Sign in to follow this  
ShaydDeGrai

[MOC] Fantasy warship, Corsairs of Umbar

[pid][/pid]144D

Please forgive the cross-forum post, I recently completed my design for the Corsairs of Umbar for the Lord of the Rings, but as the Corsairs were, technically, privateers (and I know how much people here enjoy ship designs) I thought I drop a quick pointer just in case anyone was interested but didn't happen to frequent Historic Themes.

1354986199m_DISPLAY.jpg

The vessel is built to roughly half mini-figure scale (I would have preferred minifig scale but both my parts supplies and shelf space are running a little low at the moment). She's 53 studs long overall and 39 studs long at the waterline.

I realize I'm lacking rigging and that the lanteen sails would simply luff in their current configuration, but I was shooting more for an abstraction that would "fit" visually with my other (official) LEGO vessels and didn't want to go "line-happy" with string in the name of realism.

For the curious, the full post and addition photos can be found here.

For those of you who have already found the other post (or simply don't care) please forgive the interruption and ignore me :classic:

Nice ship!It looks dark and abit futuristic ship ,one should be afraid when he sees it !Too bad you couldnt make it minifig scale,maybe when you have more parts?And the crew can be from evil knights or something like :wink:

Nice ship! ...

Thanks

...Too bad you couldnt make it minifig scale,maybe when you have more parts?And the crew can be from evil knights or something like :wink:

The more I look at this one on the shelf the more I convince myself I should build a bigger one. If I double the scale, it would be about right for minifigures (I like the evil knights as crew idea) and give me some room to play around below deck with some interiors. Based on what went into this one and my own tendency to use small parts, I'd say 5,200 bricks should about do it, perhaps I'll be spending more time with Bricklink after the holidays.