Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

GoH Collectable Minifig Series 2

I can't believe its already time for Collectable Minifigure Series 9 photos to start hitting the web. So in the spirit of collectable minifigs, I present Series 2 of the GoH collectable minifigs.

This time we get 4 guilds each in 4 catagories- The traditional warrior, educated civilian, nobility, and notorious enemy.

SAM_0008-1.jpgSAM_0012.jpg

Since I am from Kaliphlin I will start from the right and go to the left. :laugh:

1st we have the Kaliphlin warrior in traditional garb.

SAM_0030-1.jpg

2nd is Kaliphlin's educated civilian.

SAM_0031-1.jpg

3rd is a representation of Kaliphlin's nobility.

SAM_0032-1.jpg

4th is a Titan, arguably Kaliphlin's most notorious sentient enemy.

SAM_0036.jpgSAM_0035.jpg

Now lets cross Kaliphlin's northern border into Avalonia.

5th is a knight, the representation of Avalonia's traditional warrior.

SAM_0026-1.jpg

6th is an Avalonian educated civilian. Who better to represent this catagory than an Avalonian monk?

SAM_0027-1.jpg

7th is a member of Avalonian nobility. (Disclaimer: this is not an actual member of nobility. Because of the difficulty we encountered trying to schedule a portrait session with an actual member of Avalonian nobility, we had to settle for hiring an actor to dress in the clothes of Avalonian nobilty which was much easier to obtain.

SAM_0028-1.jpg

8th but not least, is the notorious Avalonian brigand, expert at all types of weaponry.

SAM_0029-1.jpg

For Nocturnus we start with the series 9th character, the traditional Nocturnus warrior, a scarred human that is no stranger to war. In fact that may be all he knows.

SAM_0022.jpg

10th is a Nocturnus educated civilian. Thats right! Nocturnus does have educated individuals. However they may not be educated in the way you would expect an educated being to be.

SAM_0023.jpg

11th is a member of the nobility in Nocturnus. Blue eyed drow? They must have been the first to invent colored contact lenses....

SAM_00242.jpg

12th and you knew this one was going to be on the list. Another drow. Nocturnus' most notorious enemy as well as being a member of Nocturnus nobility. However this time our subject does not hide his glowing red eyes- here he is, the drow assassin. And because we were lucky to have escaped with our lives after the encounter, we are only able to provide you with a small portrait of him.

SAM_0025.jpg

Now we come to Mitgardia, a land of strong, hearty, and often times large folk.

13th of the series is the traditional warrior of Mitgardia. What more needs to be said?

SAM_0018.jpg

14th is an educated Mitgardian civilian. Book learning probably won't get you very far in Mitgardia and those looked upon as being the most educated some times cannot spell their own names. However they can survive for months in the icy cold mountains and wildernesses of Mitgardia with nothing more than the clothes on their back.

SAM_0019.jpg

15th is a noble of Mitgardia. Women in LEGO world usually tend to be taller than the men and this particular subject towers above the other women... :cry_happy: I guess the Mitgardians like the tall ladies.

SAM_0020.jpg

16th is the last of the bunch and not a particularly friendly fellow. As the species of the far north have not been well documented, I chose a member of one of roaming orc tribes as Mitgardia's notorious enemy. These are not your ordinary orcs. Bigger, stronger, and much furryer, you don't want to meet one and much less encounter a group of these fearsome beasts. May I call them "beast"? :wink:

SAM_0021.jpg

Edited by Masa of Kaliphlin

Love them. Love them all! You should make some Varlyrio ones, just for the fun of it though.

This is great! Did I miss the Series 1?

Love the Avalonian nobility's torso; don't think I've seen that piece before. Will have to try to hunt down a few of those. Anyone know the name of it or BrickLink number?

Good job on the Nocturnus nobility; that Geonosian torso fits in perfectly!

That is so cool great idea i love the mitgardia girl's staff i will have to use it. Now i need to start collecting! :)

Love the Avalonian nobility's torso; don't think I've seen that piece before. Will have to try to hunt down a few of those. Anyone know the name of it or BrickLink number?

Good job on the Nocturnus nobility; that Geonosian torso fits in perfectly!

Good job on the Nocturnus nobility? More like: Good job in all of the nobility!!

hahaha !

These are fantastic :grin:

I want them all!

They're all army building material!

Great job on these, I really like the first Kaliphlin and the Avalonian shepherd (that's what occured to me first!) monk and the rogue look awesome as well as the Mitgardians! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Well the last one I did, I labeled as Kaliphlin but a lot of the figures could have been used for other guilds as well. Link is here.

Well the last one I did, I labeled as Kaliphlin but a lot of the figures could have been used for other guilds as well. Link is here.

Thanks. I did miss it somehow. That set is good too, although I like this one better -- better photos and descriptions, and I like the way you organized them by type and guild. Keep up the good work; looking forward to series 3!

:oh: A loyal Kaliphlin I may be...but I want that Drow lady! :laugh: Excellent job, Masa. These figures really do sum up all of the guilds.