DarkSurgeXL

Legends of Chima 2013 (Action Figures)

Already avalible ? Yeah ! I hope there will be reviews very soon ! :D

Yep. According to the shop.LEGO.com bios (they're up on the German version of the site), Laval combines with Eris, Gorzan with Razar, and Worriz with Cragger.

Instructions are going to be online only, though, and aren't up yet.

Oh God. Already. THEY COME OUT IN AUGUST HERE IN THE US! I kinda expected Gorzan+Razar. Reviews PLEASE.

Oh God. Already. THEY COME OUT IN AUGUST HERE IN THE US! I kinda expected Gorzan+Razar. Reviews PLEASE.

august, huh? well, just be glad you didn't live in Indonesia. :laugh:

Well, I'm sure German members here will post some good reviews.

I totally called on Eris+Laval (griffon anyone?), Gorzan+Razar sounds interesting, not sold on Worriz+Cragger due to the colours.

I just realized Gorzan's feet are titanium metallic: since those are rare, that makes him an even better parts pack. So far he's the only insta-buy for me, I'm still thinking about the others.

I think the way they paired up the combi models makes quite a bit of sense, actually. Laval and Eris both share a number of gold and transparent blue parts. Razar and Gorzan obviously have mostly black parts. And while Worriz and Cragger don't share too many colors, it helps that Worriz has mostly neutral colors rather than colors that would clash with Cragger's more brightly colored parts.

Really, I can't think of much of a better setup. Worriz could maybe be paired with Razar, since they both share silver parts, but then the only really good match for Gorzan would be Laval, leaving the tremendously awkward combination of Cragger and Eris. Really Cragger is the spanner in the works as far as color schemes are concerned, since his main colors are not shared by any other characters.

Regardless, there's no guarantee that the combi models will even use all of the parts for the figures (in fact, I'd consider it pretty unlikely, given what we've seen in the past), and the way the assorted colors are arranged could somewhat redeem even the most disparate color schemes.

Personally, I somewhat think criticisms of color schemes for combi models somewhat miss the point of the models: working within severe constraints to create something new and different. This year's combi models in Hero Factory are much more uniform in terms of color schemes than last year's, but the models themselves are also far more boring. I get the idea that they were a result of kids not responding well to last year's, where often the two sets were assembled into a brand-new creature not featured in the Hero Factory story, often with a disjointed color scheme. As a consequence, not only are this year's combi models paired according to color, but they are all essentially "upgraded" versions of the Hero sets used to make them, so that they can be identifiable as familiar characters rather than as bizarre and unfamiliar monsters.

Yep. According to the shop.LEGO.com bios (they're up on the German version of the site), Laval combines with Eris, Gorzan with Razar, and Worriz with Cragger.

Instructions are going to be online only, though, and aren't up yet.

Where is the biography for Cragger? :look: It isn't up on www.shop.lego.com in any country yet! :sceptic: Also, it appears on Laval's biography that LEGO is insulting the entire Crocodile tribe once again! :sadnew:

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

I'm gonna miss those awesome croc blades.

Those have been gone since the second picture of Cragger came up.

Yep, those are basically the prototype version of Frost Beast's jagged curved blade which are reused on LoC (or is it the other way around?). Those eventually grew on me, since they're in one colour and have a more generic shape (=more versatile).

I really like it, as it provides a nice contrast to the more "clean" looking Rocka sword. :sweet:

@Aanchir: I agree, the way characters were matched together was the best one possible. Laval/Eris and Gorzan/Razar have a lot in common; while Cragger/Worriz feels random (and arguably a case of "pair the spares") Cragger has some red in him and Worriz's greys can be matched with almost anything.

Makes me think of Impossible Creatures, if anybody knows what I'm talking about. :tongue:

Just wanted to tell you folks that I went to the LEGO store today and found the figures there. I already bought Eris, but she's still in her bag. You can expect the review tomorrow or the day after. :wink:

Just wanted to tell you folks that I went to the LEGO store today and found the figures there. I already bought Eris, but she's still in her bag. You can expect the review tomorrow or the day after. :wink:

What country do you live in, there?

As for Chi Cragger, Chi Razar and Chi Worriz constraction figures, it appears that their Chi is only partly corrupted there, since there is mostly a blue colour with a bit of a red colour mixed in on one edge of the Chi design on the torsos where the Chi orbs are supposed to be, there.

I look forward to this new development! :wub:

Yay! Reviews. Let's see what Eris' weapon looks like in the plastic :laugh:.

Nothing special, its colour is the same translucent blue from Stormer XL's blades. Same for Laval.

Now, I'm curious about the bad guys' "energy weapons". I can't tell whether they're in solid red or translucent red; I personally hope for the latter as the former wouldn't make much sense.

What country do you live in, there?

I live in Germany. And before everybody gets jealous about the fact that the Ultrabuilds are already available here I'd like to remember you that we had to wait last year for the DC Ultrabuilds which were avaible earlier in the US.

Nothing special, its colour is the same translucent blue from Stormer XL's blades. Same for Laval.

I might be wrong here (have to compare them), but it seems the plastic for Eris' axe differs from the plastic that was used in Stormer XL's blades.

Concerning the process of the review, I took the pictures today and put Eris together.

Weird, I was pretty sure of that. But as you said, it might be just a plastic thing: Stormer XL's swords and Stringer (Breakout)'s torso are both in tr. blue, but due to the plastic one is translucent and the other fully transparent.

This might be a similar, but far less extreme case: Eris's axe pieces are translucent like all "energy blade" weapons this year, but they might look slightly different due to the plastic.

Another example: Rocka's sword and Black Phantom's blade are both tr. bright green (which, in translucent form, looks like a pale lime if you notice). Yet early versions of BP featued a more greenish blade (like the one in my BP) as opposed to later productions (I bought 2 extra pieces on PaB) which include the blade in that pale translucent lime I mentioned.

Personally I'd rather they'd just flat out go with solid colors, since they can't make pointy weapons using the much less pliable transparent plastic. The current washed out colors are pretty lame.

Personally I'd rather they'd just flat out go with solid colors, since they can't make pointy weapons using the much less pliable transparent plastic. The current washed out colors are pretty lame.

I like the translucent weapons myself. And to be honest, TLG has been doing it for quite a while. Remember Toa Hordika Vakama's blazer claws? Prime example right there. Likewise, various Glatorian helmets and weapons used the same effect quite nicely.

First of all I'm sorry that the review is still not up. I'm kinda busy this week with other stuff (plus, I'm lazy).

Weird, I was pretty sure of that. But as you said, it might be just a plastic thing: Stormer XL's swords and Stringer (Breakout)'s torso are both in tr. blue, but due to the plastic one is translucent and the other fully transparent.

I checked again today and I actually figured out that the translucent blue in Eris' axe is the same that was used in Stormer XL's swords. I probably didn't noticed that at first since Eris' axe blades are only blue, while the swords were mostly silver with a blue blade.

Out of curiosity, are the bones and hands on Cragger grey-green (like on Zaktan) or another color?

Out of curiosity, are the bones and hands on Cragger grey-green (like on Zaktan) or another color?

It's a different green from Zaktan's sand green color, more of an olive-y shade as opposed to Zaktan's kinda bluish-grey green.

Edited by CabooseBM

Alright, thanks! Definitely nabbing Cragger and Worriz for their Metru colors. I'm a bit glad that they've made a comeback; we haven't seen them in the Constraction lines in quite a while.

I checked again today and I actually figured out that the translucent blue in Eris' axe is the same that was used in Stormer XL's swords. I probably didn't noticed that at first since Eris' axe blades are only blue, while the swords were mostly silver with a blue blade.

Yeah, that makes sense. It's much better this way, colour variations aren't terrible but they often limit MOCing potential. I assume Laval/Aquagon's swords are in the same colour.

It's a different green from Zaktan's sand green color, more of an olive-y shade as opposed to Zaktan's kinda bluish-grey green.

Correct, it's called Olive Green and it made its debut in 2012, along Thornraxx's Medium Azure and another greenish yellow shade whose name I forgot. I'm very happy to finally see HF pieces in this colour.

I was just wondering about the piece, not the color.

Whoops, I read that wrong. Sorry.

Yeah, that makes sense. It's much better this way, colour variations aren't terrible but they often limit MOCing potential. I assume Laval/Aquagon's swords are in the same colour.

Correct, it's called Olive Green and it made its debut in 2012, along Thornraxx's Medium Azure and another greenish yellow shade whose name I forgot. I'm very happy to finally see HF pieces in this colour.

Whoops, I read that wrong. Sorry.

The other greenish-yellow shade is Spring Yellowish Green (Yellowish Green on Bricklink), a color which so far has been used for bricks in exactly one Duplo set and a textile element in one collectible minifigure (though there may be other themes that feature printing in this color).

I'm also happy to see more colors in the Hero Factory building system, though I do really wish that we'd see some more use of the rarer colors that have already been featured. Currently there are a handful of Bright Green pieces, exactly two Dark Green (classic green) pieces, and now a small number of Olive Green and Earth Green (Metru green) pieces. That doesn't even get into the small selection of Transparent Bright Green and Transparent Fluorescent Green parts. It's nice to have this much variety, but at the same time it's a bit frustrating for MOCing that there are so few pieces in any of these various green colors. Even Bright Yellowish Green (lime) has been quite rare in sets this year, though certainly there has been enough of it previous years that it's in no short supply.

august, huh? well, just be glad you didn't live in Indonesia. :laugh:

You said it right. We'd probably get the sets in JANUARY 2014 if in Indonesia :sceptic: