TalonCard

New (Old) LEGO Pirates adventures--in German!

I’m not familiar with any LEGO Castle Kids Comics, so I have a hard time answering that question. The main characters in the Castle tape are kids though. If you could show me some of those comics maybe then I would be able to tell. The Castle tapes at least feature the Wolf Pack, the Dragon Masters and I think the Black Knights and the Royal Knights.

Here's a topic on Castle Kids from earlier this year: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=78925 Are the kids named Alma, Ralph, and Will - or at least, could their German names translate to that?

I'm also rather curious about the other characters in the stories, as Wolfpack never got any named characters as far as I know (unless there are some in these audio dramas), the Royal King was sometimes called King Richard in some magazines, the Black Knight was apparently involved in both the Black Falcons and Black Knights factions (but the exact story behind it was never really specified), etc... There's a lot of loose ends and gaps, and I'm wondering how much the audio dramas might clear up. I know you won't be transcribing the other audio dramas, but do you at least have a rough idea of what happens and what characters are involved?

It has been a while since I listened to the Castle stories, and the plot of the first one was a bit confusing, so it’s a little hard for me to recap it. There are quite a few named characters in them though and there is also a name for the setting.

I think I might give a try and write them down and translate them.

Here's a topic on Castle Kids from earlier this year: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=78925 Are the kids named Alma, Ralph, and Will - or at least, could their German names translate to that?

I'm also rather curious about the other characters in the stories, as Wolfpack never got any named characters as far as I know (unless there are some in these audio dramas), the Royal King was sometimes called King Richard in some magazines, the Black Knight was apparently involved in both the Black Falcons and Black Knights factions (but the exact story behind it was never really specified), etc... There's a lot of loose ends and gaps, and I'm wondering how much the audio dramas might clear up. I know you won't be transcribing the other audio dramas, but do you at least have a rough idea of what happens and what characters are involved?

King Richard is listed in the cast for one of the Castle audio dramas at hoerspielland.de. I'm fascinated by the Black Knight's connection to two Castle factions; Bricks 'n Pieces Magazine seemed to treat the Black Knights as an extension of the then-nameless Black Falcons. The Disney Adventures magazine comic implied, I believe, that the Dragon Masters are a splinter group from the Black Knights...lots of connections there. I wouldn't think that the Castle Kids comics have anything to do with the audio dramas, but if there's one thing Runamuck's translations have taught me, it's that anything is possible. :wink: (And heck, we finally got a Blacktron origin story in LEGO City Undercover, so you never know.)

The Wolfpack were some of my favorites; it'd be neat if there was more information about them. (I used to pretend that one of the pirates was a descendant of the Wolf Pack leader, for obvious reasons. :laugh: )

It has been a while since I listened to the Castle stories, and the plot of the first one was a bit confusing, so it’s a little hard for me to recap it. There are quite a few named characters in them though and there is also a name for the setting.

I think I might give a try and write them down and translate them.

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: These are the kinds of things that make my day. :grin:

It’s quite interesting how the audio drama actually follow the geography of the map pretty closely, especially the one about La Sceletta.

The Iron Ram does not use the standard Imperial Soldiers flag; it has crossed cutlasses instead of crossed cannons on it.

Also the pictures of the Dark Shark and the Barracuda are reused from the Golden Medallion comic. The odd thing though is that the picture of the Barracuda isn’t actually of the Barracuda at all. It is the ship that is attacked in the start of the comic, called the Golden Lute in the German audio drama, but the artist has added a jolly roger and some patches to the sails.

Good catch! I hadn't notice most of that, and had chalked the difference in appearance in the Soldier flags up to artistic license

TC

King Richard is listed in the cast for one of the Castle audio dramas at hoerspielland.de. I'm fascinated by the Black Knight's connection to two Castle factions; Bricks 'n Pieces Magazine seemed to treat the Black Knights as an extension of the then-nameless Black Falcons. The Disney Adventures magazine comic implied, I believe, that the Dragon Masters are a splinter group from the Black Knights...lots of connections there. I wouldn't think that the Castle Kids comics have anything to do with the audio dramas, but if there's one thing Runamuck's translations have taught me, it's that anything is possible. :wink: (And heck, we finally got a Blacktron origin story in LEGO City Undercover, so you never know.)

Thanks for the link! Interesting, looks like mostly new characters in here.

What I find somewhat strange is that the Black Falcons and Black Knights seemed to be depicted as enemies in the sets themselves, while the official story said otherwise... The later half of the Ninja theme had a similar quirk, where the sets like this one showed the ninja princess and the red ninja under her command as allies with the emperor (even ninja equipment like these things had the emperor's flag attached), but the story specified in magazines and the like said that the ninja were fighting against the corrupt emperor, who had stolen from everybody under his rule.

I've seen part of a Disney Adventures Space comic involving Blacktron II, but haven't seen any others. Are there any scans available to read?

And I'd very much like to hear the name translations, especially the name of wherever all this takes place.

Edited by jamesster

What I find somewhat strange is that the Black Falcons and Black Knights seemed to be depicted as enemies in the sets themselves, while the official story said otherwise... The later half of the Ninja theme had a similar quirk, where the sets like this one showed the ninja princess and the red ninja under her command as allies with the emperor (even ninja equipment like these things had the emperor's flag attached), but the story specified in magazines and the like said that the ninja were fighting against the corrupt emperor, who had stolen from everybody under his rule.

That's interesting! I'd take both stories into account; sometimes the factions are unified, sometimes they struggle amongst themselves. We see this a lot in the Pirate storyline; Broadside steals from his own people and his King, he has spies at court, and while De Martinet serves him, he also covets his job. Space Police too, had renegades who wanted Ice Planet technology. For a company that presently favors good-verses-evil storylines, there are plenty of shades of gray. (Or, as LEGO Batman might say, very very dark gray.

Are there any scans of the later Ninja story info? I have the first Ninja Mania Magazine, and I seem to remember the bit about the Princess and the Emperor...those collector cards that came with the minifigure sets, maybe?

I've seen part of a Disney Adventures Space comic involving Blacktron II, but haven't seen any others. Are there any scans available to read?

The scans of the Pirate comic are here, and I've just posted the Space comic you mentioned here. I only have the first part of the Castle comic, and I don't have the issue with me. :cry_sad: But I will try to post scans when I get it. Sadly, these seem to be the only comics in the series, though it clearly inspired the later Mania Magazines comic. (Though sadly, the art was never as epic.)

TC

Well, this is the final Pirate audio drama. Let’s see how good my nonexistent Spanish is.

Das goldene Schiff

Erzähler: In dunkler Nacht lauert die Schwartz Hai, das Piratenschiff von Käpt’n Roger, der Galeone Madonna auf, dieses Schiff soll mit Gold beladen von amerikanischen Festland kommen und am Schwartz Riff vorbei nach Europa fahren. Für viel Geld hat der geschäftstüchtige Hehler McMoney Käpt’n Roger Diese Information verkauft. Und tatsächlich zur angegebenen Stunde entdeckt der Ausguck der Schwartz Hai das Gold Schiff.

Ausguck: Schiff ahoi, Schiff auf Südwest!

Roger: Das ist die Madonna, sie kommt, langsam und träge, weil sie bis zum Rand voll ist mit Gold.

Willy: Jetzt sehe ich sie auch. Sie läuft direkt auf uns zu.

(Ein Kanonenschuss klingt.)

Piraten: Hey! Was ist das? Wer schießt auf die Madonna? Käpt’n, was hast das zu bedeuten? Da ist doch jemand! Häh! Quer ab ist noch ein Schiff. Jemand klaut uns unsere Beute.

Roger: Das darf doch nicht wahr sein.

Willy: Wir sind nicht die einzigen die der Madonna aufgelauert haben.

Roger: Verflixt. Erkennt jemand wer der andere ist?

Willy: Tut mir leid Käpt‘n, ich kann nur sehen das es ein sehr großes Schiff ist. Größer als unsere Schwartz Hai.

Erzähler: Jedes Mal die Kanonen auf dem anderen Schiff donnern schießen lange Flammen aus dem Mündungen. Ihr licht erhellt die Flanke des Schiffs und ihre Segel. Dann, als die Kanonen allmählich verstummen, versinkt alles wieder in der Dunkelheit.

Roger: Ob es die Barrakuda ist?

Willy: Hmm, das könnte schon sein Käpt’n.

Polly: Pech und Schwefel. Ohohohoh argh.

Roger: Wenn man nur mehr erkennen könnte.

Willy: Das andere Schiff liegt jetzt dicht bei der Madonna.

Roger: Seeräuber verdammte. Sie entern mein Schiff, sie holen sich mein Gold. Ehrenloses Gesindel!

Willy: Käpt‘n, wir sollten verschwinden. Die Beute ist für uns verloren und auf einen Kampf können wir uns nicht einlassen, die andern sind uns überlegen.

Roger: Ja ja, du hast Recht. Aber ich frage dich Willy, wem hat McMoney die Information noch verkauft?

Willy: Du meinst McMoney hat uns betrogen?

Roger: Ganz sicher hat er das. Aber er soll sich getäuscht haben, ich werde diesen schmutzigen Charakter zeigen dass er so mit mir nicht umspringen kann.

Polly: Seeräuber! Galgenstrick!

Roger: Wir ziehen uns zurück. Rumpott, Kurs Piratendorf.

Rumpott: Ay ay, Käpt’n. Kurs Piratendorf.

Erzähler: Im Morgengrauen kehrt die Schwartz Hai in den sicheren Hafen von dem Piratendorf zurück. Kaum hat sie festgemacht als Käpt’n Roger und Bootsmann Willy auch schon zu McMoney eilen in dessen Landen man buchstäblich alles kaufen und verkaufen kann. Gold, Silber, Schmuck, Waffen, Schießpulver oder Informationen, McMoney hat alles, weiß alles.

(Käpt’n Roger klopft an der Tür und ein Hund bellt.)

Roger: McMoney! Komm heraus, los doch! Ich muss mit dir reden. Nun komm schon!

McMoney: Käpt’n Roger, was macht du für einen Krach?

Roger: Das ist noch gar nichts, jetzt geht es erst richtig los. Ich habe nur noch die rechte Hand, siehst du? Links habe ich einen Eisenharken. Aber die gesunde Hand soll mir abfallen wenn du nicht ein hundsgemeiner Betrüger bist.

McMoney: Ich? Ein Betrüger? Käpt’n, dagegen verwahre ich mich. Niemand auf dieser Insel ist ehrlicher als ich.

Roger: Da war ein zweites Schiff. Es hat mein Gold mitgenommen.

McMoney: Ja und? Was kann ich dafür?

Roger: Du hast nicht nur mir die Information verkauft das diese Galeone kommt, du hast sie auch noch an einen anderen verkauft. Wahrscheinlich an Käpt’n Baddog.

McMoney: Käpt’n, ich bin empört, wie kannst du so etwas von mich denken? Eine derartige Gemeinheit darfst du mich nicht unterstellen.

Willy: Und woher kam dann das andere Schiff? Häh?

Polly: Betrüger! Schwindler!

Willy: Woher wusste die Besatzung von der Galeone?

McMoney: Nun denkt doch mal nach Willy, auch ich habe die Information gekauft.

Polly: Das süße Schätzchen.

McMoney: Schließlich war ich nicht selbst auf dem Festland, sondern ein anderer.

Roger: Und du meinst der hat dich betrogen?

McMoney: Das ist die einzige Erklärung. Tut mir leid. Dennoch sollst du nicht den ganzen Schaden tragen, ich gebe dir die Hälfte von dem zurück was du mir bezahlst hat.

Polly: Süßes Schätzchen.

Erzähler: Weder Käpt’n Roger noch sein Bootsmann sind überzeugt das McMoney die Wahrheit gesagt hat, aber sie können ihn nichts beweisen. Der Käpt’n kehrt an Bord zurück. Willy dagegen geht am Ufer der großen Bucht spazieren die sich dem Hafen anschließt. Er will im Meer baden. Da sieht er einen Mann der vollbekleidet auf einem Balken liegt und langsam auf das Ufer zutreibt. Willy springt ins Wasser und schwimmt zu ihm.

