WideWiiLover

City Advent Calander 2012 Day Reveal

The firetruck is a simple toy to have but looks great. It even has a little ladder. :thumbup:

Day 8:

Apologies for the late posting....:( College work sucks.....

Today we were given a "second" utility wall, but this time with a little roof, ski poles and skis....

day8.jpg

On a side note: This is the only day so far that the bag (shown behind) has been of the old kind i.e. perforated.

I liked it when my Lego was sealed fresh......I wonder what provoked this...

UPDATE: Apparently Brickshelf decided that my photo is upside down....If you click through it will be the right way up....I really don't know why it did that!

Day 9:

Today we have a mechanic mini fig!

day9-0.jpg

Included are an extra wrench and new style black cap.

FYI: Brickshelf seems to have problems when i upload photos now.....it flips them in the thumbnail, but when you click through to the actual link, it is the right way up....Anyone else having or had this problem before?

Well, that's handy.....if he loses a hat or fancy screwdriver/spanner thingy he's got a spare ! :laugh:

I now wait again for tomorrow's reveal......Brick On in Advent 'WideWiiLover' ! :grin:

Well getting a second wall is kind of a shame as it would be great if there were no repeats, but oh well, at least it's a bit different. On a side note, the mechanic looks great. :wink:

I love the mechanic, so simple and elegant. I gotta admit I'm having a really good time with this calendar, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on who you ask) my son got to it and opened all the doors yesterday so we just built it all at once. There's some pretty cool stuff in there bit I won't spoil it ;)

Day 10:

Toady was another disappointment....ugh.....

day10-0.jpg

Yup, we got a red (couldn't the do one in another colour? I have 10 of these already...) dolly and 4 wheels with white rims....

I really don't get what this is for, if the theme is fire this year.......

Handy for some, overload for others......I always find a use for a spare stack of tyres and sack trolley..but yeah it's a little lame. Must go with yesterday's mechanic....oh, well on to tomorrow....Brick On in Advent 'WideWiiLover' ! :classic:

Yeah, I guess having a few extra wheels is handy at times but then again, it is a bit of a disappointment.

I agree with this one especially when these "slick" tires are on PAB at my local stores, but the dolly is nice can't have too many but it would be nice to see it in another color

Day 11: (WOO DOUBLE DIGITS)....I'm probably the only one that gets excited by that.....

Today we get (what i initially thought was) a sort of ski thing?

day11-0.jpg

Interesting...huh....

Then i realized that maybe the slick tires from yesterday weren't pointless after all, and when combine with the mechanic....

day11-1.jpg

It's snow cat! or whatever they are called. 4x4 thing.

Opinions?

So that makes sense doesn't it......an ATV with slicks on snow ! :laugh:

I now wait for tomorrow.....Brick On in Advent 'WideWiiLover' ! :classic:

I got my first calendar this year. Love it. But I wonder, is this a boy or a girl? When comparing today's kid with the ones from set 10229, it has the torso of the boy and the head of the girl. I'm puzzled...

You mean the Day 6 minifigure? I don't see why it can't be either one. I'd say it's whichever sex you want it to be.

Day 12: We are Halfway there!

It's another mini fig!!!!

day12-0.jpg

I named here Cheryl....I love the hair!

You get 2 Walkie Talkies too....great for bus mirrors in my opinion...

You know I never thought of using those as mirrors on heavy vehicles before......I wonder what it would look like......ah, that's what LDD is for ! :laugh:

Cool a female fire fighter.......working overtime to afford implants if you know what I mean :blush: .......seriously if Lego gave us a female torso for the police chief in the forest police station then a female fire fighting torso would be a help......one day they'll learn ! :blush:

Thanks for doing these little reviews 'WideWiiLover'....Brick On in Advent ! :sweet:

Day 13:

Today we got a nice little office desk, with obligatory coffee mug

day13-0.jpg

Different style of computer then i'm used too...good for my future airport MOC....

Ah, a replacement desk for the 2011 police station eh ? :wink:

Keep the reveals coming 'WideWiiLover' and Brick On in Advent ! :sweet:

Day 14:

Apologies for the late upload.....Had to take my MacBook Pro to the Bar of Geniuses.....apparently it needs a new battery! It is over 3 years old though so....:/

Back to LEGO!!!

Today we got a brown crate, and some "portable" fire.

day14-0.jpg

The image on the door shows them inside, but they don't fit in well. I guess these might be for a minfig Hobo?

Today we got a brown crate, and some "portable" fire.

I was surprised to see a connection that TLG, if I remember correctly, officially considers "illegal" being used. Because of the material that transparent pieces are made of, the flames and the cones are very hard to separate again.

A brown box with flames......okay, it's cold where it is I guess.....roll on the next reveal.....Brick On in Advent 'WideWii'Lover' ! :wink:

Day 15:

Today we were graced with our third storage wall.

day15-0.jpg

On an alternative note, you can connect all three walls together using the ski wall and connecting using the slopes.

Just a little FYI!

Ah, yes connect them together.....anyway a better one than yesterday.....always handy to extra breathing apperatus around.......beans from the night before ! :laugh:

Tomorrow, tomorrow.....I shall see the next reveal tomorrow :laugh: ......Brick On in Advent 'WideWiiLover' ! :grin: