Sign in to follow this  
CM4Sci

LDD MOC - Winter Village Book Store

indexed.gif B-OV-40B

So, that Winter Village contest is going on, and I (surprisingly) haven't seen any entries yet! I can't enter this digital entries aren't allowed. I made this for fun, anyway, I do it every year. Last year I made a candy store. But this year, I thought I'd try something smaller; a book store!

Final_Winter_Book_Shop3

The store itself is 628 pieces, there is a light brick, but I will get on to that later. I had a few design flaws, like the rounded window. I wanted it to have some icicles, but using the green rounded plates wouldn't allow me to have them in some places. I tried my best not to have the window's roof from the post office set, so I kinda.. altered it. Some scenery is included; a tree with a snow pile (from the snowblower), and a small bridge with a stream underneath and a little wreath.

The minifigures:

WBS1

From left to right: Book Store Owner, Mother, Daughter, Father, Snow Worker

Then a few inside images:

Choosing books

WBS2.png

Buying a book (Where's the book? :tongue: )

WBS3.png

Upstairs bedroom, bed w/ lamp and a 'picture' (or newspaper :tongue: )

WBS4.png

The fireplace and light brick, that shines through the window!

WBS5.png

Side view (notice the technic pin hole in the 1st alt image?)

WBS6.png

So that's my Winter Book Store. I hope you all liked it!

Comments appreciated :classic:

-Sci

Edited by Phred
Deep-linked over-sized images. 800x600 max!

This is a really cool build! It looks like a winter village set right from Lego. I really like your snow blower design too. Nice job overall! :thumbup:

This looks very nice for WV series. You should definitely build it with bricks. The snowblower is a nice detail.

I normally don't feel like commenting on digital designs, because they rarely look all that good - but this one is a very nice one. I'd love to see this brick-built - it'd look just as nice without those icicles, so that's an easy way around that design problem.

Very nice! I hope you put it into bricks for the contest!

Andy D

This looks really great. You've nailed the look and feel of the official Winter Village sets.

I would love to see this done in bricks.

Thanks everyone! As much as I'd love to make this in real life, I'm afraid I can't purchase them at the moment. That and they probably wouldn't get here in time. :tongue:

If anyone wants certain pics, say so. :thumbup:

-Sci

I was wondering if anyone was going to use the green life preserver! I ordered for my Winter Village entry back in Oct. Makes a perfect wreath! Nice build too bad you can't make in real bricks. I am excited to show mine off soon

EB Member Guidelines state: Don't post images that are over 800x600. Images rarely need to be over 640x480.

Your over-sized images have been deep-linked. Feel free to repost your images after they've been down-sized.

Thanks for sharing. This is a really neat build. I agree, let's see it in brick form! Money is no object right...

With that said, I do love the bridge and stream idea. I would almost want to borrow that for an official set. The green preserver/wreath is a good idea. I looove the bookshelf. I always struggle with making nice looking bookshelves, but this is brilliant and simple. I may have to borrow that too (if you don't mind).

If you can, try to enter something else in the contest..on second thought, give us a fighting chance so don't enter anything!