Willy: Hey! Hallo fremder, ich helfe dir.

Don Carlos: Ja Señor, bitte, ich schaffe es nicht allein.

Willy: Bleib nur auf den Balken liegen, ich schiebe dich zum Ufer.

Don Carlos: Oh, uno Mirakel, es ist ein Wunder das ich noch lebe.

Willy: Wer bist du? Und woher kommst du?

Don Carlos: Ich bin Don Carlos Detargo Nemontekazim erster Offizier der Madonna, die heute Nacht von Piraten überfallen und geentert wurde. Und du, Amigo?

Willy: Ich bin Willy, Bootsmann der Schwartz Hai. Don Carlos also?

Don Carlos: Don Carlos Detargo Nemontekazim.

Willy: Muss ich jeden Mal dein ganzen Namen runterleiern wenn ich dich anspreche?

Don Carlos: Nein nein, Don Carlos genügt weil du mir Leben gerettet hast. Gracias, Muchas Gracias, vielen Dank.

Willy: Finde ich auch, Don Carlos. Du kannst von deinem Balken runtersteigen, hier kannst du stehen. Komm, ich helfe dir.

Don Carlos: Gracias, danke, danke.

Willy: Du sagst die Madonna ist überfallen worden, ist sie untergegangen?

Don Carlos: Nein, nur die erste Kanonenkugel traf das Schiff. Ich wurde zur Seite geschleudert und fiel über Bord. Neben mir schlugen die anderen Kugeln im Wasser ein aber ich verblieb unverletzt.

Willy: Ach, und was war das für ein Schiff das die Madonna angegriffen hat? Konntest du das erkennen?

Don Carlos: Ich bin mir nicht sicher.

Willy: Was vermutest du? Hast du den Namen lesen können der am Bug stand? Nun sag schon.

Don Carlos: Si si, ich glaube sie war die Cannonball.

Willy: Das Schiff des Gouverneurs? Aber… das ist ja kaum zu glauben. W-w-warum sollte Breitseit die Madonna überfallen haben?

Don Carlos: Weil die Madonna Gold nach Europa bringen sollte. Ich glaube es war noch niemals zuvor so viel Gold am Bord eines Schiffes, wie jetzt an Bord der Madonna.

Erzähler: Bootsmann Willy bringt den ersten Offizier der Madonna zu Käpt’n Roger und erzählt ihn was er erfahren hat. Der Käpt’n der Schwartz Hai ist empört. Das Gouverneur Breitseit ihm die fette Beute vor der Nase weggeschnappt hat ist eine Beleidigung für ihn. Bei seiner Piratenehre, das kann er nicht auf sich sitzen lassen.

Roger: Gouverneur Breitseit also? Ausgerechnet er. Ich bin empört.

Don Carlos: Also ganz sicher bin ich mir nicht, Capitán, aber doch so ziemlich.

Roger: Breitseit hat das Gold, es ist nicht zu fassen. Er ist ein Seeräuber übelster Sorte.

Don Carlos: Es könnte natürlich auch sein das der Gouverneur die Madonna unter seinen Schutz gestellt hat.

Roger: Unter seinem Schutz? Ha ha ha, das ich nicht lache. Hätte die Madonna die Insel passiert und wäre auf die freie See hinausgefahren, hätte niemand sie noch aufhalten können.

Don Carlos: Das ist allerdings wahr.

Roger: Nun Don Carlos, was denken sie zu tun?

Don Carlos: Ich möchte ihnen ein Angebot machen, Capitán Roger.

Roger: Ich höre.

Don Carlos: Helfen sie mir die Madonna zurück zu holen, die Mannschaft zu befreien und wenigsten einen Teil des Goldes zu retten.

Roger: Warum sollte ich das tun?

Don Carlos: Weil ich ihnen als Lohn dafür 10% der Beute geben werde.

Roger: Ha ha ha, 10%, sie machen Witze, Don Carlos. Ich verlange 50% des Goldes das wir zurückholen, und keine Unze weniger.

Don Carlos: 50%? Das ist zu viel, Capitán.

Roger: Dann vergessen sie ihr Angebot, ich bin nicht interessiert.

Don Carlos: Uh, 25%.

Roger: Unter 50% läuft bei mir gar nichts.

Don Carlos: Also gut, gut, 50%.

Roger: Ha! Dann bin ich ihr Mann, Don Carlos. Wir machen Breitseit die Hölle heiz. Wir nehmen ihn die Madonna, die Gefangenen und das Gold wieder ab. Rumpott, die Segel setzen!

Rumpott: Ay ay, Käpt’n. Alle Mann an Deck! Wir laufen aus! In die Wanten Leute. Setzt die Segel!

Erzähler: Die Winde stehen ungünstig, die Schwartz Hai muss kreuzten um nach La Sabatina zu kommen, der Insel auf der der Gouverneur wohnt. Dafür braucht sie beinahe zwei Tage. Was kann doch inzwischen alles geschehen sein? In einer abgelegenen Bucht setzt Käpt’n Roger ein kleines Kommando ab, es steht unter dem Befehls des Steuermannes Rumpott. Auch Bootsmann Willy gehört dazu.

Rumpott: Hoffentlich hat uns niemand beobachtet.

Willy: Ja, das wäre unangenehm.

Rumpott: Los Leute, wir gehen, die anderen kehren zur Schwartz Hai zurück. Ich gebe Signal wenn wir Unterstützung brauchen.

Willy: Ja, wir zünden zwei Feuer am Ufer an, wie abgemacht.

Rumpott: Damit wäre alles klar. Los, ab.

Piraten: Ay ay, Steuermann. Viel Glück, wir hauen ab.

Rumpott: Können wir gebrauchen.

Erzähler: Vorsichtig durchdringen die Piraten die Wildnis um auf kürzten Weg nach Port Royal zu kommen. Nach etwa eine Stunde durchqueren sie dürres Buschland.

Willy: Mir wäre es lieber gewesen wir wären bei Dunkelheit an Land gegangen.

Rumpott: Ach, ist mir egal. Haltet die Augen offen, wird schon klappen.

Willy: Was meinst du Rumpott, ob Don Carlos weist wer wir sind?

Rumpott: Darauf kannst du dich verlassen, der Mann ist nicht dumm. Er weiß dass er sich mit Piraten einlässt. Aber eine andere Möglichkeit an das Gold zu kommen hat er nicht.

Willy: Achtung! Soldaten auf Pferden.

Rumpott: In die Büsche, Leute. Und runter mit den Köpfen, schnell. Seit ganz still.

De Martinez: Deughah! Warum schießt du?

Soldat: Ich dachte da wäre jemand in den Büschen versteckt.

De Maritnez: Ach, du dummer, das war nur ein paar Papageien, keine Piraten. Du musst ruhig bleiben. Es hat doch keinen Sinn auf alles zu schießen was sich bewegt, häh.

Soldat: Ich schieße lieber einmal mehr als einmal zu wenig, Leutnant De Martinez. Der Gouverneur rechnet damit dass Piraten auf die Insel kommen. Wenn ich einen von ihnen sehe schieße ich eben.

De Martinez: Tsk, tsk, tsk, nur keine Panik, es hätte auch ein harmloser Fisher oder Fallensteller sein können.

Soldat: Ah, das nächste Mal bin ich vorsichtiger.

De Martinez: Weiter!

Rummpott: Das war knapp. Ein Glück das er uns nicht gesehen hat.

Willy: Gouverneur Breitseit scheint nervös zu sein. Er hat Angst um das viele Gold das er erbeutet hat.

Erzähler: Als Steuermann Rumpott, Willy und die anderen Piraten Port Royal erreichen ist es Dunkle geworden. In den Straßen patrouillieren Soldaten, an ihnen vorbei schleichen sie sich zu dem Obsthändler Skip, der ihnen schon einige Male geholfen hat wenn sie auf La Sabatina waren.

Rumpott: Bevor du anfängst zu erzählen, Skip, gib mir einem Rum, ich verdurste.

Skip: Daran soll es nicht liegen.

Rumpott: Ah, das tat gut. Und nun, was weist du?

Willy: Wer hat die Madonna gekapert?

Skip: Die Cannonball, Orh hor hor hor horh. Aber sie hat die Madonna nicht gekapert. Sie hat sie wegen der ihr überall drohenden Gefahren von Seiten der Piraten unter ihren Schutz genommen.

Willy: Aber es ist geschossen worden. Die Madonna wurde beschädigt.

Skip: Ein bedauerliches Versehen, denn versenken wollte man die Madonna ganz sicher nicht, so lange das Gold noch an Bord ist. Die anderen Schüsse gingen absichtlich daneben, wie es heißt. Man wollte die Madonna nur stoppen.

Rumpott: Dieser Gauner, er lügt das Blaue vom Himmel hinunter um an das Gold der Madonna zu kommen.

Skip: Die Madonna hat zurückgeschossen, dabei wurde die Cannonball beschädigt.

Willy: Wie bitte? Zurückgeschossen? Häh, Skip, das ist eine Lüge.

Skip: Ich war zwar nicht dabei, aber ich weiß es besser, denn die Cannonball liegt jetzt in der Werft. Dort sollen die Schäden behoben werden. Die Madonna muss also geschossen haben.

Erzähler: Willy und Rumpott sehen sich kurz an. Skip muss sich irren, oder die Cannonball ist aus einem anderen Grund in die Werft. Don Carlos hätte ihnen doch bestimmt erzählt wenn die Madonna zurück geschossen hätte. Doch sie schweigen.

Willy: Und was ist jetzt mit der Madonna?

Skip: Sie liegt ganz in der Nähe in einer Bucht. Ho ho ho ho, falls du daran denken solltest dich an das Gold heran zu machen, dann schlage dir das aus dem Kopf. Es ist nie ein Schiff besser bewacht worden als die Madonna. An die kommt niemand heran.

Willy: Ich muss ins Fort Rasselsword.

Rumpott: Ich verstehe, du willst zu deiner Süßen Camilla.

Willy: Genau das, Rumpott. Wartet hier auf mich.

Erzähler: Willy verlässt das Haus des Obsthändlers. Vorsichtig geht er durch die nächtlichen Straßen von Port Royal. Immer wieder muss er sich in einem Hauseingang verstecken. Überall sind Soldaten, und er weiß das sie sofort Schießen wenn sie ihn entdecken. Doch es geling ihn ungesehen zu Fort Rasselsword zu kommen und durch die versteckte Mauerlücke zu schlüpfen. Er wirft kleine Steine an das Fenster von Camilla und wenig später kommt sie zu ihm in den Garten.

Camilla: Ah, Willy, ich bin ja so froh das du gekommen bist, obwohl es sehr leichtsinnig von dir war.

Willy: Warum leichtsinnig? Wegen der vielen Soldaten?

Camilla: Ja. Sie haben den Befehl sofort zu schießen wenn sie sich bedroht fühlen. Und diese Feiglinge fühlen sich immer bedroht.

Willy: Und das alles nur weil dein Onkel die Madonna unter seinen Schutz genommen hat, wie er es nennt.

Camilla: Hmm, deswegen auch, aber das ist nicht das wichtigste. Mein Onkel erwartet besuch aus Europa.

Willy: Aha.

Camilla: Ein Mitglied der königlichen Familie wird mit einer kleinen Flotte für ein paar Stunden nach Port Royal kommen.

Willy: Wie unangenehm für den Gouverneur. Man könnte ihn auf die Schliche kommen und ihn die goldenen Pfründe nehmen.

Camilla: Man kann überhaupt nicht mehr mit ihn reden, er ist einer Panik nahe. Er befürchtet dass ruchbar wird was er mit der Madonna gemacht hat.

Willy: Das könnte allerdings schlimm für ihn werden.

Camilla: Ah ja. Er wäre nicht länger Gouverneur und er müsste außerdem mit einer Strafe rechnen.

Willy: Hmh, also wird er irgendwas unternehmen.

Camilla: Ja, er muss etwas tun. Er kann nicht einfach nur abwarten. Och, wenn ich nur wüste was er vorhat.

Willy: Komm, wir gehen rein. Vielleicht erfahren wir was.

Camilla: Nein, das geht doch nicht. Willy, wenn die Soldaten dich entdecken Erschießen sie dich. Mein Onkel ist unberechenbar.

Willy: Er hat Angst, das verstehe ich. Dennoch gehen wir ins Haus, du wirst schon dafür sorgen dass man mich nicht entdeckt. Komm.

Camilla: Wenn du meinst.

Erzähler: Furchtlos betritt Bootsmann Willy die Höhle des Löwen. Camilla durchleidet 1000 Ängste, aber sie schleust ihn an die Wachen vorbei in einen kleinen Raum, der direkt neben den Salon liegt. Durch ein kleines Fenster können sie Gouverneur Breitseit sehen, er sitzt an einem Tisch und vertilgt einen gebratenen Truthahn.

Camilla: Das ist Leutnant De Martinez, bestimmt will mein Onkel mit ihn sprechen.

Willy: Ja, es scheint wir sind gerade zur rechten Zeit gekommen.

Camilla: hmmhmm.

De Martinez: Euer Gnaden, ich stehe ihnen zur Verfügung.

Breitseit: Gut, De Martinez, sehr gut.

De Martinez: Ja.

Breitseit: Setzen sie sich.

De Martinez: Ja, danke.

Breitseit: Hören sie jetzt.

Breitseit: Das Gold der Madonna muss verschwinden, zumindest vorübergehend.

De Martinez: Ja, bis der Königliche Besuch wieder abgereist ist, jawohl Sir.

Breitseit: Ich habe eine geniale Idee, sie ist meiner wahrhaft würdig.

De Martinez: Davon bin ich überzeugt.

Breitseit: Wir tauchen den Bleiballast der Cannonball gegen das Gold aus. Die arbeiten dazu haben bereits begonnen.

Erzähler: Willy stockt der Atem als er hört welchen Plan der Gouverneur ausgeheckt hat. Die Idee ist tatsächlich verblüffend gut. Jedes Schiff führt tief unten im seinen Bauch großen Mengen von Blei mit sich damit es ruhig im Wasser liegt und auch nicht bei einem Sturm nicht so ohne weiteres umkippt.

Willy: Wahrhaft genial, das muss ich ihn lassen.

Camilla: Mmmh.

De Martinez: Wann soll das geschehen?

Breitseit: Heute Nacht. Die Spanier werden eine lange Kette bilden und das in kleine Beutle verpacktes Gold von der Madonna zu der Cannonball bringen. Unsere Soldaten werden sie dabei bewachen.

De Martinez: Oh, das ist schwierig, euer Gnaden. Im Bereich der Schiffswerft müssen sie durch einen niedrigen Gang kriechen oder sie müssen einen weiten Umweg um den Bergkegel herum machen.

Breitseit: Sie müssen durch den Gang, anders geht es nicht. Ha ha, sollen sie doch auf allen vieren kriechen, mir ist das egal. Hauptsache sie bringen das Gold zur Cannonball.

De Martinez: Und was geschieht danach mit der Besatzung der Madonna?

Breitseit: Wir machen kurzen Prozess mit denen. Morgenfrüh stelle ich sie vor ein Gericht, ich werde sie der Piraterie überführen und hinrichten lassen.

De Martinez: Ach, ist das nötig, euer Gnaden?

Breitseit: Unumgänglich. Ich kann keine Zeugen unsere… Ausrutschers gebrauchen.

De Martinez: Eh, jawohl Sir.

Breitseit: Schlimm genug das viele Soldaten davon wissen.

De Martinez: Und die Madonna?

Breitseit: So bald das Gold von Bord ist schleppen wir sie auf die See hinaus und …ëh… versenken sie. Damit wäre dann alles in Ordnung.

De Martinez: Oh, genial, euer gnädigster, aller gnädigster Gnaden.

Breitseit: Ja ja ja ja, genau das sagte ich. Genial, ja. Sorgen sie dafür dass alles so klappt wie ich es geplant habe und ihnen ist die Beförderung sicher. Ich meine, sie warten schon viel zu lange darauf, mein Freund, nicht wahr?

De Martinez: Oh ja. Ich wäre ihnen außerordentlich dankbar, euer Gnaden. Ja, ja.

Breitseit: Ja ja ja ja, es reicht. Nun kommen sie, wir müssen noch einige Einzelheiten mit den Offizieren besprechen.

Camilla: Das ist unglaublich.

Willy: Er wird De Martinez nie befördern.

Camilla: Nein, er verspricht es ihn immer nur. Und der Leutnant ist dumm genug jedes Mal drauf reinzufallen. Oh, was wirst du tun?

Willy: Ich werde auf jeden Fall verhindern dass die Besatzung der Madonna hingerichtet wird.

Camilla: Ja, du muss die Männer befreien, ihnen darf nichts geschehen.

Willy: Wir werden tuen was wir können, Camilla. Leider haben wir nicht viel Zeit. Schon Morgen muss alles erledigt sein, oder es ist zu spät.

Camilla: Och, ich schäme mich so für meinem Onkel.

Willy: Das brauchst du nicht. Erst sag mir nur was das für einen Gang ist den die Männer von der Madonna das Gold hindurch reichen sollen.

Camilla: Komm mit nach neben an, dort habe ich eine Karte von Port Royal und der Werft. Darauf kannst du alles genau erkennen.

Erzähler: Eilig geht Willy zum Obsthändler Skip zurück, wo Rumpott und all die anderen in fröhlicher Runde zusammen sitzen. Doch die Stimmung ändert sich schlagartig als die Männer erfahren um was es geht. Einige von ihnen laufen zur Küste uns zünden die Feuer als Signal für die Schwartz Hai an. Und es dauert nicht lange bis Käpt’n Roger bei den Obsthändler Skip auftaucht.

Willy: Hallo Käpt’n, endlich.

Roger: Willy, wo sind die gefangenen? Wer bewacht sie? Wie können wir sie befreien? Hast du dich herumgestehen oder hast du hier auf der faulen Haut gelegen?

Polly: Faulpelz! Hole Nuss! Faule Haut!

Willy: Sei still Polly, wir sind nicht zu Witzen aufgelegt.

Polly: Süßer schlaf. (Gähnt)

Willy: Also Käpt’n, die Besatzung er Madonna ist in einer Schlucht hinter Fort Rasselsword. Ich hab mir schon was einfallen lassen wir wir sie befreien können.

Roger: Dann raus damit.

Willy: Wir werden ein Feuerwerk veranstalten, wie es aussieht erzähle ich dich später. Zunächst benötigen wir viel Pulver, Papier und Zündschnüre.

Roger: Sollst du haben. Weiter, was noch?

Willy: Vorher was anderes, das Gold wird heute Nach an Bord der Cannonball gebracht. Deshalb liegt das Schiff des Gouverneurs in der Werft, und nicht etwa weil es beschädigt ist.

Roger: Das Gold, das ist wichtiger als die Gefangenen. Gibt es eine Möglichkeit es Breitseit wegzunehmen?

Willy: Eine sehr gute sogar. Pass auf, die Männer von der Madonna bilden eine lange Kette von der Madonna zur Cannonball. Einer reicht das in rote Beutel verpackte Gold an den andere weiter bis es auf der Cannonball landet. Auf dem Gelände der Werft führt die Menschenkette durch einen unterirdischen Gang.

Roger: Ja, und?

Willy: Hör genau zu Käpt’n, dieser Gang führt unter einem Gewölbe hindurch. Darin wird das Blei der Werft gelagert das als Ballast an die Schiffe kommt.

Roger: Ja, und?

Willy: Das Gewölbe ist unbewacht.

Roger: Deshalb verstehe ich noch lange nicht. Was hat das mit dem Gold zu tun?

Willy: Das will ich dir ja gerade erzählen. Also hör zu, wir werden in das Gewölbe….

Erzähler: Unter erheblichen gefahren schleichen sich Käpt’n Roger und seine Leute auf das Gelände der Werft. Hier liegt von zahlreichten Fackeln erleuchtet die Cannonball. Sie wird scharf bewacht. Niemand aber achtet auf das Bleigewölbe. Unbemerkt können die Piraten dort eindringen. Bootsmann Willy beobachtet noch das Geschehen auf der Werft und folgt den anderen etwas später.

Polly: Nicht so faul, Jungs! Har har hahahaha.

Roger: Die Burschen sollen graben und sich beeilen.

Rumpott: Willy ist jetzt auch da.

Roger: Das hat lange gedauert Willy, was ist los?

Willy: Die Spanier bilden zwei lange Ketten von der Madonna bis zur Cannonball. Sie werden scharf bewacht, nicht einmal eine Maus könnte den Soldaten entkommen.

Rumpott: Zwei ketten? Warum das?

Willy: Ganz einfach, Rumpott, die eine Kette befördert das Gold von der Madonna zur Cannonball, und die andere das in blaue Beutel Blei von der Cannonball zu der Madonna.

Rumpott: Ach so, ich verstehe.

Roger: Dann sind die Spanier also direkt unter uns, beide Ketten. Wie weit sind wir?

Rumpott: Wir sind durch. Sieh selbst Käpt’n, der Gang liegt offen vor uns. Die Spanier sehen uns an als kämen wir von einer anderen Welt.

Willy: Carlos, jetzt sind sie an der Reihe.

Roger: Ja, dort unten sind ihre Männer, Don Carlos. Schnell, reden sie mit ihnen. Sie müssen bereifen was wir vorhaben, ohne ihre Hilfe geht es nicht.

Don Carlos: Sie können sich auf mir verlassen Señores. Ihr da unten, hört ihr mich? Hier ist Don Carlos Detargo Nemontekazim, wer ist dort unten im Gang?

Juan: Ich bin’s Don Carlos, Juan Saragossa, der kanonier. Wir dachten sie seien tot.

Don Carlos: Wie du siehst lebe ich noch. Hör zu Juan, wir haben einen Plan. Wir wollen das Gold Retten und wir wollen euch alle befreien.

Juan: Ah! Ich will es gleich den anderen erzählen, Señor.

Don Carlos: Sei vorsichtig Juan, damit die Soldaten des Gouverneurs nichts merken.

Juan: Was soll ich tun, Señor?

Don Carlos: Wenn die Beutel mit dem Gold kommen gibt sie zu uns herauf.

Juan: Aber das geht nicht Don Carlos, draußen sind überall Soldaten, sie werden sofort etwas tuen wenn das Gold nicht ankommt.

Don Carlos: Ho hoho, nur nicht so ängstlich Juan. Wir nehmen das Gold aus dem Beutel und tauschen es gegen Bleu um, dann bekommst du den Beutel zurück, und gibst ihm weiter zur Cannonball.

Juan: Das verstehe ich nicht, Señor.

Don Carlos: Ha ha, das brauchst du auch gar nicht, Hauptsache du tust was wir von dir verlangen.

Juan: Si Si Señor, Ich gehorche.

Don Carlos: Gut. Wann geht es los?

Juan: Jetzt, das Gold kommt.

Don Carlos: Gut so, gut. Gib es rauf zu uns, Beutel für Beutel.

Erzähler: Durch das Loch im Boden reich der Canonnier das Gold nach oben. Käpt’n Roger und seine Männer nehmen es rasch aus dem Roten Beutel, legen blei dafür hinein, und reichen den Beuten wieder nach unten. Juan nimmt ihn entgegnen und gibt ihn weiter. Genauso geschieht es mit allen weiteren Goldbeuteln die kommen.

Spanier: Hauruck, Hauruck…

Roger: Ach, es funktioniert.

Willy: Nicht Gold wandert in die Cannonball sondern Blei. Die Soldaten achten nur darauf dass es rote Beutel sind.

Roger: Ja und von dorthin kommt in blauen Beuteln das Blei das zur Madonna gebracht werden soll.

