Julandrius

Project Floodtown

It took me 3 months to build, but I do feel like it's something to be proud of, so I present to you.

Project Floodtown

8237520543_0a9c34065f_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

Life was nice and peaceful a long time ago. But then came the flood, making everything different. Gangs broke loose and started to take over control. That's when the Militia came in, whoes job it was to protect humanity. Hah, yeah right. The Militia was even worse, killing everyone who stood between them and power they became the biggest threat in this city. Good people, my people, my friends, were killed or had to run away. Some people didn't feel like giving in, and they started the resistance, housed deep in the sewers and caves of the city. While life on the street got worse with the day.

We may not have it good, but we fight on, cause we know, some day this will all be over. We still have hope, and that's worth living for.

Edited by Julandrius

It is indeed something to be proud of! The angles of the roadway and half-collapsed buildings add a very un-lego irregularity to the layout. Most effective. The underground parts are a nice touch too.

If you dig post-apocalyptic SF type stuff in urban settings, I recommend the works of Paolo Bacigalupi. The background story to your MOC reminds me a bit of the books of his that I've read.

Edited by Martin_B

I , amongst many people were able to see this on saturday 26 of november , on the BELUG meeting ! I kept looking at this amazing piece of work !

The details were mindblowing and I hope to see more of you guys in the future, as simple as that ! I hope the advise I gave you helps you out a bit :wink:

grtz Saint

looks scaringly realistic... especially for one living below sea level ;)

Very cool diorama Julandrius! Very realistic, it reminds me of a something out of Halo 3: ODST... Either way the carnage is very detailed. Well done! :classic:

Impressive work :thumbup: :thumbup:

All of this MOC is great :wink:

Wow.

Excellent job! :wub:

I think you've nailed this. The entire layout is fantastic. Which is something you should be proud of! Not many people can build their own Layout, let alone build one this nice :grin:

The details are lovely, I impressed how you just didn't fill in the flood area, but you actually added a lot of details in there.

My only beef is the bottom right part in the basement - It's slightly distracting to have a white side, but then the cave starts off in darkbley... (minor nitpick, I assume you ran out of brick :wink:)

Great job :thumbup: