Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Heartlake Heartbreak - Confirmation & Discussion Thread

7711073912_757cd06005_z.jpg

Signup | Confirmation | Day One | Day Two | Day Three | Day Four | Day Five | Day Six | Day Seven | Conclusion

The Story So Far...

8234533336_d246b48fd3_o.jpg

8234533382_bbeab10b39_o.jpg

8234533426_521eeb9896_o.jpg

8233470973_9939f57abe_o.jpg

8234533508_c1f740f1db_o.jpg

8234533564_571f51efef_o.jpg

8234533602_5ce18ea7b4_o.jpg

8234533632_a97f46c056_o.jpg

* All Role PMs have been sent! :wink:

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum must outnumber the Town. Any Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player.
  3. A game day will last until majority vote is reached up to a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night phase will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night phase.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. You may not quote PMs from other players. Quoting PMs from other players will result in a same-day 3-vote penalty against you for each incident.
  7. Do not play the game outside the day-thread and PMs. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  8. Writeboards will not be used in this game. All communication is to be done in the game day threads and via PM.
  9. If you are dead, your game is over. You may not comment on the game to any living or dead players in any form. This includes posting, private messaging, direct chat, email or any other form of online or offline communication. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on. The same applies for living players making contact with those who are no longer playing, no matter what the stated purpose. Both situations can appear to be an attempt to gain information or cause influence that would be unfair to the remaining living players. Whether you are still playing or have already died, if you are contacted inappropriately, please notify the host immediately. Violation of this rule will result in instant mod-kill and probably something worse after the game.
  10. You may not edit your posts. Editing your post will result in a 2-vote penalty. This is your only warning.
  11. You must post in every Day Thread. Failure to do so will result in a 1-vote penalty at the start of the next day.
  12. You must vote in every Day Thread. Failure to do so will result in a 2-vote penalty at the start of the next day.
  13. These rules will not change through the game. Do not pester the host about changing any rules.
  14. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host using your role PM. All other forms of communications will be ignored.

Since some people have asked, I will go ahead and clarify a couple points about the rules.

These rules will not change through the game. Do not pester the host about changing any rules.
This rule is completely valid and in force. I will not be changing any rules for any reason. Everything has been laid out since the Confirmation & Discussion thread went up and if you had a question or issue with any rule, you should have addressed it with me before Day One started. There was plenty of time for any perceived problems to be brought to my attention at that time. :classic:

It appears that some folks are concerned about two of the rules in particular, so I will clarify them for you all right now. Just to make sure you completely understand. I don't want anyone to be confused by any of the rules, and if you have questions feel free to ask here or via PM.

A game day will last until majority vote is reached up to a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night phase will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night phase.

Some people seem to be confused as to why Day One was closed "early". It's pretty clear right here in the rule that once the majority is reached the day is over. Obviously, if majority vote happens while I am not around I won't be able to tally and lock the thread. I will not be locking the thread retroactively and deleting posts, so expect things to happen just as they did yesterday: If there is a majority vote when I am available to tally the votes, the day is over and the thread will be locked.

You must vote in every Day Thread. Failure to do so will result in a 2-vote penalty at the start of the next day.

Another rule people seem to be struggling to understand for some reason. The penalty for not voting is incurred against players who fail to vote on a day where a conviction isn't reached. I know this is obvious to most of you, but there have been a few questions, so I thought I'd clear that up.

I thought it would be obvious, but just to make sure this is also clear: keep in mind that if you unvote, it is the same as not voting at all.

I hope any misunderstandings have been cleared up now, this isn't rocket science :wink:

Have fun everyone! :dhappy:

The Players

8232301613_1f803b2ae5_t.jpg

Oscar (Hinckley)

Oscar's family has lived on the Heartlake Stables land for nearly twenty generations, long before humans settled the area. He is a very clever Hedgehog and has spent his life learning the ways of the humans and animals that come and go on his family's land.

8233583473_bce11151d6_t.jpg

Wild Dragon (Dragonator)

Wild Dragon has been a racehorse practically since the day he was born. That was many year ago though, and this champion has arrived at Heartlake Stables for his final race. In his prime, he won nearly every race. His last three races though, he's been upstaged by a young stallion.

8234646530_b8bd152088_t.jpg

Dansmith IV (Dannylonglegs)

Dansmith IV was born and bred to be a champion racehorse, and has been doing a good job fulfilling his role in life. This will be his fourth race at the big Heartlake Championship Race & Show. He has no doubt he will win, no horse has beat him yet.

8233583427_15b1983e22_t.jpg

Patty (DarthPotato)

Patty is a beautiful show horse. Bred to be the perfect specimen of the modern [horse]. Her white coat glistens in the sunlight and she radiates beauty.

