stebai

Winter Village: Winter Village Church

indexed.gif B-OV-40C

Hi all,

Update - Having seen many other entries since i posted my church, I've enjoyed reading the little back stories that most have written. I didn't actually consider this at the time i posted since i think my entry was the first to be submitted. Anyhow - time to rectify.

My church isn't really based on anything other than a Christmas card i received last year. It immediately struck me as a great looking building to add to my small Winter Village. So i can't really offer up photo's of the original (and sadly i disposed of the card.)

Well after last years superb entries i vowed i'd have a go this year - and i guess someone has to be first off the blocks. So here is my effort, it is in keeping with both scale and parts - i used a transparent sticker to make the plain glass into "stained" glass as this appears to be within the rules.

Err not much more to add - sorry the photo's are a bit naff, it's actually really hard to get the right lighting to take decent close ups..

I hope lots of others have fun building and sharing their creations as much as i did with mine.

c1-1.jpg

The overall picture shows Mr & Mrs Willoughby sat in the very same seat they first met at 50 years ago. They married shortly after in the church behind them. The Village Vicar, Kenneth Scott is, as always, reading the good book as he leaves to collect the X-mas cake from the Bakery around the corner. Meanwhile Sam Royce and his father David admire the Vicars modelling skills inside the new nativity scene.

c2.jpg

I particularly like the organ and the bell tower, trying to fit so much into such a small scale building was kinda hard though. Oh yes there is a light brick there which lights the windows quite beautifully.

Things you can't quite see are: the table on level 1 which has a bottle and goblet upon it - pulling those bell ropes sure is thirsty work! Patricia Scott, the Vicars wife (and church organist) heading out the main double door side entry.

c3.jpg

The vicar leading the congregation in a rousing choral extravaganza!

c4.jpg

Ahhhh... The Willoughby's again, my favourite elderly couple.

c5.jpg

Finally the Nativity which does have a little 3 wise men sticker inside too... just impossible to photo though.

So there you have it - thanks for looking, and Merry Christmas to all.

Edited by stebai

Delightful and very Christmas indeed......a simple old country church with a small Nativity scene too...so cool and cute ! :wub:

Good luck in the contest.....Brick On in the snow 'stabei' ! :classic:

This church looks really great and fits in nicely with the official models. The nativity scene is a nice feature. Well done.

Good luck in the contest!

Very nice church. I like the bell mechanism. :wub: Also the surrounding is verly lovely. Great work

Thanks herrJJ - yeah the bell mechanism isn't too easy to see but it's fully working - in that each "rope" pulls the bell in a different axis, if only it clanged !!

Edited by stebai

It is great and fits very well! The open back, the size, the bell :wub: and the mini additions. Just great! I think it is the best Winter Village Church, I've seen so far.

Excellent work Stebai, I love the way you have conveyed a simple yet effective architecture to the church...plus adding the snow :grin: I've been looking at some great Lego Churches as a wee help towards making my wife (who isn't convinced by my darkest Lego love :wub: ) a microfig scaled model of our wedding church for our Anniversary. I may be pinching some of your techniques here...love it!!

Brick On and "Gie it Laldie!!" :tongue:

Very nice WV Church. I really need a church for my Winter Village... No time now, maybe next year.

Your church has lots of nice features, worthy of being included in a Winter Village.

Good luck in the contest.

Andy D

Looks nice, I had thought of a church as well for a second... but you're steeple is way better than anything I would be able to do! :thumbup: Nice job!

Very nice. I think this is completely in the spirit of the whole Winter Village line.

It is a nice church and you managed to keep the scale down but still keep every typical aspect of a church in there as well as the compulsory street scenes.

Perfect!

Edited by Man with a hat

That's great, would look great in my scene. I have never made a model from scratch, just wondered how you went about something like this.

Hi i use the LDraw designer program on my pc - It's a little fiddly at first but you get used to it and it produces great results. You can then view in 3d with LView and publish instructions in LPub. Hope this helps, oh and btw it's all free to download but you probably should make a donation to the brilliant creators.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments, Happy Christmas!

Thanks for sharing. This is a great MOC. The bell-tower is brilliant. I love the vicar too actually! The design of the exterior is spot on for a nice village church.

I considered doing a church, but I assumed many people would do one so I was going another route. But your church is a fresh take on everything.

Good luck in the contest!

Thank you to everyone for the kind comments over the last month and a bit (seems like forever since the 11th December when i originally posted my entry!) I think there are so many great entries this year and i can't wait to vote for my favourites, My favourite entries always had some kind of background or little story that went with them and i realized my Church didn't so I spent a little time writing a short piece. Thanks again. (I've already been considering some further additions - gee this lego thing is addictive!)