discussion of the film? If someone hasn't seen the movie I don't think they would go digging through this thread but I will go back and try to cover everything up for you and others.

Edit: Went back and tried to cover up most of anything I posted containing spoilers, however I am far from the only one so maybe private message the others that you would like to do the same? Sorry my posts bothered you, it should be all good now :thumbup:

Edited by Spider-Man

I'm starting to think that Avengers 2 will start to introduce other Avenger teams. I would love for Rhodey to join a west cost Avengers or new Avengers team, maybe move Widow and Hawkeye to a new team aswell. Chuck in Daredevil, Doctor Strange and possibly Spidey, and we have a cool seperate Avengers team.

One thing I've been wondering lately, although not Marvel related. Why hasn't DC jumped on this? I mean, between now and '15, Marvel has what?...6 movies coming out? DC has 1(confirmed), which is Man of Steel. I know there's JLA in the works, but still, there's so few DC movies in relation to Marvel. I wonder why that is.