mistic192

"Goeiendag" ( Hello ) from Flanders!

Hello everybody!

Like probably most of you I've been a fan of LEGO since my childhood ( 30 yo now ). For years it was an addiction that I had perfectly under control, no LEGO in the house, and all my LEGO ready and waiting for me at my parent's place ( where we use it during our

).

Recently, "thanks" to Strikeman the addiction has reared it's beautiful head again... He took me to LEGO Fanwelt in Cologne last month and showed me the beauty of "The Official LEGO store" in the city centre... I bought a box of "BASIC" bricks, "just for fun".

We returned home that night and while we're out smoking a cigarette, we notice that my wife is digging through the pieces and building a tiny car...

it's now 2 weeks after that and as an introduction, I'll show you what happened...

2 days after LEGO Fanwelt, my wife drove to her parents' place to pick up "her" LEGO, which I built the next day "just to see if it was still complete"...

8247337812_ab72a6704a_z.jpg

A few days after that, our son went to bed a bit early, so we had a bit of 'free' time with the 2 of us, so we poured the "BASIC" box out on the table and had some fun:

8246270301_8e4c2cc9df_z.jpg

The past weekend, I drove to my parents' place to pick up the LEGO that was in "Teh Lair" ( see youtube video above ) and discovered that there had been a leak in the roof of "Teh Lair", thus requiring a thorough cleaning of all my LEGOs...

First Load + most BURPs drying:

8246270441_c64a797417_z.jpg

2nd & 3rd Load drying:

8247338474_54653ca233_z.jpg

Minifigstuff drying:

8246270829_5262d6c12c_z.jpg

Baseplate-stack:

8246271219_d7bc3b6912_z.jpg

Various windows etc ( stuff I washed by hand ):

8246271339_2fec9486f2_z.jpg

Quick street-layout with my "best" plates:

8246271059_dca5b04b97_z.jpg

I've got a huuuuuuge idea for a diorama in my mind, and I've even installed MLCAD already and I'm designing the first part of the diorama in it already, I'll keep you all updated on the progress in the relevant places once I get to know the layout of this place a bit :-D

Beside LEGO, my other passions are cars ( & anything related to them, from racing, over tuning to show-cars ) & video games ( see video above once again :p )

Finally, here's my Flickr photostream where you'll mostly find pics of cars, but since a few hours also the LEGO-pics included here and there will be more to come!

Kind regards,

mistic192

Wow... that's OOOOONE mancave you guys got in there! :sweet: hey! what is my cat doing there?? :wink:

That's a great introduction mistic :thumbup: See that there's a lot of nice stuff... you really must have spent hours to clean all of that... :thumbup:

Your wife must be a perfect female being... she tolerates your hobby, she likes it, and even plays with it by herself... is that a wonder woman or what :wink:

Paradiso.... :wub: it's obviously a little bit girlish theme, but I always wanted to have that... reminds me of the 80s, miami vice and stuff :wub: even though I didn't get a single set from this series, it still has an important place in my heart for many sentimental reasons

Anyway... Welcome to Eurobricks :thumbup:

Edited by Mazin

Wow... that's OOOOONE mancave you guys got in there! :sweet: hey! what is my cat doing there?? :wink:

Thanks! We host several 3-day-gaming events there each year, feel free to drop by ( follow @TehLair on twitter to stay up to date about the events hosted there ). The cat's name is Sonic, it was my cat at College, so he's about 10 years old now. He lives near "Teh Lair" and stays over the full 3 days everytime we host a EuroNARP :-)

you really must have spent hours to clean all of that... :thumbup:

yeah, 3 days of sorting, washing and drying... I want to go back in time to kick my younger self in the balls for taking such bad care of my LEGO :-) ( And my 2 younger brothers too, though they did contribute some _fine_ sets ( like "Fort Legoredo" and "The Bandits Hideout" from the Western-serie ).

Your wife must be a perfect female being... she tolerates your hobby, she likes it, and even plays with it by herself... is that a wonder woman or what :wink:

Lol, thanks!

And I didn't even mention her love of cars and racing yet ( you should see her on track, she's CRAZY )

Paradiso.... :wub: it's obviously a little bit girlish theme, but I always wanted to have that... reminds me of the 80s, miami vice and stuff :wub: even though I didn't get a single set from this series, it still has an important place in my heart for many sentimental reasons

ParadisA has some really nice pieces ( like the glass domes ), I hope she lets me incorporate them into my planned diorama :-)

Anyway... Welcome to Eurobricks :thumbup:

Thanks again! :-)

mistiiiiiiiiiiiiic welcome to the penultimate place to be for AFOLs :thumbup:

It's super that you joined up to the forum and I am not sorry at all to have taken you with me to FanWelt 2012, it was a great event and we had lots of fun !

Didn't think that it would ignite your LEGO flame again this fast, but I love it :grin: and I'm a bit jealous of your Western themed sets, I don't have any of those :cry_sad:

I look forward to seeing what you are about to build.

Welcome to Eurobricks ! :devil:

mistiiiiiiiiiiiiic welcome to the penultimate place to be for AFOLs :thumbup:

It's super that you joined up to the forum and I am not sorry at all to have taken you with me to FanWelt 2012, it was a great event and we had lots of fun !

Didn't think that it would ignite your LEGO flame again this fast, but I love it :grin: and I'm a bit jealous of your Western themed sets, I don't have any of those :cry_sad:

I look forward to seeing what you are about to build.

Welcome to Eurobricks ! :devil:

Yeah, THANKS A LOT! ( REALLY! ) :-D

So you will also be attending BeLUG events then?! Fanwelt was great indeed, we have been there one day. Enjoy your after the dark ages life and your stay at EB.com!!!

So you will also be attending BeLUG events then?! Fanwelt was great indeed, we have been there one day. Enjoy your after the dark ages life and your stay at EB.com!!!

If I can make it, there's a good possibility I'll join them :-) I'm sure Strikeman will keep up to date regardless :-)

Welcome to Eurobricks, Mistic.

Fanwelt was indeed 5 days of fun.

I hope you enjoy your new hobby!

First of all, those are some EPIC buildings on your flickr, am I right that I saw them at FanWelt or am I mistaking them for another builder?

Thanks for the welcome!