Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Heartlake Heartbreak - Day Three: Don't Ask Me Why

Wait, wow, you said something useful-ish! Shadell, had you already used your lunch at this point or did you not start with one?

Started without one. I have a feeling it's more common than anyone wanted to admit, thinking it looked bad. Since it was specifically stated that I had forgotten it, I assumed it was to balance other the rest of my role and likely that people who had weak/no actions were given something to work with.

The town lynching one of their own is much more valuable than the scum killing their target at night. Well, it depends on the target, but assume it was a similair person.

I think it's highly unlikely (though will keep an open mind to the fact that it's possible) that the Scum would risk not killing after not killing or being blocked on the first night. I think the only person they would try to convert this early would be me since someone claims to have a Town investigation result on me. Historically, it's too early to convert a "trusted" Townie. It is possible that they could've converted someone else. Actually, since I know I haven't been converted, I know it's the only possibility for them to have converted someone else. I do realize nobody has any reason to believe that, so if people are afraid of conversion, then I admit to being the most likely candidate. My point, originally, is that I don't think they would risk not killing this early and it's taking a huge gamble to think we would believe the blocked Townie would be the killer. That's not a guaranteed payoff on their part, especially since, as you mentioned, our jailkeeper also protects. So, the remaining blocked player was also protected.

I forgot about three or four times now, that I want to clarify my lunch: I was missing on the list for some reason as I mentioned before. I chose Steak and I got a steal action as well. I used it on Shadell on the first day/night. I got nothing. Reason why I chose Shadell? Don't know. Reason why I used it so early? I was afraid to lose it otherwise. Thinking about it now, it would have been much smarter to pass it on to a more experienced player or to use it when I have more clues about the other players.

Oh wait. Wasn't there a theory that stealing is a scum action? Right, you got me then. Or let's think about it again. Choosing a steak or a cake or whatever was pregame. Duh.

Lynch all Liars. You said you had no idea what lunch was and never came out and corrected that when we started admitting our lunches. It's interesting you say you stole Lunch from another person high on the suspect list and that she didn't have one of her own. So now Shadell has given her lunch to someone or it's been stolen. We all know how the lunches work and who has what so there's no reason for you two to lie about it. What really happened with your lunches? I can understand why you wouldn't say anything about your lunch at first, but after it became clear that we all had one, why would you just continue without clarifying? Were you afraid of appearing Scummy because you lied? Lying to protect an Action makes sense. Waiting until you're called out seems Scummy.

Shadell, was your lunch stolen or did you not have one to begin with?

Started without one. I have a feeling it's more common than anyone wanted to admit, thinking it looked bad. Since it was specifically stated that I had forgotten it, I assumed it was to balance other the rest of my role and likely that people who had weak/no actions were given something to work with.

Did it say why you forgot it?

Shadell, was your lunch stolen or did you not have one to begin with?

As I said, started without one. The same message you gave on day 1. As I said back then, it would be a good way for a townie to present information without as much risk, but I never got the opportunity.

Did it say why you forgot it?

I was apparently in a rush.

I was apparently in a rush.

Did it say anything else?

Also, why is the day killer the most important focus for you today?

Did it say anything else?

Also, why is the day killer the most important focus for you today?

I'll regret this, but there is no way I can justify exposing some of that here. Shall we go to a private, but short conversation now?

I'll regret this, but there is no way I can justify exposing some of that here. Shall we go to a private, but short conversation now?

Ugh...if we have to. :cry_sad: Which do you not want to expose? Why you forgot your lunch or your strange insistence that we discuss the day killer as the most important focus of the day?

In other news, I'm learning things about the way the roles are structured but I'm going to be very careful about what I reveal. It appears there's a specific pattern so roleclaims will get interesting.

Ugh...if we have to. :cry_sad: Which do you not want to expose? Why you forgot your lunch or your strange insistence that we discuss the day killer as the most important focus of the day?

In other news, I'm learning things about the way the roles are structured but I'm going to be very careful about what I reveal. It appears there's a specific pattern so roleclaims will get interesting.

Both, and your next comment is why this isn't happening here.

"I have this super important anouncement that could totally change your way of thinking, better ask in thread if you want to hear that important stuff I will tell you in private!"

:wacko:

Vig, please don't target Jimmy today. At least not yet. If you are listening to me. This note is really for everyone, but if the vig is listening to us, hopefully he'll listen that we shouldn't condemn Jimmy just yet.

He. :laugh: Do I know the vig or don't I? :look: Vig? Do I know or don't I? :laugh: megabluck off Scum! :tongue:

Anyway, I'm not convinced on Jimmy yet, but I'm having a nice conversation with him. I'll reveal what I can when I can.

"I have this super important anouncement that could totally change your way of thinking, better ask in thread if you want to hear that important stuff I will tell you in private!"

:wacko:

There are good reasons to ask first, and better reasons not to just expose everything we know immediately, it isn't always that helpful. :hmpf:

Well, I've spent the last two hours reading PMs from people and I think I'm starting to sort some things out. I think there's quite a lot going on and it's going to be hard to sort it all out, honestly. I'll start with a public accusation since I think it's the best place to start.