Willy: Aber das nehmen wir heraus und füllen Gold hinein. Und nun wandert nicht Blei zur Madonna, sondern das Gold kehrt dorthin zurück. Die Soldaten sehen blaue Beutel uns Schöpfen keinen Verdacht.

Roger: Schade nur das Breitseit verschiedene Beutel für Blei und Gold verwendet. Alles wäre viel einfacher wenn sie die gleiche Farbe hätten.

Don Carlos: Señor Capitán, für das viele Gold das sie als Anteil erhalten werden können sie ruhig ein wenig arbeiten, hmm?

Polly: Arbeiten Käpt’n! Faulpelz! Galgenstrick!

Erzähler: Es ist wirklich eine harte Arbeit. Gold und blei sind schwer und die Männer müssen schnell sein, denn es darf keine Pause einträten. Sie arbeiten Stunden um Stunden, es ist eine ungeheure Menge Gold die bewegt werden muss. Langsam neigt sich die Nacht ihrem Ende zu.

Von der Terrasse seines Palastes in Fort Rasselsword aus beobachtet Gouverneur Breitseit das Geschehen im Hafen. Er genießt gerade ein umfangreiches Frühstück mit allen Köstlichkeiten der Insel La Sabatina. Als die Sonne aufgeht kommt Leutnant De Martinez voller Stolz zu ihm.

De Martinez: Ich wünsche euer Gnaden einen guten Appetit. Hä hä hä.

Breitseit: Ja ja ja, danke, danke Leutnant. Dann, wie weit sind wir?

De Martinez: Ah, es ist fasst Geschäft, Gouverneur, geraden in diesen Minuten werden die letzten Goldbarren von der Madonna auf die Cannonball gebracht und dort als Ballast abgelegt.

(Die beiden lachen)

Breitseit: Welsch ein Geniestreich. Ha ha, Leutnant, also sie können sicher sein das sie befördert werden. Wahrscheinlich werden sie Gouverneur auf einer der Inseln weiter oben in Norden.

De Martinez: Euer Gnaden, ich weiß nicht was ich sagen soll.

Breitseit: Danken sie mir später Leutnant. Und noch etwas.

De Martinez: Ja?

Breitseit: Da alles so wundervoll geklappt hat…

De Martinez: Ja?

Breitseit: Lasse ich auch über Camilla mit mir reden.

De Martinez: Oh, Camilla.

Breitseit: Ja ja ja, ich weiß doch das sie ein Auge auf meine schöne Nichte geworfen hat.

De Martinez: Nicht nur eins.

Breitseit: Wenn sie Gouverneur werden dann sind sie eine brauchbare Partie für sie.

De Martinez: Oh, ich danke ihnen, ich, ich danke ihnen sehr.

Breitseit: Schon gut, De Martinez; schon gut. Aber nun zum Tagesgeschäft.

Breitseit: Sehen sie mal aufs Meer hinaus, nehmen sie mein Fernglas.

De Martinez: Ah, anders herum.

Breitseit: Ëh?

De Martinez: Ja, euer Gnaden.

Breitseit: Was sehen sie?

De Martinez: Drei Schiffe am Horizont, Sir.

Breitseit: Unser königlicher besuch. Die Schiffe werden in Laufe des Tages hier eintreffen. Der Wind weht nur schwach, und deshalb werden sie noch einige Stunden benötigen bis sie hier sind.

De Martinez: Ah, das macht die Lage schwierig, wir haben den Besuch eigentlich erst morgen erwartet.

Breitseit: Richtig.

De Martinez: Was machen wir mit den Gefangenen und der Madonna?

Breitseit: Wir müssen schnell und entschlossen handeln.

Breitseit: In einigen Stunden muss alles erledigt sein. Zeitplan: 8 Uhr Kriegsgericht und Verurteilung der Gefangenen.

Breitseit: 9 Uhr, Hinrichtung der Gefangenen.

Breitseit: 10 Uhr, versenken der Madonna.

De Martinez: Hu huhu, sie können sich auf mich verlassen, euer Gnaden. Der Zeitplan wird eingehalten.

Breitseit: Das muss er auch. Schließlich wollen wir unserem königlichen Besuch einen angenehmen Aufenthalt bieten.

Erzähler: Die spanischen Gefangenen sind müde und erschöpft. Sie werden von dem Soldaten in die Schlucht zurückgebracht in der ein Lager für sie errichtet worden ist. Doch unter Büschen und hinter Felsen sind Käpt’n Roger und seine Piraten versteckt. Sie haben inzwischen noch viele Feuerwerkskörper zusammen gebastelt. Auch sie sind müde, aber sie sind bereit zu kämpfen.

Willy: Käpt’n, wie lange wollen wir noch waten?

Roger: Nicht so ungeduldig Willy, gleich.

Willy: Hoffentlich klappt alles.

Polly: Arbeiter! Ahahaha.

Willy: Leise!

Roger: Los Leute, gibt ihnen Zunder! Feuer!

Piraten: Feuer! Feuer! Feuer!

(Das Feuerwerk kracht.)

Polly: Arschloch! Señor, Mast und Beinbruch!

Erzähler: Die Feuerwerkskörper krachen, heulen und pfeifen und machen einen fürchterlichen Lärm. Das Echo in der Schlucht verstärkt ihn noch. So haben die Soldaten den Eindruck als würden sie von einer überlegenden Macht von allen Seiten zugleich angegriffen worden.

Willy: Auf sie! Nimmt ihnen die Waffen weg!

Don Carlos: Flieht Compadres, zur Madonna. Ja zur Madonna!

Spanier: Lauft! Lauft!

Juan: Flieht zur Madonna.

Roger: Ha ha ha, sieht dir das an Willy. Die Soldaten des Gouverneurs rennen weg. Dein plan war gut.

Willy: Die Spanier schaffen es, sie brauchen unsere Hilfe nicht mehr, Käpt’n. Wir müssen zurück zur Schwartz Hai.

Roger: Ja, du hast Recht. Wir ziehen uns zurück.

Erzähler: Die Spanier stürmen zur Madonna und stechen sofort mit ihr in See. Gouverneur Breitseit kann sie nicht verfolgen, denn seine Soldaten sind in alle Winde zerstreut. Als es Leutnant De Martinez endlich gelingt eines der schiffe klar zu machen sind die Spanier längst verschwunden. Die Schwartz Hai begleitet die Madonna zur Piraten Insel. Schon am Nächsten Morgen gehen die beiden Schiffe in einer Bucht versteckt vor Anker. Dort liegen sie friedlich neben einander und alle können sich ein wenig erholen.

Pirat: Rauf geht’s.

Roger: Rumpott!

Rumpott: Ay ay Käpt‘n?

Roger: Wo ist Willy? Ich habe den Bootsmann schon seit Stunden nicht mehr gesehen. Er soll sofort zu mir kommen.

Rumpott: Ich habe ihn auch schon gesucht. Er ist nicht an Bord.

Roger: Nicht an Bord? Was soll das heißen?

Rumpott: Das Willy auf Sabatina nicht mit an Bord gegangen ist. Könnte sein das die Soldaten ihn erwischt hat. Ich weiß nicht genau.

Roger: Er ist noch auf La Sabatina? Das wollen wir nicht hoffen.

Rumpott: Wenn er Breitseit in die Hände fällt geht es ihn schlecht.

Roger: Ja, aber er muss sich allein durchbeißen. Wir können nichts für ihn tuen. Komm jetzt, wir gehen zur Madonna rüber.

Erzähler: Da die Schiffe direkt neben einander liegen können Käpt’n Roger und sein Steuermann mühelos von der Schwartz Hai auf das spanische Goldschiff hinüber steigen. Don Carlos empfängt sie.

Don Carlos: Ich habe sie bereits erwartet, Señores. Leider ist unser Capitán noch nicht aufgestanden. Er ist krank, und fühlt sich sehr sehr schwach. Daher werde ich ihnen ihren Anteil an dem Gold geben.

Roger: Ha ha, genau deswegen sind wir hier, Don Carlos.

Erzähler: Mit seinem funkelten Auge blickt Käpt’n Roger Don Carlos an. Längst hat ihm das Goldfiber gepackt. In dieser Nacht har er keine Sekunde lang geschlafen. Und jetzt steigt er voller Freude mit dem Spanier in dem Bauch des Schiffs hinab um seinen Beuteanteil in Empfang zu nehmen.

Willy hat es nicht geschafft an Bord der Schwartz Hai zu kommen. Er musste sich vor einigen Soldaten verstecken, danach war es zu spät. Jetzt ist er im Port Royal. Er hat beobachtet wie die drei Schiffe der königlichen Flotte fest gemacht haben. Nun steht er mit dem Obsthändler Skip zusammen in der Menge Neugieriger neben der Cannonball.

Skip: Willy! Der königlicher besuch geht von Bord.

Willy: Tatsächlich, es ist der Prinz. Er scheint sich für die Cannonball zu interessieren. Breitseit ist bei ihm, er ist kreidebleich.

Skip: Irgendjemand muss den königlichen besuch einen Tipp gegeben haben.

Willy: Richtig, sonst würde er sich nicht für die Cannonball nicht interessieren. Vieleicht einer der Soldaten oder einer von der Werft der Breitseit eins auswischen will. Raffgierige Menschen wie der Gouverneur haben viele Feinde.

Skip: Du hast Recht. Er hat viele Mitwisser und einer von ihnen wird geplaudert haben. Da! Breitseit und der Prinz steigen auf das Schiff und geht unter Deck.

Alter Mann: Hahahaha, jede Wette, Skip, das der Prinz genau Bescheid weiß.

Willy: Ja, sieht ganz so aus als wolle er sich den Ballast der Cannonball ansehen.

Skip: Ah, das wird schlimm für den Gouverneur. Wir sollten uns lieber verdrücken. Wer weiß wie Breitseit reagiert wenn er dort unten im Schiff nicht Gold findet sondern nur Blei.

Willy: Ich bleibe, ich will wissen wie es weiter geht.

Erzähler: Auf der Piraten Insel wird fleißig gearbeitet. Die Piraten helfen den Spaniern die Madonna zu reparieren. Und dann ist es so weit, das Goldschiff macht sich bereit auszulaufen um die weite Reise über den Ozean anzutreten, da gleitet ein kleines Segelboot in die Bucht.

Polly: Mast und Beinbruch!

Roger: Polly du Dummkopf. Wie oft hab ich dir schon gesagt es heißt Mast und Schottbruch.

Polly: Dummkopf! Käpt’n Hohlkopf!

Don Carlos: Ich fürchte der Papagei lernt es nicht, Capitán. Oder es ist ein besonders schlaues Tier. Hu hu hu.

Roger: Argh, ein gefiederter Teufel ist er. Ich werde den Smutje sagen er soll ihn in die Pfanne hauen.

Polly: Mit Knoblauchsoße.

Roger: Genau. Smutje…

Rumpott: Käpt’n! Willy ist da! Unser Bootsmann kommt!

Roger: Was ist das? Verzeihen sie Don Carlos, das ist die Nachricht auf der ich drei Tage lang gewartet habe. Kommen sie.

Erzähler: Die Piraten strömen zusammen, alle wollen Willy begrüßen, denn er ist bei allen sehr beliebt. Dass er es geschafft hat zur Piraten Insel zu kommen begeistert sie.

Polly: Schätzchen, bist du da?

Roger: Ja Polly, er ist da. Ein Teufelskerl, er hat es doch tatsächlich geschafft.

Willy: Ahoi Käpt’n! Kannst du noch einen Bootsmann gebrauchen?

Roger: Komm an Bord Willy! Junge wie wir auf dich gewartet haben.

Erzähler: Käpt’n Roger ist außer sich vor Freude, Willy ist ihn ans Herz gewachsen wie ein eigener Sohn. So kann er es kaum erwarten dass der Bootsmann an Bord kommt. Dann aber schließt er ihn seine Arme.

Roger: Willy, Junge, ich fürchte schon du schaffst es nicht.

