Sign in to follow this  
ResIpsaLoquitur

Mods to City Advent Calendar Police Station

indexed.gif B-PV-06A

I love that last year's Advent Calendar actually came with a building, but it's way too small! I decided the building needed a serious upgrade--as it is, the robbers could just walk out of there when nobody is looking.

AdventPoliceStation2.jpg

It was a simple matter of getting a lot more log pieces, blue bases, and white slopes to extend the walls. In this case, I specifically shaped it to sit on a 32 x 32 curved road. I also put some black tiles in front of the garage so the car doesn't need to drive over studs. The shape of the building also gave me room to add a few of the other advent items: the fire, the dog, and the tree.

AdventPoliceStation3.jpg

Viewed from the back: I was able to incorporate the fireplace and most of the presents onto the side of the building so our cop doesn't freeze. I've also incorporated the detective desk and added a chair. More black tiles on the left to give the cop car a driveway. I added a wall with a jail cell door to the right side so that the crooks are actually jailed. (The only problem is that white window--I don't have a glass pane, so the crooks could just jump right out!)

AdventPoliceStation5.jpg

And here's the side view, just so you can see how I extended out the side wall. Anyway, I hope you like it--comments are appreciated.

Edit: Adjusted picture ratio to 800 x 600.

Edited by ResIpsaLoquitur
Deep-linked over-sized images. 800x600 max!

EB Member Guidelines state: Don't post images that are over 800x600. Images rarely need to be over 640x480.

Your over-sized images have been deep-linked. Feel free to repost your images after they've been down-sized.

EB Member Guidelines state: Don't post images that are over 800x600. Images rarely need to be over 640x480.

Your over-sized images have been deep-linked. Feel free to repost your images after they've been down-sized.

Sorry! Images have been reduced to the guideline size. Noted for the future.

Is that the Chase McCain minifig?

Yep! I got the $1.00 figure at Target since he was so cheap. He had to go somewhere in my City display, so the Police Station makes sense. (I have him riding the white snowmobile now.)