As usual, well done Sir, well done. P.S. Nice work on the book too. I’m really looking forward to creating with Lego again. Keep up the great works!

Edited by THack

Wow, I saw this creation this morning on your facebook page and it is wonderful!

Again you did a great job :wub:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Tibivi

I've seen a lot of Tumblers before, but this is the one with the most features for sure! :thumbup:

Edited by Richie

HOLY S#*% !!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the coolest thing EVER! You have outdone yourself. PLEASE make instructions for this. Awesome work.

"Why so serious?"

Oh yeah, great book too.

Mike

That is awesome. I would love to have one of these on display in my LEGO room!

Keep up the brilliant work. I haven't seen anything like it!

Any plans for releasing instructions? Not that I'd be able to build it.

Cool.

The front suspension is really interesting. Although it's rather moot for this particular model (cool as it is, but everything's pretty much orthogonal), I'm curious how such an inverted system affects the requirements of the various characteristics of the steering/suspension geometry. Intuitively, I think much of it would be reversed, but I'm not sure.

For example, would it require a slight toe-out to get the effect normally produced by a slight toe-in? What about caster / camber / that-thing-where-the-angle-of-the-wheel-changes-when-the-suspension's-compressed-so-that-the-contact-patch-stays-large / bump steering / ackerman steering / etc?

Is there any actual benefit to such a system, other than looking cool?

Technic parts landed on a creative hands continue to wow me! I'm very impress!!!

Cool.

The front suspension is really interesting. Although it's rather moot for this particular model (cool as it is, but everything's pretty much orthogonal), I'm curious how such an inverted system affects the requirements of the various characteristics of the steering/suspension geometry. Intuitively, I think much of it would be reversed, but I'm not sure.

For example, would it require a slight toe-out to get the effect normally produced by a slight toe-in? What about caster / camber / that-thing-where-the-angle-of-the-wheel-changes-when-the-suspension's-compressed-so-that-the-contact-patch-stays-large / bump steering / ackerman steering / etc?

Is there any actual benefit to such a system, other than looking cool?

I guess caster and Ackermann is the same here. Actually Ackermann seems not to be a big problem, because the turning of the wheel is limited on the outer side of the turning circle; on the inner circle (on which he wheel has to turn in a bigger angle) is not limited by the protruding arm thing.

AFAIK toe is there to compensate the effects of chamber (with a chamber angle, the tire deforms to be a bit conical when in contact (more precisely deforms near the contact area). Running on two cones wants to abduct the wheels). Chamber is there to compensate the lateral movement of the wheels if they are independently suspended, so that the contact patches stay more or less in the same distance from each other. With the reversed suspension, I guess the chamber geometry is totally different, so is the toe geometry.

I guess the only benefit here is that the driver can "leap" between the wheels in jumping mode. And that it looks cool.

Edited by Lipko

Thank you. As usual, there will be no instruction - it would take me months to make one, and that's why I made so many photos and shown and described how all of it works. Add a bit of your creativity, and you'll be fine building your own Tumbler. I really think Lego is about creativity - it's Ikea that is about building from instructions :)

I can see that this uses the F1 tires on the front and I see your dimensions listed in studs, but I'm still having trouble picturing just how big this thing is. Do you have any pictures of it next to something we can use for scale, like a minifigure on another model?

I really like it, especially the front suspension. I would prefer less studs and more Technic panels, but it is just a question of personal taste.