Willy: Hä hä hä, Käpt’n, ich wollte doch nur wissen wie es weitergeht in Port Royal. Deshalb bin ich noch etwas geblieben.

Don Carlos: Gouverneur Breitseit hatte einen schweren Stand fürchte ich.

Willy: Und ob. Hä hä, ihr glaubt es nicht, der königliche Besuch hat die Cannonball besichtigt, und Breitseit war ganz schön blass.

Roger: Ha, das kann ich mir denken.

Rumpott: Ho ho ho, gönne ich ihm.

Roger: Erzähle, was ist passiert?

Willy: Der königlicher Besucher muss von dem Handstreich gegen die Madonna erfahren haben. Er ging in die Cannonball weil er offensichtlich glaubte dort das Gold zu finden.

Roger: Und Breitseit?

Willy: Der schwitzte Blut und Wasser. Er war überzeugt dass nun das schreckliche Ende seine Karriere erleben und alles Gold verlieren würde.

Roger: Und? Erzähle noch weiter!

Willy: Breitseit sah hunderten von roten Beuteln in der Cannonball liegen. Doch dann öffnete jemand einen von diesen Beuteln und fand nur Blei darin.

Roger: Ja, und Breitseit?

Willy: Er war als Gouverneur gerettet, aber bestimmt einer Ohnmacht nahe. Ich habe gesehen wie er von Bord kam, es hätte nicht viel gefehlt und er hätte sich auf den königlichen Besucher gestützt.

Piraten: Das hätte ich sehen müssen. Breitseit ist erledigt.

Roger: Ha ha ha, das schlimmste ist, Breitseit weiß vermutlich gar nicht wo das Gold geblieben ist.

Willy: Ah, dazu habe ich noch etwas zu sagen. Soll ich euch es erzählen?

Pirat: Ja, erzählt schon Willy!

Willy: Also hör zu. Ich bin durch die bekannte Lücke der Mauer vor Fort Rasselsword geschlüpft und habe mit Camilla gesprochen. Ich traf sie im Garten hinter dem Palast.

(Rückblende)

Camilla: Willy? Wie kannst du es wagen jetzt noch hier her zu kommen? Das ist viel zu gefährlich für dich.

Willy: Ich musste kommen, Camilla.

Camilla: Warum? Was ist denn so wichtig? Mein Onkel ist außer sich, er hat es gerade so noch geschafft den königlicher Besucher zu verabschieden, dann hat er sich in seiner Gemächer zurückgezogen und grollt seitdem.

Willy: Umso besser. Dann können wir in Ruhe mit einander reden.

Camilla: Nein, eben nicht. Leutnant De Martinez ist ebenfalls außer sich vor Wut und Enttäuschung natürlich. Er sollte befördert werden, aber er weiß dass jetzt nichts daraus wird

Willy: Dein Onkel gibt ihn die Schuld an der Geschichte. Und dabei hab ich sie.

Camilla: Ja, ich weiß. Aber wie um alles in der Welt habt ihr das Gold verschwinden lassen?

Willy: Das, liebe Camilla, habe ich dir hier aufgeschrieben.

Camilla: Oh?

Willy: Lies es und legt es dem Gouverneur auf dem Schreibtisch.

Camilla: Wart mal, ich muss einen Blick darauf werfen. Ihr habt…ahah! Aber das ist ja unglaublich. Fantastisch, was für ein streich.

Willy: Und ein noch größeren ist es den Gouverneur jetzt zu sagen wie wir ihn hereingelegt haben.

Camilla: Du hast Recht, er hat es nicht anders verdient. Ich leg ihm den Brief auf dem Schreibtisch, er muss ihn lesen.

(Ende von Rückblende, die Piraten Lachen.)

Erzähler: Don Carlos, Käpt’n Roger und die Männer von der Schwartz Hai schütteln sich vor Lachen als sie diesen Bericht gehört haben. Jetzt erst macht ihnen der Beutezug so richtig Spaß.

Roger: Der Gouverneur? Sag doch schon Willy, hat er den Brief gelesen? Weis er jetzt wie wir ihm das Gold gestohlen haben?

Willy: Und ob er das weiß. Ich habe selbst gesehen wie er zur Bleikamme auf der Werft gerannt ist. Als ob der Teufen hinter ihn her wäre.

Roger: Dann hat er das Loch im Boden also gesehen.

Willy: Ja, er weiß Bescheid. Zurück zum Palst ist er nicht ganz so schnell gelaufen.

Roger: Und dann?

Willy: Er hat getobt, er hat gebrüllt und mit Tellern um sich geworfen.

Roger: Wie schade dass die Bewohner von Port Royal nicht wissen wie sehr wir Breitseit geleimt haben.

Willy: Wieso glaubst du dass sie es nicht wissen?

Roger: Sie Wissen es? Von wem?

Willy: Käpt’n, kennst du mich immer noch nicht? Ich hab dafür gesorgt dass jeder in Port Royal erfährt was passiert ist. Noch nie zuvor hat man dort gelacht wie in diesen Tagen. Breitseit ist blamiert biss auf die Knochen.

Don Carlos: Großartig, Señores, ich freue mich das ich ihnen begegnet bin, wenn es mich auch sehr weil Gold gekostet hat.

Willy: Und wir wünschen ihn eine gute Heimreise, Don Carlos.

Roger: Bringen sie das Gold nach Europa. Oder sollen wir es vorsichtshalber unter unseren Schutz nehmen?

Don Carlos: Nicht nötig, Capitán, wir stechen in See. Es wird Zeit das ich nach Spanien komme und dort werde ich berichten was hier geschehen ist.

Roger: Tuen sie das Señor. Ich bin sicher ganz Europa wird über Gouverneur Breitseit, ha ha, lachen!

Ende!

EDIT: Somehow my post got broken. Fixing it now... All the formatting got removed.

Ok, fixed now. Phew!

Are there any scans of the later Ninja story info? I have the first Ninja Mania Magazine, and I seem to remember the bit about the Princess and the Emperor...those collector cards that came with the minifigure sets, maybe?

The Ninja theme is split into two parts; the 1998 sets involved the Samurai (blue) and Robber (red) factions, with the Samurai being led by Shogun Gi-Dan and the grey ninja Ito, and the Robbers being led by Chief Kendo and the black ninja Bonsai. Here's the LEGO Mania magazine where they were introduced. LEGO Adventures magazine did things a little differently, though, with multiple grey and black ninja and a different minifigure as the leader of the Robbers.

Either way, the 1999 sets almost completely did away with the previously introduced Samurai and Robber factions, and only involved one new faction as said earlier, without much conflict shown in the sets. The new LEGO Mania magazine story, though, said something completely different, though it still didn't involve the 1998 story.

(Heh, funny, we're discussing Ninja in a Pirates topic...)

Also, I'm not sure if you're aware of this site yet or not, but it's very useful, lots of great scans (though sometimes the links are broken and it can take a bit of guesswork to view things):

http://www.miniland....e lezen eng.htm

Some other useful links, several are more or less on the same subject but I though I'd link to them anyway:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=498930

http://www.brickshel...llery.cgi?m=tkf

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=2585

http://www.rockraide...e-translations/

http://www.rockraide...ntures-issue-6/

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=5947 (downloads for these are down now but the people and websites involved are still active, I'll ask around a bit and see where they're at)

http://biomediaproject.com/

Edit - Tazakk just sent me this link, turns out the downloads are still online but not linked to: http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/files/LEGO/gfx/LegoManiaMagazine/

The scans of the Pirate comic are here, and I've just posted the Space comic you mentioned here. I only have the first part of the Castle comic, and I don't have the issue with me. :cry_sad: But I will try to post scans when I get it. Sadly, these seem to be the only comics in the series, though it clearly inspired the later Mania Magazines comic. (Though sadly, the art was never as epic.)

Thanks for the scans! The Space comic folder isn't public yet, but I'll check back on it later.

Ah, here we go. The final story. Though I think I'll wait for your own translation, instead of relying on Google Translate.

Edited by jamesster

Well, let’s finish this.

The golden Ship

Narrator: In the darkness of the night the Dark Shark, captain Roger’s pirate ship, sneaks up on the galleon Madonna. This ship is supposed to sail a load of gold from the American main land through the Black Reef to Europe. The fence McMoney sold this information to captain Roger for a lot of money. And amazingly at the specified time the lookout sees the gold ship from the crow’s nest of the dark Shark.

Lookout: Ship ahoy; there is a ship to the southwest!

Roger: It’s the Madonna, she is coming, slow and lumbering because she is filled to the brim with gold.

Will: Now I see her as well. She is heading straight towards us.

(Cannon fire sounds.)

Pirates: Hey! Who is that? Who is shooting at the Madonna? What is this supposed to mean, captain? Someone is out there! Heh! There is another ship to the side of it. Someone is stealing our booty.

Roger: This can’t be true.

Will: We are not the only ones who have snuck up on the Madonna.

Roger: Damn it. Can anyone see who the others are?

Will: Sorry captain, I can only see that it’s a very large ship. Bigger than our Dark Shark.

Narrator: Every time the cannons on the other ship fire long flames shoot out of the cannon muzzles. The flames light up the side of the ship and its sails. Then, as the cannons go quiet, everything returns to darkness.

Roger: Do you think it’s the barracuda?

Will: Hmm, it could be.

Popsy: Fire and brimstone. Ohohohoh argh.

Roger: If only we could see better.

Will: The other ship is now right next to the Madonna.

Roger: Bloody pirates. They are boarding my ship, they are taking my gold. Honourless scoundrels!

Will: Captain, we should leave. The booty is lost to us and we can’t get into a fight, the other ship is far superior.

Roger: Yes yes, you are right. But I ask you Will, who else did McMoney sell the information to?

Will: You think McMoney has betrayed us?

Roger: I’m sure of it. But he will be mistaken; I’ll show that dirty character that he can’t pull those tricks with me.

Popsy: Pirate! Gallows noose!

Roger: We’ll retreat. Rummy, set course for the pirate village.

Rummy: Ay ay, captain. Set course for the pirate village.

Narrator: At dawn the Dark Shark returns to the safe harbour of the pirate village. They have barely anchored before captain Roger and bosun Will rush to McMoney’s store where you literally can buy or sell anything. Gold, silver, jewellery, weapons, gunpowder or information, McMoney has everything, knows everything.

(Captain Roger knocks on the door and a dog barks.)

Roger: McMoney! Get out here, now! I have to talk to you. Come out already!

McMoney: Captain Roger, why are you making so much noise?

Roger: You haven’t heard anything yet, I’m just getting started. I only have the right hand left, you see? Left I have an iron hook. But let fate take my healthy hand if you aren’t a swindling dog.

McMoney: Me? A swindler? Captain, I object to that. No one on this island is more honest than I am.

Roger: There was another ship. It took my gold.

McMoney: And? Why is that my fault?

Roger: You didn’t only sell me the information that the galleon was coming, you also sold the information to someone else. Probably captain Foul.

McMoney: Captain, I’m outraged, how can you accuse me of something like that? You can’t accuse me of doing something that mean.

Will: And where did the other ship come from then? Eh?

Popsy: Cheater! Swindler!

Will: How did the crew know about the galleon?

McMoney: Think about it Will, I have also bought the information.

Popsy: The little sweetie.

McMoney: After all, I was not on the mainland myself, but someone else was.

Roger: And you are saying that he swindled you?

McMoney: It’s the only explanation. I’m sorry. You should still not take all the damages though; I’ll give you back half of what you paid.

Polly: Little sweetie.

Narrator: Neither captain Roger or bosun Will are convinced that McMoney is telling the truth, but they cant prove anything to him. The captain returns to the ship. Will instead takes a walk along coast of the bay that lays up to the harbour. He wants to go swimming in the ocean. Then he seen a man who fully dressed is lying on a beam that slowly drifts towards the beach. Will jumps into the water and swims out to him.

Will: Hey! Hello stranger, I’ll help you.

Don Carlos: Yes señor, I can’t make it on my own.

Will: Just stay on the beam, I’ll push you to the beach.

