paanjang16

MOC : 4 stud wide vehicles using 2012 Lego Shell Polybag parts

indexed.gif V-LV-53A

Thanks to the ongoing Shell Lego promotion in my country, I managed to snag a few of the Shell Lego polybags. However being more of a City/Town AFOL collector, I decided to modify the vehicles with some extra parts so that it is still 4 stud wide but able to fit a minifigure. The driver must be able to enter through the doors and drive the vehicle with a steering wheel. I use the compact spring pulled motor as the baseplate and work up from there.

I used the 458 Italia, F40, 250 and the FXX. My personal favourite is the F40 since the white piece allows it to blend in with the classic town Shell sets.

DSC_6219.jpg

DSC_6237.jpg

DSC_6238.jpg

DSC_6249.jpg

I did not stick the stickers since I the cars looks great without the stickers.

As I mentioned earlier, the F40 has the same livery as the old Shell Classic Town sets. :classic:

DSC_6260.jpg

Pretty neat use of those parts! When I first saw those sets released, I too, thought about how they'd look as 4W city vehicles. Nice job on the builds. :classic:

Great mods "paanjang" Really love seeing 4 wide cars making a comeback. It's nice to see "regular" cars and not specialized vehicles like police, fire and construction, really livens up a town.

AWESOME little collection of vehicles......the yellow and white sports cars.....so cool so classic town like ! :sweet:

Brick On Drive On 'paanjang' ! :classic:

Cool...I love to see 4 stud vehicles. This is really great work. My first attempts at MOC & MOD will be to create vehicles so I will be pinching some of your wee ideas here...and hopefully bricklink the parts I see here :grin:

paanjang16 are you from subang?

Ya, I am from Subang. I am guessing you saw pictures of my MOC on the Lowyat Forum and on Brick Fan of Malaysia yes?

Ya, I am from Subang. I am guessing you saw pictures of my MOC on the Lowyat Forum and on Brick Fan of Malaysia yes?

not yet, actually.. i read one of your sig reviews and noticed you mentioned subang parade... im from subang too (:

Edited by coffeeandcake

nice collection and mods you got there

we had the same idea, minifig-able the shell lego ferrari that's currently out in promo now.

check mine out here: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=76974

though i didn't use the front end on the f40 as the parts tend to look cartoonish.

Edited by melbs