logowriter

Alternate Lt. Martinet?

Hi folks, newbie here. Recently dug up the original Black Sea Baracuda and going through it for missing parts so I can build it again. I curiously have a couple extra minifigures which as far as I can tell never came with the set. I don't recall ever having any other original pirate sets at the time, but I do have this Imperial Soldier amongs the lego for some reason. It looks like Lt. Martinet only he has blue epaulettes and his facial hair is strange.. eyebrows and a longer, more unruly beard for one. See attached. I have no reason to believe anyone has put this together from other parts; much of this has been untouched for at least 15 years. Curious if anyone has any insight.

post-34000-0-64161400-1355005964_thumb.jpg

It must have been put together, for as for as I know the imperial soldiers never wore blue epuaettes. Take a look here, as far as I know, this is the only minifigure were the this head was in use. Plus, the theme this Royal King was in the same time frame as the old pirate theme. Hope this helps!

Edited by Commander Law

Do you have any siblings, I have found that as the usual reason for my old mini-figs being out of place.

It must have been put together, for as for as I know the imperial soldiers never wore blue epuaettes

Yeah, that head has never been released in any pirate themed set.