______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

A small amount of information on the Phase 2 movies - mostly focussing on Iron Man 3, but also touching on the Thor and Captain America movies... and showing some of the Ant-Man test footage. So that's a thing now.

Unless they kill of an Avenger or send them off like War Machine in Avengers Assemble, Avengers 2 is going to be crowded.

The Oscorp logo Sony owns is being used in the official Iron Man 3 game. It might just be on a billboard, but it is still in there.

SONY owns nothing. They have a finite license for they movies and some direct derivatives of those movies. Marvel however may also use those derivatives in their non movie materials. Ever since they scrambled to create characters like She Hulk, Ms Marvel and Spider Woman in the 70's in order to prevent the TV producers from getting a character foothold in their universe, they have been very very careful in how they license things. So while Marvel cannot make a Spider-Man movie or use a select pool of characters in movies while SONY has the Spider-Man movie license, Marvel has an absolute right to and ownership of anything SONY creates in those movies that is new or unique to said franchise. If SONY creates a new character for the movies, that character reverts to Marvel and they may use it at will in comics, and other non movie formats. So Marvel themselves may incorporate the SONY Oscorp graphics and signage into other media.

SONY owns nothing. They have a finite license for they movies and some direct derivatives of those movies. Marvel however may also use those derivatives in their non movie materials. Ever since they scrambled to create characters like She Hulk, Ms Marvel and Spider Woman in the 70's in order to prevent the TV producers from getting a character foothold in their universe, they have been very very careful in how they license things. So while Marvel cannot make a Spider-Man movie or use a select pool of characters in movies while SONY has the Spider-Man movie license, Marvel has an absolute right to and ownership of anything SONY creates in those movies that is new or unique to said franchise. If SONY creates a new character for the movies, that character reverts to Marvel and they may use it at will in comics, and other non movie formats. So Marvel themselves may incorporate the SONY Oscorp graphics and signage into other media.

Oh, okay, just ignore the 'ownership' bit in the above then. I was under the influence that this emblem was copyrighted by SONY Pictures and could not be used "at will" in a Marvel-produced Disney product, though the comics are a much different matter obviously. I'm not fully aware of the specifications of the licenses, so feel free to enlighten me further-- I was going by previous statements involving the Oscorp Tower and the logo itself supposedly being in the MCU.

Anyway, it is still interesting that they chose to throw this logo in there even if they can use it freely. I'm wondering if it will actually play a role or if they needed an extra texture or two.

I would say that the inclusion of the logo is bit of an "easter egg" hinting at the fact that Spider-Man could make a cameo is an upcoming Marvel movie. What ever it is it certainly can't hurt the chances of seeing Spidey in the MCU.

Slightly off topic: If Andrew Garfield's Amazing Spidey does in fact make an appearance in, lets just say, Avengers 2, does that give LEGO the right to produce a figure based off the ASM Spidey considering Mega Bloks only has the right to the ASM movies?

I would say that the inclusion of the logo is bit of an "easter egg" hinting at the fact that Spider-Man could make a cameo is an upcoming Marvel movie. What ever it is it certainly can't hurt the chances of seeing Spidey in the MCU.

Slightly off topic: If Andrew Garfield's Amazing Spidey does in fact make an appearance in, lets just say, Avengers 2, does that give LEGO the right to produce a figure based off the ASM Spidey considering Mega Bloks only has the right to the ASM movies?

That's a tough one. MegaBloks owns all Amazing Spider-man construction sets, so I think that a deal between the two companies would have to be made. However I read somewhere that all the Amazing Spider-man merchandise is being handed to Disney, as Sony can't afford to hold it. So LEGO could get the Whole ASM licence, but it depends on how long it will be Licenced to MegaBloks and whether LEGO want it.

I'm not a huge Marvel fan, but I saw this and I'm really starting to dislike the military/modern redesigns of some great Marvel characters. Hopefully he'll have some colour on him in the movie. (And Redwing, of course)

Don't forget that is just concept art. I'm ok with that look, but I wish it was in dark red.

I'm aware that it's concept art, but they did the same thing to Hawkeye, which makes it likely Falcon may not have any colour.

I don't mind that so much, as least in respect to how much they changed Hawk Eye.

I'm not a huge Marvel fan, but I saw this and I'm really starting to dislike the military/modern redesigns of some great Marvel characters. Hopefully he'll have some colour on him in the movie. (And Redwing, of course)

It pretty closely matches Falcon's look in the Marvel Ultimate books. I am taking a wait and see view on it. Much like Iron Man the design may start out drab and militaristic but evolve to a brighter look as the characters become more public super heroes.

here's the first image from cap 2 set and the press release

http://www.slashfilm.com/captain-america-the-winter-soldier-begins-production-first-image-released/

it seems from the what I read here Black Widow will play a bigger role than I thought. Also they only call George St. Pierre's character Georges Batroc, so hopefully the lame name "the leaper" will be left out... One other thing, Robert Redford will indeed be in the film

here's the first image from cap 2 set and the press release

http://www.slashfilm...image-released/

it seems from the what I read here Black Widow will play a bigger role than I thought. Also they only call George St. Pierre's character Georges Batroc, so hopefully the lame name "the leaper" will be left out... One other thing, Robert Redford will indeed be in the film

George St. Pierre's character Georges Batroc

Win. Right here.

Also it looks like for sure (can't really tell from the newest pic except for the gloves) that Marvel are actually bringing back the costume from First Avenger; far superior to spandex and that ridiculous headpiece.

Looks good, although I think it could use a little more red like in First Avenger.

Ooh, I like the look of this one. Still, I remain a big fan of the WW2 costume.