Hi guys and gals! I'm fairly new to this forum and thought I would present myself alongside with my first moc after a very long dark age.

2,5 years ago I finally got my motorcycle licens at 30 years of age. I had accomplished one of my dreams.

The first one and a half year I drove about 20000km on my Street Triple R and this year I traded it in for a brand new Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200.

On that I went from Sweden through Europe to Croatia and back. I just love this bike, but I miss the simplicity of throwing my leg over a tiny and neat bike to go grab a coffea with my mates.

So when my friend asked my if I wanted to buy his fathers bike that had been stored since he passed away eight years ago I instantly said yes. It is a simple but fairly good looking Kawasaki KZ400 from 1982.The perfect bike for a short ride downtown to the coffeashop. And since I always seem to customize my stuff I began to plan to convert it to a street/dirttracker just for the fun of it.

So the fall came and I began to disassemble the bike and right now its in pieces on my livingroom floor... :tongue:

So how the heck did I get out from my dark age and started building this Lego-version of it?

Well ther is this woman I met this summer. A fantastic girl with to children that just loves Lego - and bang!! It just hit me how fun it used to be.. :classic:

So after some searching for my old collection and some Bricklink-orders later it is now finished.

First some pictures for comparison:This blue bike is the one I bought and began to strip from "unnecessary" parts..

kz400_01.JPG

kz400_02.JPG

kz400_03.JPG

And this bike get to symbolise what kind of look I want...

bs1.jpg

bs2.jpg

bs5.jpg

This is my KZ400 made out of lego:

KZ_tracker06.jpg

KZ_tracker07.jpg

KZ_tracker08.jpg

KZ_tracker09.jpg

KZ_tracker10.jpg

KZ_tracker11.jpg

KZ_tracker12.jpg

Since this is finished now, I'll guess I will continue with the next one - a chopper/bobber hardtail with shaft drive...

Cheers!

//Jonsson

Edited by Jonsson

I think you will like the new tires of 42007 - They will look perfect on this motorcycle. Btw, it looks good!

Where are those bike builders come from all of a sudden? :classic:

Very cool bike!

I love the engine made of stud parts but so smooth...

Post pics of your full size bike when done!

Cool, nice colour, however it has way too much rake on the forks. It looks like a V-rod front end!

I think you will like the new tires of 42007 - They will look perfect on this motorcycle. Btw, it looks good!

Where are those bike builders come from all of a sudden? :classic:

Very cool bike!

I love the engine made of stud parts but so smooth...

Post pics of your full size bike when done!

Welcome to the forums, and great bike!

tim

Nice bike,welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum! Great looking bike. You've done a nice job blending studded and studless parts together.

Hi Jonsson, and welcome to the Eurobricks community. Awesome MOC!

Cool, nice colour, however it has way too much rake on the forks. It looks like a V-rod front end!

Thank you all for the warm welcome and all the kind words! :)

And yes I'm really looking forward to the new tires from the 42007 set!

As for the rake - I'm aware of that it aint perfect and I'm working on a solution. As you have mentioned in your own threads, I also find that this is one of the more diffucult things to get right when buidling a smaller or more compact bike..:)

But isnt calling it a V-rod stretching it a bit.. :wink:

Edited by Jonsson

Sweet bike man :thumbup:

As others have said, the new knobby tyres would suit it perfect.

one day i will post up a pic of the Honda CB400-4 i been working on for ages.....i gotta stop changing stuff LOL

That bike looks very good. :classic:

I like how "clean" it looks; many details, but less enough to not make it look messy

:thumbup: :thumbup:

But isnt calling it a V-rod stretching it a bit.. :wink:

Haha ok, I take it back. The rest of the bike is really good though!

By the way, welcome to the small comunity of the worlds Technic Builders. Great to see another bike builder, and a real biker too.

The Triumph Tiger adventure sounds fun! I can't wait to ride Europe. I have a Hyosung 650 streetfighter.

Anyway, here are some of my rake solutions which you may implement into your model if you so wish

Rake.jpgRake_2.jpg

V4_F_3.jpg

Haha ok, I take it back. The rest of the bike is really good though!

By the way, welcome to the small comunity of the worlds Technic Builders. Great to see another bike builder, and a real biker too.

The Triumph Tiger adventure sounds fun! I can't wait to ride Europe. I have a Hyosung 650 streetfighter.

Anyway, here are some of my rake solutions which you may implement into your model if you so wish

Rake.jpgRake_2.jpg

Thanks Kierna, you've given me some ideas on how to solve the rake-issue. I hope I will be able to post some images tomorrow! :)

Edited by Jonsson

@Jonsson: Hey, necroing thread for offtopic longshot, have you still got the rear chrome fender to your z400? I'm in Stockholm, Sweden, looking for one. Created an account to ask you but I'm not allowed to PM (yet?).

Heffe, welcome.

You cant send PM until you have 10 posts. Try to make 10 good and reasonable posts, though.

You could have also tried to contact the builder via the link he provided, to avoid activating old topic.