Fat Matilda, what have you been up to?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!

I've caught a liar! Oh why oh why do I have to run to a meeting. Why???? I love these games! :wub_drool: Oh, this is so cool.

All right, I'll draw this up. I don't know who's lying yet but I have two stories that totally contradict each other. This is awesome.

Scum suck! :devil_laugh: You suck, Scum! :roflmao:

Day killer is our vigilante and I'm still not giving you the gender. Suck it, Fuckwads!

I'm not complaining, you got me all psyched and stuff, but in the time you've been throwing out insults, you could just you know, have said who is lying, then we could throw insults at them together.

I'm not complaining, you got me all psyched and stuff, but in the time you've been throwing out insults, you could just you know, have said who is lying, then we could throw insults at them together.

The good thing is that there must be pitchforks around here. :grin:

The good thing is that there must be pitchforks around here. :grin:

I love it when a good old fashioned angry mob comes together.

I think there's some riding crops over by the fence we can use, let me go get those... :look:

The Great Muppet Caper or

What a megablocking Mess or

Occam's Razor, please for megabluck's Sake, Occam's Razor PLEASE!!!

Scene 1 Oscar and Rowlf and Exposition

Oscar: Hey Rowlf. Let's keep this simple. Not a lot of jokes. People around here get confused easily.

Rowlf: Well, maybe someone else should write the plays then.

Oscar: Hey, that's not very nice. I've been successfully writing plays for half of my Mafia career!

Rowlf: How come we get stuck with this half?

Oscar: So, you're a jailkeeper, huh?

Rowlf: That's correct. Who do you think I should target tonight?

Oscar: Well, Scooter has been pretty suspicious. He's been all nice and everything.

Rowlf: That is weird! Get a rope! :snicker:

Oscar: This is metagaming but he's just been so nice when I've accused him. Last time I accused him and he was Town, the roof almost came off the place.

Rowlf: It's a web site, there is no roof.

Oscar: Your "roof" is bigger than your bite, smarty-pants. Just target Scooter, OK? So Scene 1 concludes with Rowlf the Jailkeeper deciding to target Scooter.

Rowlf: Who died and made you narrator?

Oscar: Well, I'm just trying to be clear about what I'm communicating! Did you come to me to get answers or not!

Rowlf: Yes.

Oscar: Yes what?

Rowlf: I came to you to get answers and I'm not!

Oscar: Very funny, Mr. Comedian. Did you successfully block Scooter or what?

Rowlf: I did successfully target Scooter, yes.

Scene 2 - Oscar and Scooter and the jumbled mess that I hope to God isn't megablocking true...

Scooter: Five minutes 'til curtain, Mister Hedgehog.

Oscar: Say Scooter...

Scooter: Scooter.

Oscar: Very nice. Now, do you do anything at night?

Scooter: Oh yes. I have a very important job. I have to find the cult leader! He's converting people every night. If I find him, he dies and all of the converted cult members suicide.

Oscar: Is suicide a verb? I thought it was "commit" suicide. Never mind. Have you cleared anyone?

Scooter: Yes, and I found a Scum along the way through a series of unfortunate events. I investigated the first person in a strange place and they told me they were a hider. They hid behind someone and so I contacted that person who turned out to be a day investigator, which is fortunate because the hider had seen Janice while hiding behind the investigator. So I had the day investigator investigate Janice and she is Scum. I would've told people today, but it was really busy.

Oscar: Wouldn't a day result have come during the day yesterday?

Scooter: You didn't ask me this by PM, so I have no answer for it.

Oscar: Odd, compelling and convenient all at the same time. It's all needlessly complicated, but truth is stranger than fiction. I suppose if we lynch Janice that would corroborate your story if she comes up as Scum. Of course you could be sacrificing her in order for me to believe this convoluted megablocks.

Scooter: Muppets don't swear.

Oscar: I'm not a muppet, I'm a megablocking hedgehog. Who did you investigate on Night Two?

Scooter: The day investigator, of course. They came up as Town.

Oscar: You got a "Town" result? Would you get a "Scum" result on Scum? I thought you were just searching for the cult?

Scooter: You didn't ask me that in PM, so I can't answer for it.

Oscar: Oh, sorry. I keep coming up with these things after I go over what you said. :blush:

Booming Voice: Tune in next week when Oscar asks...

Oscar: Where is that voice coming from?

Booming Voice: And then the following week when he asks...

Oscar: How did Scooter target someone if Rowlf had him in jail? Rowlf, are you sure you were successful targeting Scooter?

Rowlf: Yup.

The End

Which one's lying? The jailkeeper that gave us Walter yesterday or this Cult hunter who the jailkeeper successfully blocked yet he somehow targeted a magic day investigator who got a Scum result on someone that he didn't share with anybody else? :hmpf: Gee... I wonder who the liar is here.

Say what? That sounds so incredibly weird and made up, this Scooter seems to be full of nonsense :wacko:.