Sign in to follow this  
Mr Benn

MOD: Olivia's Modular House

indexed.gif B-RM-10D gallery_15845_212_1480.png

Hi Everyone - just wanted to share my quick conversion of the Friends Olivia's House into a simple yet effective modular standard design instead!

Pleasingly the house is already the right width and already designed to stack... although there are a distinct lack of stairs and back of the house - this MOD is pretty much a simple amalgamation of two Olivia's House sets together with just a few extra pieces, and the staircase design taken from the townhouse next door. Excellent for those of us who aren't natural MOC-ers!

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

Edited by Pandora

Very nice conversion!

You said "a few extra pieces". Any idea how many exrta pieces?

I am really impresed with this conversion.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Very nice conversion, though I have to say that it looks very out-of-place next to those other two modular buildings-- not because of the colors as much as because the clean, smooth design of this house's walls seem at odds with the heavily-textured designs of the townhouse and Cafe Corner. Perhaps it will look nicer next to other modular buildings, but overall its simple design works against it.

The back and interior don't have nearly the same problems. They look like they'd fit in perfectly with other modular buildings when it comes to their level of detail. Only the kitchen/dining area on the ground floor ends up feeling a bit plain. Some more diverse colors might help it-- the amount of white and lime green feels a bit overwhelming. Some more furniture might also help, as it ends up feeling almost too spacious with all the space between the sink and the staircase left completely open. Or perhaps some floor mats could solve the problem just as nicely by breaking up the vast expanse of white studs.

That is an excellent job! It really looks good next to the other townhouse. Now I need to go and buy another Olivia's house and copy your idea :)

Hi - thanks for your comments!

@Aanchir - I do agree that some of the floors look a little sparse and I agree about the ground floor - it's quite hard to both create enough space for the existing furniture whilst stopping it from being too cluttered! And I do agree that the front facade is a little more plain than the nicely SNOTted fronts of the other buildings, possibly because I've chosen those buildings - I think that next to Market Street it looks more comparable!

With regards to how many extra bricks were needed, I think that I had a heap of green tiles already and got the stairs out of another set, as well as some pieces out of some of the pink brick boxes, and had to add the pavement bit in the front, but the majority of the pieces for the house did indeed come from the two sets, and there's plenty left over!

I like how you have done the conversion to a modular and the stairs look fantastic. It looks great overall, although a little out of place next to the more traditional modulars.

I really like your conversion of Olivia's house. Like you said the house is already stackable but somehow I never though about putting it between other buildings. Olivia finally has more space in her room and the bigger kitchen is great. Love the stairs.

Dear Creator of this great moc.

Please contact me, I'd like to duplicate your design and a newb @ mocs

Megakamattsmom@ aol.com