______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

I admit I hadn't heard of the Vision because I am one of those guys who says he is a Marvel fan yet has hardly read the comics. But he looks awesome! Would love to see him as a minifig. Which films could he be possibly be in out of Iron Man 3, Captain America 2 and Thor 2?

I'd think he'd need to be a straight-up Avenger. I doubt Marvel is going to work the Invaders (The Invaders ) into Winter Soldier since Winter Soldier is big enough a story as it is. The movies will probably not get Ultron, but they should have Hank Pym join since Ant-Man is in production. I'd like to see him in Avengers 2, but it might make more sense in Avengers 3, if it covers Civil War.

If you've never read them in comics, I can't even make a recommendation :cry_sad: They have a lot of great books, but the stuff before 2000 is kind of wordy and hard to read, and personally, I don't like the Bendis Avengers (the guy who's been writing them for the last decade). He's the guy who got Spider-Man and Wolverine to join the team, despite it making no sense (Spider-Man is a young character based on instability, so a job makes no sense for him, and Wolverine is a killer already in every version of X-Men and has zero free time)... Anyway, checking out a Civil War trade might be of interest, though Iron Man acts like a complete dick in it, and you'll like the character less :classic:

With regards to Vision, of course I'd love to see him in Avengers as he's an integral part of the team in the comics. However, before him I prefer to see three characters make the team before him: Ant-man and Wasp (two founding members in the comics!) and Black Panther.

Ant-Man will be on the team, the other two should be. Marvel/Disney got a lot of flack for the white-male problem they have (that's all they have), and will be addressing it. I think the Black Panther is a no-brainer, and would be really popular.

I really hope Marvel doesn't do a Civil War movie,even though it is my favourite story arc it wouldn't work without Reed Richards.

Cinematic-wise, I think most people would be content with Captain America vs. Iron Man with everyone else thrown in on their respective sides.

Cinematic-wise, I think most people would be content with Captain America vs. Iron Man with everyone else thrown in on their respective sides.

I guess so..but I personally can't imagine the Civil War storyline without Spider-Man and Reed Richards.

I hope that Marvel introduce a few more superheroes into the cinematic universe that aren't Main Avengers. There should t be a problem since they own a lot of the rights now. I would love to see the New Avengers or secret Avengers make an appearance aswell. We could easily get Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Daredevil in there. I could easily see a scene on the Helicarrier where Stark sees them and says " who are these wanna be's" followed by fury replying " your not the only team of superheroes, what you didn't think I would risk the whole of humanity on you without a backup?". :laugh:

I hope that Marvel introduce a few more superheroes into the cinematic universe that aren't Main Avengers. There should t be a problem since they own a lot of the rights now. I would love to see the New Avengers or secret Avengers make an appearance aswell. We could easily get Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Daredevil in there. I could easily see a scene on the Helicarrier where Stark sees them and says " who are these wanna be's" followed by fury replying " your not the only team of superheroes, what you didn't think I would risk the whole of humanity on you without a backup?". :laugh:

Edited by Sam892

...after the disaster that was X-Men Origins: Wolverine

What do people have against that film? I liked, it was better than Last Stand, and Made a good prequel to United.

What do people have against that film? I liked, it was better than Last Stand, and Made a good prequel to United.

Well it wasn't a bad film but it had a fair share of terrible. Like making Sabretooth and Wolverine brothers, Gambit didn't really have much point to him, what happened to Deadpool and the cliche action moments. I think my main problem with the film Is it didn't really need to be told. We already learned about what happened in X2, although not in as much detail. The best analogy about the film I've ever seen is " the X-men all go together to make a cake, and that cake is delicious. Wolverine is the icing which finishes the cake. You can have cake without and with icing, but if you have just icing you end up feeling sick." I have to admit I can watch the film and I don't mind it but it was a let down in my opinion.

The first image of Hugh Jackman from the upcoming movie "The Wolverine" is here! :classic:

Hopefully LEGO uses this movie as a way to make more X-Men sets! They can loosely base them off things from this movie, sort of like what they did with Wolverine's Chopper Showdown!

I'm surprised to see how fit he still is, Isn't he 40?

I remember watching some of the special features on origins and his routine is crazy. He gets up at 5 everyday has a large protein shake has a 4 hour work out, then films some of the film, then works out again and finally goes to sleep at 8 I think? It's insane I can't imagine doing that 7 days a week for like 8 months. :wacko:

I'm surprised to see how fit he still is, Isn't he 40?

The only problem is that in X-Men 1 he looks like he really let himself go :laugh:.

Ya the continuity of these films it totally screwed up! :laugh: Wolverine Origins and I'm sure in this movie he looks a lot older than he did in X-Men 1, which is supposed to be after all these movies :wacko: Oh well I just kind of take the movies as they are and not worry too much about all that stuff!

Maybe he got a plastic surgery or does his feeling factor doesn't allow it? :laugh:

It would be a lame healing factor if Logan was allowed an addimantium skeleton but, wasn't allowed to get rid of wrinkles. :laugh: .