Don Carlos: Oh, uno miracle, it’s a miracle that I’m still alive.

Will: Who are you? And where do you come from?

Don Carlos: I’m Don Carlos Detargo Nemontekazim first officer of the Madonna, which was attack and boarded by pirates last night. And you, amigo?

Will: I’m Will, bosun of the Dark Shark. So Don Carlos it is?

Don Carlos: Don Carlos Detargo Nemontekazim.

Will: Do I have to list off all you names every time I want to talk to you?

Don Carlos: No no, Don Carlos is enough because you have saved my life. Gracias, muchas gracias, thank you very much.

Will: That’s what I thought, Don Carlos. You can get down from the beam now, you can stand here. Come, I’ll help you.

Don Carlos: Gracias; thank you, thank you.

Will: You said that the Madonna was attacked, did it sink?

Don Carlos: No, only the first cannonball hit the ship. I was thrown to the side and fell overboard. The other cannonballs hit the water next to me, but I remained unharmed.

Will: Oh, and what kind of ship was it that attacked the Madonna? Could you see that?

Don Carlos: I’m not sure.

Will: What do you suspect? Could you read the name that was written on the bow? Tell me.

Don Carlos: Si si, I believe it was the Cannonball.

Will: The governor’s ship? But… I can almost not believe it. W-w-why should Broadside have attacked the Madonna?

Don Carlos: Because the Madonna should bring gold to Europe. I don’t think there has ever been so much gold on a ship, as there was on the Madonna.

Narrator: Bosun Will brings the first officer of the Madonna to captain Roger and tells him what he has heard. The captain of the Dark Shark is outraged. That governor Broadsde has stolen the fat loot from right under his nose is an insult to him. By his pirate honour, he can’t let that pass unpunished.

Roger: So it was Governor Broadside? It just had to be him. This is outrageous.

Don Carlos: I’m not completely sure, capitán, but I am pretty sure.

Roger: Broadside has the gold, I can’t believe it. He is a pirate of the worst kind.

Don Carlos: It could of cause also be that the governor has put the Madonna under his protection.

Roger: Under his protection? Ha ha ha, don’t make me laugh. Had the Madonna passed the island and sailed out to the open sea no one would have been able to stop her.

Don Carlos: That is also true.

Roger: Well, Don Carlos, what do you want to do?

Don Carlos: I want to make you an offer, capitán Roger.

Roger: I’m listening.

Don Carlos: Help me to get the Madonna back, free the crew and at least save some of the gold.

Roger: Why should I do that?

Don Carlos: Because I will pay you 10% of the loot.

Roger: Ha ha ha, 10%, you must be joking, Don Carlos. I demand 50% of the gold we retrieve, and not an ounce less.

Don Carlos: 50%? That’s too much, capitán.

Roger: Then forget about your offer, I’m not interested.

Don Carlos: Uh, 25%.

Roger: I’ll do nothing for less than 50%.

Don Carlos: Alright, alright, 50%.

Roger: Ha! I’m your man, Don Carlos. We’ll turn up the heat under Broadside. We’ll take the Madonna, the prisoners and the gold away from him. Rummy, set the sails!

Rummy: Ay ay, captain. All men on deck! We are setting off! To the rigging, men. We are setting sails!

Narrator: The winds are not in their favour, the Dark Shark has to crisscross to get to La Sabatina, the island where the Governor lives. It almost takes her two days. What can all have happened menwhile? In a remote bay captain Roger sets off a little commando unit, it is led by helmsman Rummy. Bosun Will is also part of the party.

Rummy: I hope no one has been watching us.

Will: Yes, that would get unpleasant.

Rummy: Come on men, we’re walking, the others return to the Dark Shark. I’ll signal when we’ll need reinforcements.

Will: Yes, we’ll light two fires on the beach, just like we agreed on.

Rummy: That makes everything clear. So, let’s go.

Pirates: Ay ay, helmsman. Good luck, we’re leaving.

Rummy: We’re going to need it.

Narrator: Carefully the pirates push through the wilderness to take the shortest route to Port Royal. After about an hour they are crossing dry bush land.

Will: I would have preferred that we had stepped onto land during darkness.

Rummy: I don’t care. Keep your eyes open, and then it’ll work out.

Will: What do you think Rummy, do you think Don Carlos knows who we are?

Rummy: You bet he does, the man is not stupid. He knows that he is working with pirates. He has no other options to get the gold.

Will: Watch out! Soldiers on horses.

Rummy: Get to the bushes, men. And keep your heads down, hurry. Be completely quiet.

De Martinet: Deughah! Why are you shooting?

Soldier: I thought I saw someone hiding in the bushes.

De Martinet: Oh, you fool, that was just a couple of parrots, not pirates. You have to stay calm. It is of no use to shoot at everything that moves, huh.

Soldier: I’d rather shoot one time too many than one time too few, Lt. De Martinet. The governor is expecting pirates to come to the island. If I see one of them then I’ll shoot.

De Martinet: Tsk, tsk, tsk, don’t panic, it could also have been a harmless fisher or trapper.

Soldier: Ah, the next time I’ll be more careful.

De Martinet: Keep going!

Rummy: That was close. It’s good that he didn’t see us.

Will: Governor Broadside appears to be nervous. He fears for the large amounts of gold that he has captured.

Narrator: As helmsman Rummy, Will and the other Pirates reach Port Royal it had become dark. Soldiers are patrolling the streets, the pirates sneak past them to the fruit seller Skip, who already has helped them a few times when they have been on La Sabatina.

Rummy: Before you start talking, Skip, give me a rum, I’m dying from thirst.

Skip: That’s not a problem.

Rummy: Ah, that hit the spot. And now, what do you know?

Will: Who has captured the Madonna?

Skip: The Cannonball, Orh hor hor hor horh. But she didn’t capture the Madonna. She took the Madonna under her protection because of the ever present pirate threat.

Will: But there was a fire fight. The Madonna was damaged.

Skip: An unfortunate accident, because they probably didn’t want to delay the Madonna, as long as the gold is on board. The other shots intentionally missed, as it is said. They only wanted to stop the Madonna.

Rummy: That crook, he is lying through his teeth to get his hands on the gold of the Madonna.

Skip: The Madonna returned fire, the Cannonball was damaged.

Will: What? Returned fire? Huh, Skip, that is a lie.

Skip: I wasn’t there, but I know better, the Cannonball is in the shipyard. The damages are being repaired there. The Madonna must have opened fire.

Narrator: Will and Rummy briefly look at each other. Skip must be wrong, or the Cannonball must be at the shipyard for another reason. Don Carlos would probably have told them if the Madonna had returned fire. But they stay quiet.

Will: And what is up with the Madonna?

Skip: She is in a bay close by. Ho ho ho ho, if you were thinking about getting your hands on the gold, better forget it again. No ship has ever been as heavily guarded as the Madonna. No one gets close to her.

Will: I have to get into Fort Rasselsword.

Rummy: I understand, you want to go to your lovely Camilla.

Will: Just that, Rummy. Wait here for me.

Narrator: Will leaves the fruit merchant’s home. Carefully he walks through the nightly streets of Port Royal. He has to hide in a house entrance again and again. There are soldiers everywhere, and he knows that they will shoot immediately if they spot him. But he succeeds at getting to Fort Rasselsword unseen and gets through the hidden hole in the wall. He throws pebbles at Camilla’s window and a little later she comes down to him in the garden.

Camilla: Ah, Will, I’m so happy that you came, even if it was rather reckless of you.

Will: Why reckless? Because of the many soldiers?

Camilla: Yes. They have the orders to shoot immediately if they feel threatened. And those cowards always feel threatened.

Will: And all of this just because your uncle has taken the Madonna under his protection, as he calls it.

Camilla: Hmm, also that, but that is not what is most important. My uncle expects visitors from Europe.

Will: Aha.

Camilla: A member of the royal family will stay in Port Royal with a little fleet for a few hours.

Will: How unpleasant for the governor. Someone could get on to him and take away his golden source of income.

Camilla: You can’t talk to him at all, he is close to panicking. He fears that it will be discovered what he has done with the Madonna.

Will: That could certainly end badly for him.

Camilla: Oh yes. He would not be governor anymore and he would also have to expect a punishment.

Will: Hmh, so he will do something.

Camilla: Yes, he has to do something. He just can’t wait it out. Oh, if I just knew what he was going to do.

Will: Come, we’ll go inside. Maybe we’ll get to know something.

Camilla: No, we can’t. Will, if the soldiers spot you they’ll shoot you. My uncle is unpredictable.

Will: He is scared, I understand that. Despite that we’ll still go inside; you will make sure that I won’t be spotted. Come.

Camilla: If you insist.

Narrator: Fearlessly bosun Will enters the den of the lion. Camilla suffers through a thousand fears, but she gets him past the guards into a little room, which is placed right next to the salon. Though a little window they are able to see governor Broadside, he is sitting at the table and is eating a roasted turkey.

Camilla: That’s Lt. De Martine, he probably wants to talk to my uncle.

Will: Yes, it seems that we came just at the right time.

Camilla: Hmmhmm.

De Martinet: Your honour, I’m at your service.

Broadside: Good, De Martinet, very good.

De Martinet: Yes.

Broadside: Sit down.

De Martinet: Yes, thank you.

Broadside: Now listen.

Broadside: The gold of the Madonna has to disappear, at least for a while.

De Martinet: Yes, until the royal visitor has left again, sir.

Broadside: I have a brilliant idea, it is truly worthy of me.

De Martinet: I’m convinced of that.

Broadside: We switch the ballast of the Cannonball out with the gold. The preparations for it have started already.

Narrator: Will skips a breath as he hears the plan that the governor has thought out. The idea is actually surprisingly good. Every ship carries large amount of lead deep in its belly so it stays steady in the waters and won’t capsize easily even during a storm.

Will: Truly brilliant, I have to give him that.

Camilla: Mmmh.

De Martinet: When will it take place?

Broadside: Tonight. The Spaniards will form a long chain and will bring the gold, which has been packed into little bags, from the Madonna to the Cannonball. Our soldiers will watch over them.

De Martinet: Oh, that’s difficult, your honour. In the shipyard’s area they have to crawl through a low corridor or the have to take a long way around the foot of the mountain.

Broadside: They have to get through the corridor, there is no other way. Ha ha, let them crawl on all four, I don’t care. The important thing is that they bring the gold to the Cannonball.

De Martinez: And what happens to the crew of the Madonna after that?

Broadside: We’ll make short work of them. Tomorrow morning I’ll put them on trial, I will convict them of piracy and have them executed.

De Martinet: Oh, is that necessary, your honour?

Broadside: It’s unavoidable. I can’t have any witnesses to our… slip up.

De Martinet: Eh, yes sir.

Broadside: It’s bad enough than many soldiers know of it.

De Martinet: And the Madonna?

Broadside: As soon and the gold is no longer on board well drag her out to sea and…eh…sink her. Then everything would be in order.

De Martinet: Oh, brilliant, your honourable, most honoured honour.

Broadside: Yes yes yes yes, that’s just what I said. Brilliant, yes. Make sure that everything works as I have planned and then your promotion will be sure. I mean, you have been waiting on it for so long, my friend, right?

De Martinet: Oh yes. I would be extraordinarily thankful to you, your honour. Yes, yes.

Broadside: Yes yes yes yes, that’s enough. Now come, we still have to talk about some details with the officers.

Camilla: This is unbelievable.

Will: He will never promote De Martinet.

Camilla: No, he always just promises it. And the lieutenant is dumb enough to fall for it every time. Oh, what will you do?

Will: I will certainly make sure that the crew of the Madonna won’t be executed.

Camilla: Yes, you have to free the men; no harm must come to them.

Will: We’ll do what we can, Camilla. Unfortunately we don’t have much time. Everything will have to be done by tomorrow, or it’ll be too late.

Camilla: Oh, I’m so ashamed of my uncle.

Will: You don’t have to. First tell me what corridor it is that the men from the Madonna have to reach the gold through.

