Sign in to follow this  
MikeyB

Shepherd along the Capital Road

Between the Illyrio and the Coluna mountain range, along the Capital road are several orchards, vineyards, farms and pastures.

Sheppard1-M.jpg

sheppard3-M.jpg

Sheppard2-M.jpg

Orthus, Lord Arlindus' Father and Ambassador of Circardia travels along the Capital Road to visit the Dwarves of the Stoneheart clan for potential trade agreements.

I really built this build to show off some my first aftermarket parts, the leaves are from Alt brick, sheep and the bridle from Brick Forge. I also wanted to try out the rock technique for a future build.

Edited by MikeyB

I'm jealous too of your leaves and your sheep. The pipe is great and the fence is well done. The rock work looks cool too - I'll have to try that. Nice build!

I may have to try the rockwork, I have been meaning to so for about 3 months now.

great build, I am also building an autumn scene myself.

keep it up!

~Legonardo

I think it's time for me to get tree pieces from Alt-Bricks. Another beautiful build, Mikey.

Wonderful little scene, and great usage of the Brickforge and Altbricks pieces. The only problem is your title, you misspelled shepherd. :blush:

Edited by gedren_y

thanks for all the kind words! Glad you liked the pipe. i wish the LOTR ring came in something besides gold. i think it would have worked perfectly if it was black or brown.

I knew the spelling didn't look right! Mods could you change the title so I won't forever live in shame!

Nice idea for a pipe, I like the rock work as well (tryed it out recently and found it really wasn't as hard as I had expected!), your's looks great! :thumbup:

Although so far I've been very sceptical about any non-Lego pieces within moc, I have to admit that now I'm way more open to them, especially since LEGO doesn't make autumn pieces nor sheep! BTW, nice setting!

Nice work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like the trees and the pipe :wink:

Although so far I've been very sceptical about any non-Lego pieces within moc, I have to admit that now I'm way more open to them, especially since LEGO doesn't make autumn pieces nor sheep! BTW, nice setting!

I was as well. I even had a hard time doing things like swapping arms or hands on a mini fig torsos. But I ordered a few just to see how they looked and overall I am pretty happy with them.

@Hyler not familar with that piece but the pipe is two pieces, the top is a round 1x1 stud with a black minifig handattached to the bottom for the stem of the pipe. if the hand will attach to the bottom of that piece it would be a cool pipe.

The scene just breaths calm, peace and countryside! Love it! So simple yet so great!

The Alt bricks are great, aren´t they?! I regret that I didn´t buy the leaves for the winter scenes! How did you manage to keep the leaves in place when you put them on the tubes?!

How did you manage to keep the leaves in place when you put them on the tubes?!

I used the smaller holes on the inside of the leaves (vs. the ones on the end)

I debated the winter leaves, but I can get past the leaves would have fallen off a tree with the snow...

Nice build! And I really like the pipe -- will have to steal borrow that idea. I bought the winter and autumn leaves from Alt Bricks a month ago, and I'm really happy with them. They're well made, and really look good. The only caveat is that they are made of hard ABS and don't bend like LEGO leaves, so you have to be careful when detaching them from other bricks, as they have a tendency to bend or break if too much force is applied. If they bend, they will have a white crease mark where the bend occurred. But for $0.20 per leaf they can't be beat -- that's cheaper than the green leaves usually are on BrickLink.

Awesome scene! I like the leisure feel to it.

I have some of these leaves also, but sadly have not been able to take them out and give them a try yet.