Along the Grand Canal in the Varlyrion Capital of Illyria is the Ministry of Trade.

Established to help regulate internal and external trade, merchants must receive a letter of permit for a nominal fee based on the value and quantity of goods.

mot6-M.jpg

Outside the front of the Ministry of Trade

mot5-M.jpg

Orhtus, Lord Arlindus' Father and Ambassador of Circardia arrives at the Ministry of Trade to explore possible trade partners. Leaving are two dwarves from the Stoneheart Clan

mot2-M.jpg

mot9-M.jpg

Inside merchants wait to be seen by officials of the Ministry

mot10-M.jpg

mot7-M.jpg

Once it is their turn, Letters of permit are issued by officials at the Ministry of Trade

mot8-M.jpg

Not 100% happy with the photos but I wanted to get this done.

I also noticed some things about the build I didn't noticed until I was shooting photos (some bricks not pushed tight, dust) but again, I was pretty pushed for time.

Hope you guys enjoy!

This is what you've been working on! I love it! Great interior, the use of the crates is brilliant! I am very jealous of the trees, and I love your color usage. Great MOC!

Cypresssssssss... I get a Fire Brigade vibe from this (that's a good thing). The fact that its modular with an interior jut makes all that much more fantastic. Awesome job Mikey.

Lovely work, ever so Varlyrio :wub: The entrance, side windows, stairs, and balconies are my favorite parts :thumbup:

Always enjoy seeing your builds :classic:

Thanks for the comments. I definitely was inspired by the modular houses for this one. I wanted to do an interior but the first floor is very high, so I need to add a "door" to the back similar to my Seamstress build.

I have another build in mind, where I want to uses even more Cypress trees (still my best "find" I got seven, along with 75 other trees and shrubs for $20!)

I have another build in mind, where I want to uses even more Cypress trees (still my best "find" I got seven, along with 75 other trees and shrubs for $20!)

Wow!!! *huh*

Beautiful.

I so totally need to get on to building in this land. Hmmph. If only life would slow down a minute, right!

Okay. Building this week has gone up the priority chain!

Thanks for the inspiration Mikey!

Ah, this is really great Mikey. Quite many things I like about it, the cypresses of course being totally awesome! Interesting depection of water in this moc!

Looks great Mikey, especailly the doors and the interior! Guess my merchant will have to hurry up and get a permit - or perhaps he already has one? :look: Nice work! :thumbup:

This is great, you have created an awesome setting for a guild here and the builds you are putting out there are amazing. I love the stool inside, great idea for that

This is just awesome Mikey! You realy are the master of Varlyrio! It feels so much like it! I love the base made out of containers, the cypress trees adds so much to the Mediterrainan feel and that globe on top is just wow! Is it from the SW planet sets? I must have some of them now when I´ve seen both Z and your using them so nicely!

My only complaint is about the cypress trees. Fells like they are growing right on the stone work... Perhaps some brown bricks around them would help out. Anyway, great work again Mikey!

My only complaint is about the cypress trees. Fells like they are growing right on the stone work... Perhaps some brown bricks around them would help out. Anyway, great work again Mikey!

yeah that is something I am not 100% happy with but I just didn't see anything that I was happy with. I wanted a container type thing but nothing looked right.

this guild uses very tempting colours :) GJ

Edited by Gunman

This certainly does have an 'official' modular building vibe. Also, those containers as the wall is a fantastic idea.

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like the style and the colours :wink:

Not completely happy with the foto´s... I think they´re oustanding. As is your building, the dark red works out great again and the chair-bench in the boat is a nice touch. I also agree on the barrels, great usage.

Oh yeah, this works. Very nice job. Great colors, great outside details, nice roof, etc. Someday I'll have to do a Valyrio build. Really like the bench inside too -- nice idea with the two 1x2 plates modified with bars.