Camilla: Come with me next door, there I have a map of Port Royal and the shipyard. There you can see everything precisely.

Narrator: Quickly Will goes back to the fruit vendor Skip, where Rummy and the others are sitting in jolly company. But the mood instantly changes as the men are told what is at stake. Some of the run to the coast and light the fires as a signal to the Dark Shark. And it doesn’t take long before captain Roger arrives at fruit vendor Skip’s house.

Will: Hello captain, about time.

Roger: Will, where are the prisoners? Who is guarding them? How can we free them? Have you been looking around or have you been sitting here on your lazy bum?

Popsy: Slug! Bird brain! Lazy bum!

Will: Be quiet Popsy, we don’t have times for jokes.

Popsy: Sweet sleep. (Yawns)

Willy: So captain, the crew of the Madonna is in a canyon behind Fort Rasselsword. I have already thought of a way how we can free them.

Roger: Then tell us.

Will: We will make a firework, what it is going to look like I’ll tell you later. First we’ll need a lot of gunpowder, paper and fuses.

Roger: You’ll get that. Go on, what more?

Will: Before that something else, the gold is brought aboard the Cannonball tonight. That is why the governor’s ship is in the shipyard, and not because it was damaged.

Roger: The gold, it is more important than the prisoners. Is there an opportunity to take it away from Broadside?

Will: Even a very good one. Listen up, the men from the Madonna form a long chain from the Madonna to the Cannonball. One passes the gold which has been packed into a red bag to the next until it ends aboard the Cannonball. On the shipyard’s territory the human chain goes through an underground corridor.

Roger: Yes, and?

Will: Listen carefully, captain, this corridor leads underneath a vault. In there the shipyard’s lead which is used as ballast on the ships is stored.

Roger: Yes, and?

Will: The vault is unguarded.

Roger: I still don’t understand it. What does this have to do with the gold?

Willy: That’s what I was just going to tell you. Listen up, we will go into the wault….

Narrator: While in considerable danger captain Roger and his men sneak into the shipyard’s territory. There the cannonball lays lit up by countless torches. She is closely guarded. But no one guards the lead vault. The pirates can get in there unnoticed. Bosun Will watches what is happening at the shipyard and follows the others a little later.

Popsy: Don’t be lazy, men! Har har hahahaha.

Roger: The guys must dig and hurry.

Rummy: Will is also here now.

Roger: That took you long Will, what was going on?

Will: The Spaniards are forming two long chains from the Madonna to the Cannonball. They are closely guarded, not even a mouse could escape the soldiers notice.

Rummy: Two chains? Why that?

Will: Pretty simple, Rummy, one of the chains carries the gold from the Madonna to the Cannonball, and the other carries the lead, which has been packed into blue bags, from the Cannonball to the Madonna.

Rummy: Oh, I understand now.

Roger: Then the Spaniards must be directly underneath us, both chains. How far are we?

Rummy: We are through. Take a look yourself captain, the corridor is open to us. The Spaniards are looking at us as if we came from another world.

Will: Carlos, now it’s your turn.

Roger: Yes, there are your men, Don Carlos. Quickly, speak to them. They must understand what we are going to do; our plan won’t work without their help.

Don Carlos: You can trust me, señores. You down there, do you hear me? This is Don Carlos Detargo Nemontekazim, who is down there in the corridor?

Juan: It’s me, Don Carlos, Juan Saragossa, the gunner. We thought you were dead.

Don Carlos: As you can see I’m still alive. Listen Juan, we have a plan. We want to save the gold and we want to free you all.

Juan: I’ll tell the other right away, señor.

Don Carlos: Be careful Juan, so the governor’s soldiers won’t notice.

Juan: What should I do, señor?

Don Carlos: When the bags with the gold comes give them to us up here.

Juan: I can’t do that Don Carlos, there are soldiers everywhere outside, and they will do something immediately if the gold doesn’t arrive.

Don Carlos: Ho hoho, don’t be so scared Juan. We’ll take the gold from the bags and switch it with lead, then you’ll get the bag back, and hand it on to the Cannonball.

Juan: I don’t understand señor.

Don Carlos: Ha ha, you don’t have to, the important thing is that you do as you are told.

Juan: Si si señor, I’ll obey.

Don Carlos: Good: When does it start?

Juan: Now, the gold is coming.

Don Carlos: Good, good. Give it to us up here, bag by bag.

Narrator: The gunner lifts the gold up through the hole in the ground. Captain Roger and his men quickly take it out of the bags, replace it with lead, and give it back to the people below. Juan takes it and sends it on. Exactly the same happens to all gold bags after that.

Spaniard: Heave ho, heave ho.

Roger: Ah, it works.

Will: Not gold is sent to the Cannonball but lead. The soldiers only make sure that its red bags.

Roger: Yes and from there comes the lead in the blue bags that should be brought to the Madonna.

Will: But we take that ourselves and replace it with gold. And now it’s not lead that arrives at the Madonna, but the gold returns to there. The soldiers see blue bags and don’t get suspicious.

Roger: It’s a pity that Broadside uses different bags for lead and gold. Everything would be so much easier if they had the same colour.

Don Carlos: Señor capitán, for the large amounts of gold you will receive as pay you will have to work a little, or what?

Popsy: Work captain! Lazy bum! Gallows noose!

Narrator: It is really hard work. Gold and lead are heavy and the men have to be quick, because there must be no pauses. They work hour after hour; it’s a humongous amount of gold that has to be moved. Slowly the night comes to an end.

From the terrace of his palace in Fort Rasselsword governor Broadside watches what is happening on the harbour. He is enjoying an extensive breakfast that has everything good that the island La Sabatina has to offer. As the sun rises lt. De Martinet comes to him filled with pride.

De Martinet: Bon appetit your honour. Ha ha ha.

Broadside: yes yes yes, thank you, thank you lieutenant. So, how far are we?

De Martinet: Ah, it is almost done, governor, just at this moment the last gold bars are brought from the Madonna onto the Cannonball and left there as ballast.

(Both of them laugh.)

Broadside: What a stroke of genius. Ha ha, lieutenant, you can be sure that you will be promoted. You’ll probably become governor of one of the islands up north.

De Martinet: Your honour, I don’t know what to say.

Broadside: You can thank me later lieutenant. And one thing more.

De Martinet: Yes?

Broadside: As it has worked so wonderfully…

De Martinet: Yes?

Broadside: I’ll be open for talk about Camilla.

De Martinet: Oh, Camilla.

Broadside: Yes yes yes, I know that you have had an eye on my beautiful niece.

De Martinet: Not just one.

Broadside: When you become governor you will become a useful party for her.

De Martinet: Oh, I thank you, I, I thank you a lot.

Broadside: Enough already, De Martinet, enough. But now to today’s business.

Broadside: Look out to the ocean, take my spyglass.

De Martinet: Ah, the other way around.

Broadside: Eh?

De Martinet: Yes, your honour?

Broadside: What do you see?

De Martinet: Three ships on the horizon, sir.

Broadside: Our royal visit. The ships will sail into the harbour during the day. The wind only blows weakly, so they will need a few hours before they arrive here.

De Martinet: Ah, that makes the situation a little difficult; we were first expecting the visitor to come tomorrow.

Broadside: Right.

De Martinet: What do we do with the prisoners and the Madonna?

Broadside: We have to act quickly and with determination.

Broadside: Everything has to be done in a few hours. Time schedule: 8 o’ clock, war trial and conviction of the prisoners.

Broadside: 9 o’ clock, execution of the prisoners.

De Martinet: Oh yes.

Broadside: 10 o’ clock, sinking of the Madonna.

De Martinet: Hu huhu, you can trust me, your honour. The time schedule will be kept.

Broadside: We have to. After all, we want to give the royal visitor a warm welcome.

Narrator: The Spanish prisoners are tired and exhausted. They are brought back to the canyon where a camp has been made for them by the soldiers. Captain Roger and his pirates are hiding in the bushes and behind the rocks. In the meanwhile they have made a lot of fireworks. They are also tired, but they are ready to fight.

Will: Captain, how long are we still going to wait?

Roger: Don’t be so impatient Will, in a moment.

Will: I hope everything works.

Popsy: Worker! Ahahaha.

Will: Quiet!

Roger: Come on men, we’ll give them hell! Fire!

Pirates: Fire! Fire! Fire!

(The fireworks are exploding.)

Popsy: egg dispenser! Señor, shiver my bones!

Narrator: The fireworks are exploding, howling and whistling and make an awful lot of noise. The echo of the canyon even intensifies it. This gives the soldiers the impression that they are being attacked by a superior force from all sides at once.

Will: At them! Take their weapons away!

Don Carlos: Flee compadres, to the Madonna. Yes to the Madonna!

Spaniard: Run! Run!

Juan: Flee to the Madonna.

Roger: Ha ha ha, take a look at this Will. The governor’s soldiers are running away. Your plan was great.

Will: The Spaniards are making it, they don’t need our help any more, captain. We have to get back to the Dark Shark.

Roger: Yes, you are right. We are retreating.

Narrator: The Spaniards are storming to the Madonna and immediately sail out to sea. Governor Broadside can’t follow them, because his soldiers are scattered to the winds. When lt. De Martinet finally succeeds at preparing one of the ships the Spaniards are long gone. The Dark Shark escorts the Madonna to the Pirate Island. Already the next morning the twos ships secretly throw anchor in a bay. There they float peacefully next to each other and everyone can relax a little.

Pirate: Up it goes.

Roger: Rummy!

Rummy: Yes, captain?

Roger: Where is Will? It has been hours since I have last seen the bosun. He shall come to me immediately.

Rummy: I have been looking for him as well. He is not on the ship.

Roger: Not on the ship? What is that supposed to mean?

Rummy: That Will didn’t get on board on Sabatina. Could be that the soldiers caught him. I don’t know exactly.

Roger: He is still on La Sabatina? I don’t hope so.

Rummy: If Broadside gets his hands on him it will end badly.

Roger: Yes, but he has to get through it on his own. We can’t do anything for him. Come on, we’ll walk over to the Madonna.

Narrator: Since the ships are right next to each other captain Roger and his helmsman are able to get over on the Spanish gold ship without any effort. Don Carlos greets them.

Don Carlos: I have been expecting you, señores. Unfortunately our capitán is not up yet. He is sick, and he feels very, very weak. That’s why I’ll give you your share of the gold.

Roger: Ha ha, that’s exactly why I’m here, Don Carlos.

Narrator: Captain Roger looks at Don Carlos with his twinkling eye. The gold fever grabbed him long ago. He didn’t even sleep for a second that night. And now he enters the belly of the ship with the Spaniard to receive his part of the loot.

Will missed the chance to get on board on the Dark Shark. He had to hide from a few soldiers, after that it was too late. Now he’s in Port Royal. He has watched how the 3 ships from the royal fleet have anchored. Now he stands alongside the fruit vendor Skip in the group of curious people next to the Cannonball.

Skip: Will! The royal visitor is walking off the ship.

Will: True, it’s the prince. He seems to be interested in the Cannonball. Broadside is with him, he is pale as chalk.

Skip: Someone must have given the royal visitor a tip.

Will: Right, otherwise he would not be interested in the Cannonball. Maybe it was one of the soldiers or someone from the shipyard who wants to get back at Broadside. Greedy people like the governor have lots of enemies.

Skip: You are right. He has a lot of witnesses and one of them must have talked. There! Broadside and the prince are getting on the ship and are going below deck.

Old man: Hahahaha, I’ll bet you, Skip, that the Prince knows exactly what he’s looking for.

Will: Yes, looks like he wants to take a look at the ballast of the Cannonball.

Skip: Ah, this is going to end badly for the governor. We should rather get out of here. Who knows how Broadside will react when he doesn’t find any gold down there, but only lead.

Will: I’ll stay, I want to know how this goes on.

Narrator: On the Pirate Island work is getting done. The pirates are helping the Spaniards repair the Madonna. The work is done, the gold ship gets ready to sail out on the long journey across the ocean, then a little sailboat sails into the bay.

Popsy: Shiver my bones!

Roger: Popsy you idiot. How often have I told you, its shiver my timbers.

Popsy: Idiot! Captain bonehead!

Don Carlos: I fear that the parrot won’t learn it, capitán. Or maybe it’s an especially smart animal. Hu hu hu.

Roger: Argh, he is a feathered devil. I will tell Flashfork to roast the bird.

Popsy: With garlic sauce.

Roger: Exactly. Flashfork…

Rummy: Captain! Will is here! Our bosun has arrived!

Roger: What? Sorry Don Carlos, these are the news I have been expecting for 3 days. Come.

Narrator: The pirates are gathering, everyone wants to greet Will, because he is loved by everyone. They are all thrilled that he made it to the Pirate Island.

Popsy: Honey, is it you?

Roger: Yes Popsy, it’s him. He’s one hell of a guy, he actually made it.

Will: Ahoy captain! Do you still have some use for a bosun?

Roger: Come on the ship Will! Boy have we been waiting on you!

Narrator: Captain Roger is overjoyed; he loves Will as if he was his own son. So he can barely wait for the bosun to get on the ship. Then he gives him a big hug.

Roger: Will, lad, I was afraid you weren’t going to make it.

Will: Ha ha ha, captain, I just wanted to see how the story went on in Port Royal. That’s why I stayed a little longer.

Don Carlos: I fear that governor Broadside had a hard time.

Will: You be he did. Ha ha, you won’t believe it, the royal visitor inspected the Cannonball, and broadside was pretty darn pale.

Roger: Ha, I can imagine that.

Rummy: Ho ho ho, I’ll let him have it.

Roger: Tell us, what happened?

Will: The royal visitor must have learned of the attack on the Madonna. He went into the Cannonball because he obviously expected to find gold there.

Roger: And Broadside?

Will: He was sweating blood and water. He was certain that he would experience the horrible end of his career and lose all the gold.

Roger: And? Keep on telling!

Will: Broadside saw hundreds of red bags lying in the Cannonball. But then someone opened one of the bags and found only lead in it.

Roger: Yes, and Broadside?

Will: His position as governor was saved, but he was probably close to passing out. I saw how he came out of the ship, a little more and he would have been leaning up against the royal visitor.

Pirates: I should have seen that. Broadside is finished.

Roger: Ha ha ha, the worst part is, Broadside probably doesn’t know where all the gold went.

Will: Ah, I still have something to say about that. Shall it tell you about it?

Pirate: Yes, tell already, Will!

Will: Listen up. I snuck through the hole you know in the wall around Fort Rasselsword and talked to Camilla. I met her in the palace garden.

(Flashback)

Camilla: Will? How dare you still come here? It is way too dangerous.

Will: I had to come, Camilla.

Camilla: Why? What is so important? My uncle is in a rage, he just barely manages to say goodbye to the royal visitor, and then he retired to his quarts and has been moping ever since.

Will: Even better. Then we can talk with each other in peace.

Camilla: No, we can’t. Lt. De Martinet is also brimming over with rage and disappointment of course. He should have been promoted, but now he knows that that won’t happen.

Will: Your uncle is blaming him for the affair. And I’m actually the one to blame.

Camilla: Yes, I know. But how on earth did you manage to make all that gold disappear?

Will: That, my dear Camilla, I have written down for you here.

Camilla: Oh?

Will: Read it and put in on the governor’s desk.

Camilla: Wait a minute, I have to take a look at this. You did…ahah! But that is unbelievable. Fantastic, what a prank!

Will: And it is an even bigger prank to now tell the governor how we tricked him.

Camilla: You are right, he has earned it. I’ll put the letter on his desk, he must read this.

(End of the flashback, the pirates are laughing.)

Narrator: Don Carlos, captain Roger and there others are shaking with laughter after they have heard Will’s story. Now they really think this raid has been a lot of fun.

Roger: The governor? Tell us Will, did he read the letter? Does he now know how we took the gold from him?

Will: You bet he does. I saw how he ran to lead vault at the shipyard. He ran as if the devil was chasing him.

Roger: Then he must have seen the hole in the floor.

Will: Yes, he knows. He didn’t run as fast back to the palace.

Roger: And then?

Will: He rages, he yelled and threw plates around.

Roger: It’s a pity that the people of Port Royal don’t know how badly we have tricked Broadside.

Will: Why do you think that they don’t know it?

Roger: They know it? From who?

Will: Captain, you still don’t know me? I made sure that everyone in Port Royal gets to know what has happened. They have never laughed as much as they do these days. Broadside is embarrassed beyond belief.

Don Carlos: Excellent, señores, I am happy to have met you, even if it did cost me a lot of gold.

Will: And we wish you a good journey home, Don Carlos.

Roger: Bring the gold to Europe. Or should we take it under our protection as a precaution?

Don Carlos: Not necessary, capitán, we’ll set out to sea. It’s about time that we return to Spain and there I will report what happened here.

Roger: To that señor. I’m sure all of Europe wants to, ha ha, laugh at Broadside!

The End.

Thank you again, Runamuck, for all your hard work in translating these stories. :) This one arguably anticipates the addition of the Imperial Armada into the Pirate theme, and gives us a glimpse at their relationship with the soldiers/Imperial Guards. Broadside obviously is not particularly inclined to treat them as allies, but his royal visitor from the motherland seems to be invested in keeping the peace. Roger/Red Beard gives no hint of his Spanish heritage here, though he does agree to help them for a price. (I suspect his relationship with the Admiral is more complicated than previously believed!)

Incidentally, this is the second time Broadside has received a royal visitor to Sabatina--these monarchs seem pretty hands-on. Did royals really visit the colonies like this in the 1600s and 1700s? I can't remember reading anything about it, but I'm no expert.

Broadside is worse than ever here, sentencing innocent Spaniards to death without a care and engaging in outright piracy himself. Seems his change of heart in the previous adventure was only temporary.

I love every time we get to see Skip again! For years I thought he was a one-shot character; it's great to see him reoccurring like this. :)

jamesster, thank you for the links! I'd run across most of those before, but I had no idea that one could access the miniland magazines with broken links--I thought they just hadn't posted those yet. Great stuff!

TC

Edited by TalonCard

Thanks for the translation! Interesting to see the Imperial Armada type stuff involved, also rather surprised at Broadside's plans in this one. Quite brutal, even compared his actions in previous stories. Thanks again!

Is there anyone out there who is better at Spanish than I am who could tell me how Don Carlos’ full name is supposed to be written? I know how it is said in the audio drama, but as I don’t know Spanish I can’t do anything but try and write the best phonetic spelling of it I can come up with.

It’s kind of funny when you look at the various types of LEGO Pirate media that there often are surprising amounts of consistency in some fields. One could almost suspect that there must have been some sort of production bible with profiles, character models and setting maps.

I was wondering if we should start a new thread for the Castle audio dramas, or if we should just post them here.

Edited by Runamuck

I live in Texas, and I've taken a bit of Spanish, but even after looking at the name several times I can't make much sense of it. Would it be possible for you to post an audio excerpt from that part of the audio drama? There may be a degree of pseudo-Spanish going on here, but I think if I could hear it it would help.

I had the same thought! I wish we could see how and why and what the original theme designers came up with. I understand that it was an uphill battle to get the theme produced as it is in the first place--there were serious talks about whether or not the skull and crossbones flag was acceptable for a LEGO set. Unfortunately, that piece of information came from a brief mention in an interview about Castle sets in Brickjournal. :p I've tried getting in touch with a few people who worked at Advance at the time, but no luck.

I think a new thread in the Castle forum would be the best bet--it would probably be of interest to lots more people there. (I'm really excited about these, BTW. :) )

TC

I’m unfortunately not very tech savvy, so I don’t know how to get the sound file from the CD’s onto my computer, let along make a little clip with Don Carlos saying his name. I have probably written his name in too few parts to begin with because he says it so fast. It should probably be separate something like Don Carlos De Targo Ne Monte Kazim. Maybe his last name is supposed to be spelled Cassim or Kasem though.

Edited by Runamuck

How unfortunate that I did not encounter this topic sooner! This is really incredible. Thank you, Runamuck, for all of the time an effort that you have put into translating these audio dramas.

This is something of a dream come true for me. Generally, LEGO stories are regulated to magazines and video games, which in some cases severely limits the amount that the story in the work can really be developed. But these audio dramas are really another thing altogether. Here we have an extensive series of stories that all contribute to and build off of one another. What is more, whoever/whomever wrote the stories very clearly put a lot of care into their work. In comparison to many other examples of LEGO media, the depth and complexity of the characters is phenomenal. The plots also tend to be strong, being composed of a plothole-free foundation upon which a generally exciting and creative story comes to life. The only time I felt things were majorly out of place was the short Aquazone scene in the final Time Cruisers drama. To me, it screamed of product placement without much other purpose, especially given how it was essentially redundant, as practically the same thing had already happened in the second drama.

Thank you once again. It was a great pleasure to be able to read these.

I would also like to comment on the other things that are referred to in this topic. I had seen your scans of the Peril in Pirate Cove portion of the Disney Adventures Magazine series, TalonCard, but your Brickshelf folder with scans of Encounter at Ice Station Odyssey and the first part of Castle of Doom were new to me. It is quite interesting how they work as clear predecessors to the Adventures of the LEGO Maniac comics that came about later. To be honest, I am rather glad that they decided to begin depicting the LEGO characters as minifigures later. The human versions are not disagreeable, exactly, but to me it feels unnatural to have humans populating the LEGO world. It is the same qualm I have with themes like Drome Racers and Exo-Force.

Returning to the Disney Adventures comics, I have to say the Castle one is rather perplexing. We have knights that are dressed as Dragon Masters that have Dragon Masters sets at their use, yet they call themselves Black Knights and align themselves against Majisto. But on top of that, Majisto has seemingly identical knights (although the crest on their shirts is altered) under his command. I wonder if this was explained in later installments, or if it was simply a move to include as many Dragon Masters sets as possible, with the hope that no one would notice the apparent division of a single faction.

It was nice to see more of Mack, by far the most elusive of the LEGO Maniacs. I had actually assumed that he was simply the result of an error made by whoever was producing the US Blacktron: Future Generation commercial (as up to now I had only heard of him in it. “Spaced out! Mack’s back!”). It seems that he was in fact an intentional character, and a companion to Jack.

As with regards to Runamuck, thank you for everything you have contributed, TalonCard!

In addition to all of that, thank you, jamesster, for linking to my MANIA Magazine and Adventures!/Homemade stuff, as well as for uploading the first Castle Kids comic. When I was reading through it initially, I kept thinking that a real model of Alma’s castle would be incredible. Then I reached the end and saw that there was indeed a real model, quite an impressive feat.

Oddly enough de Mauvais reminds me of Garth Raider/The Sheriff of Nottingham from Captain Indigo. I suppose it must be since they are both medieval officials that abuse their position. De Mauvais is obviously a much stronger character than the rather nonsensical Garth, though.

I think I may have strayed to some degree from the original topic, but I wanted to be able to comment on all of the great things linked to from here. Again, thanks to everyone! I will move over to the topic in LEGO Historic Themes now, but I thought this post should go here since otherwise it may seem out of context.

I'm newly discovering these gems from the history of LEGO Pirates and just wanted to sincerely thank @Runamuck for all the hard work in transcribing and translating these radio plays!

Since the videos that were uploaded to YouTube are no longer available (at least in the US they're blocked now) does anyone have a different source to listen to them? Videos or MP3s would be fine.

So... this happened...

I'm pretty excited to have been able to finally obtain all of the German radio play (hörspiel) cassettes! The original six from 1990, and then the two additional ones released in 1995.

PXL_20230508_234624388.thumb.jpg.8ff27aac7d657fe057fc4661b74a8034.jpg

14 hours ago, PxChris said:

I'm pretty excited to have been able to finally obtain all of the German radio play (hörspiel) cassettes! The original six from 1990, and then the two additional ones released in 1995. 

Congratulations on your acquisition!  :pir-huzzah2: