Sign in to follow this  
chumuhou

MOC:Ghost Motorcycle

Hello, everybody, I'm from China, I bring you my latest works, video, be sure to wear headphones to listen

The original idea of my MOC came from a movie MIB3 (Men in Black 3), Will Smith rode that kind of motorcycle to chase a weird jerk. The ring looked motorcycle was so cooool. So here comes my MOC, called Ghost Motorcycle.

Features full suspension, center of gravity steering, RC unit, rare Hailfire Droid wheel, 4-cylinder engine, customized lights.

Datasheet:

Completion date: 12/2012

Power: electric (RC unit / battery box)

Suspension: full independent?

Propulsion: 2 x RC motor geared 24:?

Motors: 2 x RC motor

Story behind the MOC

The model was a real challenge for me. I was actually trying to build it ever since the movie was released. The biggest problem always was to fix the big wheel in position and to make it run properly.

Steering was an interesting part. I was trying to adjust the center of gravity to make it turn left or right. The heaviest brick which I could find was Brick 2 x 6 x 2 Weight with Plate Bottom.

The propulsion system consisted of two RC motors geared 1:1.

To highlight the outline of model, I used customized lights made by one of my friends. The gorgeous lights make my model extreme shining in the dark.

As for the look of the model, I’ve spent over a month on the bodywork,

The model’s look wasn’t perfect, but I know it was my best ever, and .

Finally, I was happy with how I handled this task, while I still think that this MOC could be modeled differently, and possibly better. Any suggests and comments, please send email to:38962011@qq.com

imgp3040.jpg

imgp3043.jpg

imgp3046.jpg

imgp3051.jpg

imgp3108.jpg

imgp3631.jpg

imgp3632.jpg

imgp3634.jpg

imgp3874.jpg

imgp3879.jpg

imgp3881.jpg

imgp3882.jpg

imgp3883.jpg

imgp3884.jpg

imgp3894.jpg

imgp3895.jpg

imgp3896.jpg

imgp3897.jpg

imgp3898.jpg

imgp3971.jpg

imgp3973.jpg

imgp3974.jpg

imgp3979.jpg

Edited by chumuhou

Very nice indeed. Are my eyes decieving me, or is that TWO buggy motors in the back?

You can see 6th photos, with two RC motor, the back of the RC battery box

The video isn't loading.. all I'm seeing is a black box with a blue ! symbol... do you have a link, rather than embedding it?

You can click the YouKu logo (or this link) to open video in new tab. This chinese video hosting is slow, but YouTube is banned in their country :(

Edited by Morj

The video isn't loading.. all I'm seeing is a black box with a blue ! symbol... do you have a link, rather than embedding it?

I'm not too familiar with this website, I do not know how to paste the video, or I need to replace a video server.I will try to think of ways.Please believe me and my friends very seriously making production of this video, and certainly worth seeing.You can try to see if can access this page to get video, perhaps beginning when tens of seconds of advertising

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDg3MDgwODcy.html

Very nice and innovative MOC, the steering mechanism looks special. :thumbup:

BTW, the video is a master piece. :thumbup:

Edited by ms09

Rammstein meets alien attack cycle ;-) Seriously, your video looks very professional, great work.

And your bike is amazing - very unique look, interesting technic - and it drives ;-)

You did a fantastic job, thanks for sharing it with us

Thanks for your comments and kind reply. I also want to appreciate my Friends who gave me valuable advices and kicked megablocks to keep me moving forward.

Edited by chumuhou

WOW! Motorcycle is very cool and fast! I like it! Wonderful video!

Edited by Sicil