mo123567

Collectable Minifigure Sightings & Availability

Which Fred Meyers tend to have CMFs? I will be going to Pacific Northwest (Seattle) for a business trip later this month and want to pick up some minifigs.

As mentioned, Freddies can be hit-or-miss when it comes to new CMFs - some will have them while others will not. The only advantage with Freddies is that they tend to have them in bulk when they do have them. With Series 7 and 8 this year a number of stores I hit had at least sealed five cases on the shelf.

Where was the Bartell's (address)?

Unfortunately, I don't remember the address... though I'm willing to bet that other Bartel's have gotten them in, as well. This one was also loaded on Series 8.

There are also 2 Lego stores in the area that should have stock, that is where I got my set last week.

Are you also in the WA area?

Saw and picked up my first s9 minifigs at Tesco in Fareham. They only had 3 left so grabbed them all, only one I've seen them in though I've been checking the one near my office further along the coast everyday and they've not had any.

Saw and picked up my first s9 minifigs at Tesco in Fareham. They only had 3 left so grabbed them all, only one I've seen them in though I've been checking the one near my office further along the coast everyday and they've not had any.

Tesco Home Plus in Southampton had several boxes today, stacked on top of each other.

My S@H order came in today. I bought 3 figures, and it's a shame that they had to be random. I got a Cyclops, and 2 Mr. Good and Evils. I love, love, love the cyclops! I wasn't incredibly excited about Mr. Good and Evil when I first saw him, but now that I have him, I actually really like him. This series is looking pretty good!

Series 9 is now in Tyler, Texas at TRU. I picked up what I wanted and helped a few kids find what they were looking for. This is the first series I will not buy a complete set. The plumber doesn't have anything I want and I'm cutting back on the old lego budget. I did pick up an extra cyclopes and space alien. Very happy overall with this series.

Picked up another round of figures - Heroic Knight x5, Cyclops x3, Forest Maiden x2, and Chicken Man x2 at the Lego store. I also helped a mother and her son pick out the figures they were looking for for their sets and helped out another person get the two they were after. The three of us there were feeling thru bags and calling out the finds in case anyone needed them. It worked out very well, as everyone found what they were looking for. Teamwork, man.

I'm still thinking the Forest Maiden is somehow short-packed or just more popular than I realized. Despite the S7 Galaxy Patrol figure being very popular, the S9 Alien Avenger is almost common.

Hawkman, which LEGO store? Bellevue or Alderwood?

Alderwood. They had tons out, but at this point, they're picked over for all the hard-to-find figures. I know that the last Chicken Mans and Forest Maidens were gone.

Yes, I live in Seatac. Where are you located?

I'm in the northend.

Let me know if you guys need helping finding anything from S9. I still plan to hunt alittle more for a couple Forest Maidens, so I can keep a lookout for you.

Series 9 is now in Tyler, Texas at TRU.

Well that's good news. Came up dry at the Fort Worth TRU yesterday. Hopefully that means they'll hit this week. Thanks for the report!

Just got back from the Burien Fred Meyer and they had one box of series 9 on the shelf. Wasn't too picked over and I managed to find a forest maiden, plumber, Chicken suit guy, and mermaid.

Tesco Home Plus in Southampton had several boxes today, stacked on top of each other.

Thanks for the heads up!

Picked up a few more from Argos yesterday.

Found one box at Lynnwood Fred Meyers - heavily picked over, unless you want Cops, Waiters, or Roller Girls don't bother. Still nothing here at Walmart or Target.

Found one box at Lynnwood Fred Meyers - heavily picked over, unless you want Cops, Waiters, or Roller Girls don't bother. Still nothing here at Walmart or Target.

I'm kinda surprised that the Waiter is not too popular. It fits in well in City scenes and you would probably need multiple if you were to build a restaurant MOC.

I'm thinking of buying a full box of 60, anyone got any idea, how many complete set of 16 can I get from the full box.

I'm kinda surprised that the Waiter is not too popular. It fits in well in City scenes and you would probably need multiple if you were to build a restaurant MOC.

True. He might just be overshadowed by other figures in this Series.

I'm thinking of buying a full box of 60, anyone got any idea, how many complete set of 16 can I get from the full box.

According to WhiteFang's review of Series 9 in this section, you would recieve two complete sets in a box of 60 - everything else would be extras. Granted those extras could help you form additional sets.

Bobakhan Toys and Collectibles in Everett, WA has them. I found out that they got them last night, and today I came in an hour after opening to find out that my brother and I were going to be the first ones to go through the box. Usually the packs are labeled but the guy who labels them was gone when they got here, so my brother and I felt through them. I picked out the Forest Maiden and the Fortune Teller, and my brother grabbed the Plumber and Chicken Suit Guy. The Fortune Teller has been and remains my favorite this series. I was a bit disappointed with the Forest Maiden. She wasn't as exciting as I had anticipated, as with the Plumber, and I was pleasantly surprised with the Chicken Suit Guy, who was my least favorite. He has definitely moved up on my favoritism scale.

Bobakhan Toys and Collectibles in Everett, WA has them.

I know Bobakhan marks up prices on some of their collectible and retail items - we're the CMF figures marked up, as well? Do they sell any other Lego products there?

They have a lot of older sets, Friends sets, and plenty of other themes. They also have a lot of minifigures, not just CMF's but some minifigures out of their original sets. I saw two or three large yetis there, but I didn't see the price. The CMF prices aren't horrible. They are $4 and have been $4 since Series 6, I believe.

They have a lot of older sets, Friends sets, and plenty of other themes. They also have a lot of minifigures, not just CMF's but some minifigures out of their original sets. I saw two or three large yetis there, but I didn't see the price. The CMF prices aren't horrible. They are $4 and have been $4 since Series 6, I believe.

That is $1 over retail, a 33% markup. When you are only buying a couple I guess it isn't much but for those looking for complete sets or more it is highway robbery.

Well, it isn't horrible for me, since I only buy a few at a time. It would be $20 more to buy a full set, though, which I wouldn't do. They also ordered the GB Minifigures during the summer, but I didn't buy any, they had them for $9 each! I eBay'd the GB figures for $50 USD. I actually plan on reviewing them sometime.

That is $1 over retail, a 33% markup. When you are only buying a couple I guess it isn't much but for those looking for complete sets or more it is highway robbery.

Especially, since the same figures are appearing at Freddies and the Lego store in the same area. Might as well pay retail and get VIP points.

Yea, that's why I can't really give Bobakhan my business. They also Ebay/flip retail stuff, which I won't go into since it's off-topic, but does bother me.