So who is the cast of the Guardians of the Galaxy movie? I know Rocket Raccoon and Groot are pretty much for sure, but I have heard some rumors of Nova :wub: being in it! Is there any confirmed cast yet or are we still ways away from that?

So who is the cast of the Guardians of the Galaxy movie? I know Rocket Raccoon and Groot are pretty much for sure, but I have heard some rumors of Nova :wub: being in it! Is there any confirmed cast yet or are we still ways away from that?

I'm think we may here some news at the New York comic con but I wouldn't put money on it. A more likely place will be SDCC next year, they will most likely talk about GG and Antman since they focus mainly on Iron-man and Thor at the moment. I read that Micheal Clark Duncan recently recorded lines for Groot in the second season of Ultimate Spider-man. I think his voice will suit Groot and its a horrible shame he passed away, I would have loved for him to voice Groot in the Cinematic Universe.

Confirmed last July:

http://www.hitfix.com/news/guardians-of-the-galaxy-will-feature-star-lord-rocket-raccoon-groot-gamora-and-drax

Feige revealed the space-faring super-team will include the characters Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Gamora and Drax the Destroyer.

That's the reason all the original reports were packaged with this pic, I guess (I don't know the character Gamorra, but I guess that's her on the right)

GuardiansoftheGalaxyConceptArtLong.jpg

I would think it's too soon for casting. I've read very little of this team. I mostly just know the Guardians from the 31st century that were around from the 70's to the 90's... But I do have that original Rocket Racoon series from the 80's (drawn by Mike Mignola! :wub: ) and it was a childhood favourite.

Some big news today.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/kick-megablocks-creator-mark-millar-to-consult-on-marvel-film-franchises-for-fox

Mark Millar has been hired to guide Fox in their next few Marvel movies. This is both good and bad. The good?

-Millar writes a lot comics like they were movies. He knows how to make comics that work as movies, and some of them have been made into movies: Ultimates was heavily retooled into the Avengers, and Kick-megablocks was Kick-megablocks. Wanted was his too, but largely reworked into something different.

-He has read comics, which is more than can be said for the people who worked on X-Men 3 or either Fantastic Four.

The bad?

-He's a slave to concepts, and sometimes ignores good stories for a hooky story.

-He's been known to rework characters to suit a story, like the Captain America in Ultimates, who was a real dick, and not what you think of when you think of Captain America.

-He is a massive sell-out, and a lot of the stories he produces today are intended to be sold to movie studios, which doesn't make him a great comic writer.

In the last few years, he's done stuff with some of the characters. He did a year on Fantastic Four which got a bad reception. And he did a Wolverine story called Old Man Logan which got both adoring and loathing reception. He tends to be divisive writer, with people loving or hating him, but not so many in-between :sceptic: But he can't be worse than what Fox has had, and should actually be a lot better, since he's not wholly in charge.

Thanks for all the news def!

1) That GotG team seems kind of strange to me? I mean it doesn't really capture any of the iconic teams they've had. Plus with the Marvel Now! reboot of Nova I would have thought for sure they would have included him :hmpf_bad: Thanks anyways for the news!

2) I think that news is good! At the very least it means FOX is trying harder to keep up with the curve. I'm really hoping for a good reboot of the Fantastic 4! :sweet:

Thanks for all the news def!

1) That GotG team seems kind of strange to me? I mean it doesn't really capture any of the iconic teams they've had. Plus with the Marvel Now! reboot of Nova I would have thought for sure they would have included him :hmpf_bad: Thanks anyways for the news!

I spend hours a week scouring comic websites, so I've kept my eye on news. I really want to get into the new Guardians of the Galaxy. The stories got solid reviews, and I bought every issue of their late 80's series, plus Rocket Racoon, and Groot! But I just haven't gotten round to it. I bought a trade of Annihilation II this summer, which has the origins of the new team, it seems. I liked it, but wasn't blown away. It was also written by Keith Giffen, and not A & D, who brought the 00's Guardian series out, and drummed up attention for it.

For me, the Guardians will always be this:

406px-Gotg_main.JPG

But I'm not so attached to it that I'd bitch about a change. I'm looking forward to this film.

When you say iconic, what do you mean?

I agree it does seem strange there has been a big push with Nova. He's in Ultimate Spidey and in the new Marvel now stuff. I read a few months back that Marvel is developing Luke Cage and Iron Fist for a movie. I still hoping by the time we get to phase 3 we may have a New Avengers team in the works for a movie.

I've been meaning to start reading some of the GG stuff I'm currently reading through a lot of the Thanos stuff. I have to say the more and more I read of Thanos the more excited I get!

When you say iconic, what do you mean?

It was just poor word choice, but I was trying to say what you just did. The team they have for the movie isn't the team I immediately think of with GotG. I think they missed the boat on some of there character choices (no Vance :cry_sad: ), but I agree with you that I am extremely interested to see it regardless! Ant-Man has really peaked my interest with his new Marvel Now! line as well!

And about Thanos, I totally agree! He is a great villain and I am really excited to see how he is portrayed in the movie(s?) :sweet:

Edited by Spider-Man