TwoKnightsBicycle

TwoKnightsBicycle - modular houses

I presented myself in the 'Hello, my name is'. Here it's back to business :wink::laugh: .

The first MOC I want to share in detail is the "MaesHouse". I wanted to create a house where I could use some SNOT. The aim was to have a groundfloor with a look as if it is made in wood. Therefore I decided to go for a repeated 4 stud window.

I also wanted to use some lettering. Therefore the M is seen beneath the windows. On the second you can understand why the M was choosen.

8258219198_76a527df1f.jpg

To make it more realistic, I added a craftsman who is repairing the construction.

There are three doors. One of them leads directly to a staircase. The owner can go directly to the first (and second) floor.

8257149161_ccfbce7ff5.jpg

Let's go inside!

The groundfloor has a shop and a toilet. The idea was to have a 'red carpet' for the clients.

8257147311_69a7cdbb9b.jpg

It took me some time to find out the construction for the staircase (I had nine studs wide). I wanted an 'old iron' look. You can also see the inside of the toilet (this part of the wall is removable).

You can't see it clearly, but behind the stairs are a safe, cooler and champagne bottles.

8258217220_a7665694f3.jpg

OK. Let's go to the first floor! There is not much to tell. You can see the groundfloor, there is some art and the floor is being repaired.

8258215726_190795364b.jpg

8258215036_021ffec3e1.jpg

And the second floor. I had some work on the bed (6 studs width, while I had only 7 studs space). Everything is in orange/yellow and so on. The owner clearly wants to compensate for his serious business on the other floors!

8258214740_2cb910c92b.jpg

8257145317_a134a0c46f.jpg

All comments are welcome! You can find more pictures in this set:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89832736@N03/sets/72157632203514389/

TwoKnightsBicycle

Edited by TwoKnightsBicycle

Excellent 19th century building there 'TKB', why is there a tradie's power saw on that sofa ? :laugh:

Wonderful and original designing too.....I especially like the roof......Brick On 'TKB' ! :classic:

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup:

The exterior and the interior give to this modular a look of the past :wink:

Excellent 19th century building there 'TKB', why is there a tradie's power saw on that sofa ? :laugh:

Well.. I ran out of tiles so the solution was: "the floor is being repaired". Hence the power saw... :wink:

Nice build! I like the upper floor details. The owls are a nice touch. also some very interesting interior details!

Awesome MOC! The large scale of this modular and all the details put you in the tradition of builders like Jasper Joppe Geers.

Welcome to Eurobricks, and thanks for sharing that awesome building with us! There's so many details in this I just love, I don't even know where to begin! Lovely touch with having a guy repairing things, and your staircase absolutely achieves the old iron look. Congratulations on getting

See it on Classic-Town.net

:sweet:

Awesome MOC! The large scale of this modular and all the details put you in the tradition of builders like Jasper Joppe Geers.

Indeed: after seeing Jaspers houses up close, I finally decided to go for the modular houses as a theme! I think he has influenced a lot of people over here!

By the way: thank you everybody for you feedback. And thank you Cecilie for blogging me! :classic:

Very impressive building. A lot of details, aswel in- as outside. A very great effort. Thanks for sharing and hope to see more of these builds from you.

Hello again. This time I’m sharing two “inbetweenies”.

First of all a ‘Work In Progress’.

It started when I was thinking on a way to get rid of my 2x4 pink bricks. The only possibility I saw was to build a house with horizontal or vertical lines in it. And secondly I was wondering whether you could combine the modular concept with an almost complete SNOT facade. Hence some experimenting. I brought this together in about half a day and put it aside afterwards. But after a couple of months, I’m thinking to finish it in due time. I really like the idea now and want to rethink and detail it. It will take some time, but I want to change the doors, perhaps the windows, build an interior and a roof with some airco units etc. So I have to think on furniture, tiles, decorations. Another wild idea is to make a Fifties café in it (with some cars from Cars as decoration). We’ll see…

Anyway here is the “WIP Art Deco House”.

8472193583_1c79552842.jpg

As you can see I did some experimenting with the concept 'modular':

8472191819_b4418cd8b8.jpg

More:

Digital StillCamera

Another “inbetweenie”.

One of my houses stood a bit lonely at the end of a row. And I had some collectible mini figures without a real purpose. So therefore I made a small fountain with a new species. Here I present you “The Carrot Goldfish Fountain”. A bit sad that you can't see the carrots below the transblue plates that are the goldfish on the picture. :look:

8473288166_97495bed11.jpg

All comments are welcome!

TwoKnightsBicycle

I like the 'inbetweenies', but it's a shame to have them at the end of an older thread - they deserve their own.

At first glance the WIP: Art Deco House looked a bit garish, but once my eyes adjusted ( :wink:) that pink and green combo really works well. The facade's detailing, especially round the upper story windows is effective, and looks real.

The Carrot Goldfish Fountain looks great - the stonework carvings are well proportioned and that water looks natural.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Lovely! And I like the fountain too - Seems to me like a funny take on Fontena de Trevi in Rome, with the adventurers instead of mythical creatures and goods :)

I agree with what's been said in the past couple of posts! I didn't comment on the original one because the facade of the house was a bit too busy for my taste, but these two new creations are great. You've got some serious modular building talent, and the fountain is a great idea for the end of a row of modulars. I'm very much looking forward to seeing where you go from here.

I agree with what's been said in the past couple of posts! I didn't comment on the original one because the facade of the house was a bit too busy for my taste, but these two new creations are great. You've got some serious modular building talent, and the fountain is a great idea for the end of a row of modulars. I'm very much looking forward to seeing where you go from here.

Yep. and it deserves its own topic. Otherwise many people won't see you beautiful creation!

I really love your Art Deco modular, is there an inside picture?

By tthe way: Do you plan on making an LDD file or instructions for your modular buildings? :grin: I think I'm not alone in wanting these buildings for my own town!

Edited by Murdoch17

I really love your Art Deco modular, is there an inside picture?

By tthe way: Do you plan on making an LDD file or instructions for your modular buildings? :grin: I think I'm not alone in wanting these buildings for my own town!

The inside is empty for now. I don't know yet what I will build there.

I'm not planning to make LDD files or instructions. I always start with a box of bricks and see where I go from there. The art deco building is actually very straightforward as you can see on the pictures. I added some pictures where it's 'dismantled'.