Yooha

Custom LOTR advent calendar

Day 13 - Barad-dûr

13_barad_dur.jpg

Edited by Yooha

Wow! those possibilities with a LotR advent calender seem endless... much more handy stuff than with star wars calenders. I think it will be good for lego to make a LotR one next year in stead of star wars.

I'd like a Lego LOTR advent calendar where every day I get a different goblin. :)

Who wouldn't. Over 20 orcs in a single set would make for an insane army builder!

Usually weapon\tool stands in advents are amazingly boring, but your ones are adorable: they reflect the style of elves, hobbits and the Rohirrim perfectly!

I'd like a Lego LOTR advent calendar where every day I get a different goblin. :)

I would definitely buy that. I really hope we get a LotR advent calendar somewhere down the line.

I would much rather get a Lego LotR Chess Set, though an Advent Calender would be better than nothing. I say that because the Advent Calenders usually only have around 7 minifigures if this years are any indication, where as a chess set has well over 20 minifigures.

I would much rather get a Lego LotR Chess Set, though an Advent Calender would be better than nothing. I say that because the Advent Calenders usually only have around 7 minifigures if this years are any indication, where as a chess set has well over 20 minifigures.

A chess set would be amazing, but I would really love to see them make a LOTR chess set the same size as the massive Castle one they did a few years ago. The reason I loved that chess set was because each corner was built to reflect one of the four factions, and that sort of style would translate even better with LOTR. One corner for Gondor, one for Rohan, one for Mordor, and one for Isengard. It would be awesome, and would also be a great way to collect figs.

A chess set would be amazing, but I would really love to see them make a LOTR chess set the same size as the massive Castle one they did a few years ago. The reason I loved that chess set was because each corner was built to reflect one of the four factions, and that sort of style would translate even better with LOTR. One corner for Gondor, one for Rohan, one for Mordor, and one for Isengard. It would be awesome, and would also be a great way to collect figs.

Wow! That would be great! Sauron and Saruman for evil king and queen, Mouth of Sauron and Witch King for bishops, Gothmog and Lurtz for knights! Such a great idea! I sense a CUUSOO project? Anyone? :wink:

Oh, brilliant... Nazgul and Rohirrim for Knights, Gandalf the Grey and Gandalf the White for good Bishops, Saruman and the Mouth of Sauron for evil Bishops, Haldir's Elves and Uruk-Hai for Rooks, Gondor Soldiers and Mordor Orcs for Pawns, Aragorn and Galadriel for King & Queen on the one side, Sauron and the Witch King for King and Queen on the other (a king as a queen... eh, it's just an idea!).

A distinct lack of hobbits, dwarves, trolls, etc, but a good representation of heroes and especially villains and much-wanted army-builders as pawns, plus a few other nice 'builders as knights and rooks.

But back to the Advent Calendar: great idea, and loving all the builds so far!

Day 21 - Uruk-hai warrior

21_uruk_hai.jpg

Edited by Yooha

Day 22 - Ruins of Osgiliath

22_ruins_of_osgiliath.jpg

I won't be able to upload the picture tomorrow

Edited by Yooha

Yooha, In addition to liking all the clever little builds, this would be an excellent way to get some little pieces. Have you considered doing a CUUSCOO for this?