Yooha

Custom LOTR advent calendar

Hi to all,

In the previous years I always made a custom advent calendar out of LEGO. In order that my fantasy is not limited - and not to cost it a penny :classic: - I made these in LDD. The theme I chose this year is LOTR and The hobbit. I post a new miniset every day. They are compatible with lego advent calendars, so they fit in a regular window, and sometimes it is a minifigure, sometimes something else. LDD has a limited variation for minifig torso and head printing, so for these days use your imagination :classic:

Day 1 - Palantir

01_palantir.jpg

Edited by Yooha

Great idea! Can't wait for new sets and pics, this one looks pretty recognisable.

Аs for minifigs, because of limit of decals in LDD you maybe will make them with MS Paint, Photoshop or any other similar program? I've seen some collections of figs that were made in LDD but with decals added in MS paint, these were different soldiers, and the details of their uniform were amazing.

Not bad, but Faramir never wore scale armor. He was either in ranger attire with leather armor or plate armor in ROTK. I'd go with the ranger look with a cape and maybe a hood. Though I understand the LDD has limited pieces.

Day 3 - Elf weaponry

03_elf_weapons.jpg

(didn't find elven shaft/spear)

Awesome idea you need to make sure to have a santa figure at the end (pick a good one)

Gandalf Santa would be nice :classic: . Or maybe even a custom Saruman Santa :laugh: .

Day 4 - Cliff in Mount Doom and the One Ring

04_mount_doom.jpg

The 4th one was really nice idea for possible real LOTR advent calendar))

The 5th one is interesting, though it's very small for minifigures, but way too big for one-day advent set...

The 5th one is interesting, though it's very small for minifigures, but way too big for one-day advent set...

That's supposed to be microscale (so not minifig scale), and I just couldn't do it smaller. Bending the rules :classic:

I made an other microscale model, which is much bigger than this one, so I decided not use it for the calendar. It will be an extra for Chrismas. :wink:

Day 6 - Santa Saruman

06_santa_saruman.jpg

Why today? Santa comes on the 6th December in Hungary. And a Santa minifig is expected on the last day, so that wouldn't have been a surprise then.

Day 6 - Santa Saruman

Why today? Santa comes on the 6th December in Hungary. And a Santa minifig is expected on the last day, so that wouldn't have been a surprise then.

That's a nice St Nicholas' Day surprise!

Although, if you were a naughty kid this year, Santa Saruman might banish you to the top of his stone tower, which is a bit worse than just not getting a present.