Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

[MOC] Elf Guards Of Mirkwood

In the midst of the Mirkwood forest runs an enchanted stream

closely guarded by elves that protect and repel any unwarranted visitors.

These elven guards patrol not only the forest floor,

but also the canopy with their uncanny ability to leap from tree top to tree top.

ElfGuardsOfMirkwood-a00-007EB.jpg

ElfGuardsOfMirkwood-a01-014EB.jpg

ElfGuardsOfMirkwood-a03-019EB.jpg

ElfGuardsOfMirkwood-a09-038EB.jpg

ElfGuardsOfMirkwood-a13-029EB.jpg

ElfGuardsOfMirkwood-a17-061EB.jpg

ElfGuardsOfMirkwood-a21-063EB.jpg

Entry to the CCCX contest for the Forest Life category.

AC

Interesting MOC. I was wondering what you were going to come up with for those Mirkwood archers. Very well done. I was actually thinking of creating something similar, only not for a contest. And my Elves weren't going to be able to jump across the tree-tops all Crouching Tiger style, but actually have hidden built in ladders/bridges above the tree tops that the people below couldn't see.

Either way, this is really clever and I always like seeing what you come up with. I like the trees and the water. I need to come up with a good stream for my layout sometime.

Keep up the good work. Good luck with your entry.

Awesome little scene, love the water flowing through. Great job with the trees, all the Mirkwood polybags certainly made this MOC a little easier. :wink:

Great moc, but having that many elf guards is just showing off :grin:

You have done a fantastic job with the canopy and the forest floor with the stream.

Well done :thumbup:

Is this moc based on middle earth mirkwood? Its very impressive I wish I had a creative mind like you and some of the other MOC builders on this site. My only suggestion if its bases of lotr is to make the stream black.

Interesting MOC. I was wondering what you were going to come up with for those Mirkwood archers. Very well done. I was actually thinking of creating something similar, only not for a contest. And my Elves weren't going to be able to jump across the tree-tops all Crouching Tiger style, but actually have hidden built in ladders/bridges above the tree tops that the people below couldn't see.

Either way, this is really clever and I always like seeing what you come up with. I like the trees and the water. I need to come up with a good stream for my layout sometime.

Keep up the good work. Good luck with your entry.

It wasn't intended to be a contest entry when I started it. Then I checked the CCCX categories and the MOC was a good fit for the Forest Life. I've considered bridges/ladders but since the footprint was just a 32x32 baseplate, there wasn't much room for that and would've been obscured anyway by the foilage.

Excellent forest scene, the elves look very at home :thumbup:

Exactly!

You did it again! Great Moc!

Non-SW this time.

Nice MOC and great use of Clikits parts :thumbup:

Yes, they are!

Awesome little scene, love the water flowing through. Great job with the trees, all the Mirkwood polybags certainly made this MOC a little easier. :wink:

If I probably got another dozen or so, then it would've been larger! Notice the direction of the flow by following the clear cheese slopes.

Great moc, but having that many elf guards is just showing off :grin:

You have done a fantastic job with the canopy and the forest floor with the stream.

Well done :thumbup:

If you look at the other thread, there are lots more members here that have gotten more than I did! Just lucky to have snagged a dozen and see if you can spot them all.

Is this moc based on middle earth mirkwood? Its very impressive I wish I had a creative mind like you and some of the other MOC builders on this site. My only suggestion if its bases of lotr is to make the stream black.

Loosely based on that and I wasn't going for story accuracy either. You've gotta start small and learn from the MOCs of the builders that you like. Just don't ask for instructions as I don't give them out as most of my builds are organic.

AC