mo123567

Collectable Minifigure Sightings & Availability

They finally reached TRU here in Nebraska. But I bet we are still a few weeks out from hitting the rest of the stores in the area. I haven't made my way to TRU yet, so I'm sure they are all picked clean by now. I'll just have to wait for Target in a few weeks. Pretty typical release schedule here.

Bought almost 2 complete sets at TRU Regent in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. They had 12 cases on Friday. Still have to find two cops. Haven't seen them at other Trus in the city or Walmarts.

Edited by Brickcetra

Why does S9 sold directly from Amazon (not a third party) have a list price of $4.99? Are vendors jacking up the price to take advantage of the popularity? Along with LEGO's artificial shortage of certain S9 figures, the future of the CMF seems a bit more shady.

Why does S9 sold directly from Amazon (not a third party) have a list price of $4.99? Are vendors jacking up the price to take advantage of the popularity? Along with LEGO's artificial shortage of certain S9 figures, the future of the CMF seems a bit more shady.

Could just be Amazon has mis-information. I'm not noticing any of the prices on Ebay going above what they normally have in the past - even for the hot/popular figures. As long as Lego still sells them at the $2.99 price, then that just means Amazon will have lost sales to them.

Series 9 finally made it to the Fort Worth TRU.

Bad news is that they only had one box and I got both Forest Maidens (one for my daughter, one for me). Also got two knights and a fortune teller, so the other 55 are waiting for someone else.

Happy hunting!

Finally found them here in the Netherlands. I've only seen them in one store however. Good news for me though; the first packet that I opened was the Space Trooper, my favorite of this series.

The Meijer in Columbus, OH had 2 Boxes!

I was the first to pick through them and picked up 1-Set on the day they were put out!

I went back 2-Days later and they were completely picked through!

Oh wells, at least I got a whole set plus a few extras (2 Judges, 2 Actresses, 2 Forest Maidens)

Though i were in Copenhagen 2 days ago, my first sight of this series was in the Danish Føtex store in Holbæk. Unfortunately i dont have any money these days so i couldt pick any up. But they are there !! ... Not even the BR in Copenhagen , Strøget or BR Holbæk had them. So better pick up all the Elves of this series before i do !! :P

So, I go to the Snohomish, WA Fred Meyer, and they don't have any, just Series 8. But then I decide to go through the packs in the nearest box, to see if I can find some of the ones I need. Then, I actually found a Series 9 pack in the Series 8 box! Of course, it was already opened( It was the Knight). :hmpf_bad: So I take it to the front desk, and ask if I can open the rest so I can make sure that nothing else got taken, like the sword. So the lady says yes, and I open it, and nothing looks missing, so I buy it. Then, when I am sitting in my car, I take the parts out to build it, and the Helmet is missing! :angry: That's right, the helmet! I was so mad, because I thought if anything should be missing, it would be the new sword or shield. I had such a :wall: moment then.I forgot to look for the helmet! :facepalm: There is always the possibility that it fell out at the customer service desk, but I am not willing to go back just for a helmet. Long story short, they should be there soon! :grin::laugh:

Series 9 in most retailers in Melbourne Australia, is it just me or is the policeman and mermaid really easy to get, seems like I got hundreds of these guys :hmpf_bad:

They've finally reached China! Scored a complete set from Taobao (China's eBay). The price went up about US$ 10, to US$ 60 for a set. :look:

A beautiful series of CMFs, maybe not my all-time favorite but ranks right up there. It's nice there's only one athlete, and it's an odd-ball sport to boot.

Joe

Yay!! I have 4 policemen, a bunch of doubles and only six of the series...after buying 15. Random isn't random...come to me, Bricklink, cuz I almost forgot how much I hate buying blind boosters. Also, not to offend anyone that doesn't mind doing it, I will never be seen, pawing away at LEGO packets, trying to surmise what is in it. Just...no.

Also, at least half the packets I've come across at TRU and Target have been 'pre-sliced'. That is a problem.

Edited by Repeter

Series 9 has hit my local shopping centre near Sydney, Australia! :classic: Unfortunately while sorting through the box I discovered half of them to already be open. It's a real shame for the retailers as many of those packets may not be sold, and may stop them from stocking future series. Out of Series 9 I only really need the Judge, Waiter and several Policemen so I may just order them over the internet, even though I personally want the satisfaction of finding them myself.

I'm hesistant to say so because of all the frikkin' scalpers in the Los Angeles, California area, but the Toys R Us in Van Nuys (Woodley/Sherman Way) had a full stock of Series 9 and some older series (which they usually have). They're hanging on pegs near the entrance with other blind-bagged figures.

This TRU always has a relaxed atmosphere, no complaints ever, so head over to them and give em some love. :]

Finally found them in SoCal at a TRU in Alhambra. The box was picked over but I managed to get Cesar, Judge, Chicken, Cyclops, Alien Avenger, and Battle Mech.

I also saw them at a Barnes & Noble today (West Ashley, South Carolina). I believe they were marked at 4.75 though--makes me glad I bought a box online. It's the first time I've seen them in the area.

It's hard for me to believe that anyone would buy these at Barnes & Noble for those prices. I guess they are aiming for random passers by who aren't collectors.

I just went to Barnes/Noble and they didn't have any here. I've actually never seen them there in the past either since we do go there quite a bit to peruse the books. Basically all ours has is the architecture sets.

Available in Continente Supermarkets in Portugal. I got a complete collection at NascLego, Lisbon. Opened a 100 box with him and got a collection for me. This might very well be my favorite series so far. Wonderful minifigs!

Looks like I've been quite lucky with my local Sainsbury's having two boxes and strings of them hanging as well. Fairly easy to stand there feeling all the packs while getting strange looks from passing shoppers.

Finally managed to get a Battle Mech today to complete my set. Also have a nice collection of Knights, Cyclops and Policemen to go with them.

Not bad for my first minifig series. I really like the Knights and Policemen.

All the Chapters/Indigo stores here in Burlington, Ontario have just gotten their second and likely final wave of boxes in-store over the past week or so.

I can't believe how quickly the supply is dwindling here!

Only took for example 2 weeks for the local Coles store to sell through their first 60, and they're down to 33 left from their second shipment. Burlington is a hotbed it seems for CMF's!

My mum & I have now finished our combined collections. Between us we've got;

1x Chickensuit Guy

1x Mermaid

1x Judge

2x Dr.Jekal/Mr.Hyde

2x Battlemech

2x Forest Maid

2x Fortune Teller

3x Cyclops

4x Alien Avenger

4x Policeman

7x Heroic Knight!!! (because I had to assemble King Ares' Seven Kingsguard :blush: )

Finally spotted some at a TRU, here in MN. Got:

1x Alien Avenger

2x Policeman

1x Judge

1x Chicken Suit Guy :wub:

2x Heroic Knight

Oh, and 1x Box

-Sci