spzero

Yorkshire lego group LUG etc? is there one

Just wondered if there was, if so where, or if there is any interest in a yorkshire Lego group thingy, I am getting a 1000+sq foot Unit to rent for bricklink and ebaying which Im focusing on after my other job is struggling due to a car accident, and will probably have a large lego display slowly building up, but thought could be cool to have a few people over have a coffee from the machine and build some lego maybe work on a joint display, trade minifigs etc.

Im in Halifax at the moment so will be based around these parts probably would be once a month or so.

Thanks Phil

Edited by spzero

Hi Phil,

I'm from Yorkshire too (Pontefract to be precise). There are actually a few of us that get together regularly for meet-ups at the Sheffield store, but no "building" per se.

A few of the guys might be interested in meet-ups for building. You should get in touch with Bricksan, as he generally organizes these. He also happens to be a Lego Ambassador and the Showcase Coordinator for the Sheffield Lego Brand Store.

There isn't a Yorkshire LUG at the moment, but a number of Brickish members are looking at forming "Northern Brickworks" which is intended to be a LUG for those in the North of England.

Any which way, keep in touch, it's always nice to meet a fellow Yorkshire AFOL.

Rich

Edited by TyoSolo

Thanks for the info Rich, I have being meaning to Join Brickish for ages but they need Printing off of the application form, posting and cheques! It needs updating to allow online registration and paypal. But I will join and see what's going on, We should be in our unit in two weeks but will probably not open up till the new year. would be good to do a LUG so will look into that once I've joined up to Brickish. Shefield is a bit of a trip out especially as the new manchester store is much closer to me, tho that is in Lancashire, LOL,

Thanks for the info Rich, I have being meaning to Join Brickish for ages but they need Printing off of the application form, posting and cheques! It needs updating to allow online registration and paypal.

See, that's what always throws me off. That and Wales seems berift of members and I can't see the forum without being a member and then we go back to the problem that my cheque book is somewhere gathering dust because I have never used it.... That and, uh, from what I have met I do not think my personality and well, to put it lightly, whole self would fit in well.

If you contact the Secretary, they can set it up so you can pay by PayPal rather than by cheque. That's how I joined, because I don't have a cheque book. The alternative is a postal order.