8234240116_dae86e0271_t.jpg

Carl (CallMePie)

Carl is Julia's loving, devoted husband of 15 years. His day job is in business, mostly trading high-risk stocks in the Heartlake Financial District. For the last five years, he takes the week off work to help his wife prepare for and run the annual horse show and race.

8233177923_18a2165f59_t.jpg

Walter (WaterbrickDown)

Walter has been groundskeeper here at Heartlake Stables for over ten years. He knows the grounds better than anyone and takes pride in keeping them looking their best. Unlike some of the staff, he keeps the place looking tops even when there isn't a big show or rich folks to impress.

8234240132_3ec669d0da_t.jpg

Dave (Piratedave84)

Dave is probably the best jockey in the business. Everyone knows that he means business and does not back down in a race. He treats the horse with respect but is not afraid to use the crop when required. He always has a shiny red apple for a deserving horse.

8233177977_6f55f2d20f_t.jpg

Fred (def)

Not much is known about Fred because he just joined the force last week, but he is eager to serve and protect.

8232319737_9986abdb27_t.jpg

Cece (Cecilie)

Cece is the daugher of the Heartlake Stables owners. She was raised around horses and helps to run the show every year. She's been the student body president at her school since the 8th grade and homecoming queen every year since she started highschool. Everyone loves Cece.

8233177533_0b790855c8_t.jpg

Daisy (Scubacarrot)

Daisy is not only the top animal groomer in the area, she is also the full-time groomer for Heartlake Stables. There's nothing she likes more than making animals look their best, except perhaps teaching others the fine art of grooming. She also runs a grooming training camp for underprivileged girls in a nearby town.

8234239902_a838383e4c_t.jpg

Trisha (TrumpetKing67)

Trisha is the top veterinarian in the city. After moving here a few years ago, she has helped many of Heartlake's animal friends recover and stay healthy. Everyone in the city loves her and her office is always busy. She's also known for creating new medicines and bandaging techniques to quicken recovery and even help older animals with better alertness.

8233177659_3b7890311c_t.jpg

Ginny (Captain Genaro)

Ginny is new to being a jockey, and to the horsey lifestyle. She seems eager to prove her worth though. It's too bad about the horse she was scheduled to ride having been killed.

8233177697_8cdca90101_t.jpg

Tammy (Tamamono)

Tammy has worked hard in the jockey circle to come up from nothing. Now she is riding one of the most promising horses in the business. Horse owners are keeping sharp eye on her for possible recruitment to get their own horses into the winners circle.

8234239778_5199153267_t.jpg

Penny (VolcanicPanik)

Penny is tough broad. Sharp as a tack though, the Lieutenant is known throughout Heartlake as one that solves crimes. No matter how large or small the case may be, she always finds a way to get it closed.

8231802956_398cce77d6_t.jpg

Shadell (Shadows)

Shadell is the middle daughter of the Dasseurobrik family. One of the oldest and most powerful families in Heartlake, the Dasseurobriks control mining operations throughout the surrounding area, providing all of the coal used to power the city. Shadell herself spends most of her time abroad, but always comes home to enjoy the annual horse show.

8233177797_5fbc1f176c_t.jpg

Billie (badboytje88)

Billie is young but influential. Her last husband died suddenly in an accident over the Rocky Mountains during a helicopter trip. She was grief-stricken, but managed to take over his multi-million dollar tech firm in uptown Heartlake and keep his memory alive.

8233177551_56b94714da_t.jpg

Amy (iamded)

Amy is the owner of Wild Dragon, the winner of the Heartlake Race the past four years in a row. She has been coming to the race with him for seven years now, and is always willing to help out the owners of the stables in any way she can.

8233177635_9e6c55f5fb_t.jpg

Katie (PsyKater)

Katie is another new one to the crowd, but her horse has been winning races since they came onto the scene. She's young but seems to really know what she's doing.

8234240074_5dee1df3e1_t.jpg

Zara (zakura)

Zara is a bit out there in terms of personality, but everyone seems to like her. She can usually be found talking to the groomer about keeping coats shiny.

8234240030_ab64e8df97_t.jpg

Heather (fhomess)

Heather just arrived this morning from a far off town. Riding the bus to Heartlake didn't seem to dampen her spirits, and she was an instant hit with the animals.

8233178055_5f1cb6e3ff_t.jpg

Matilda (Zepher)

The ever present help, Matilda has worked for the owners of Heartlake Stables for over 25 years now. She cooks, cleans, and even took care of Cece when Cece was a wee child.

8234240184_985585a8e2_t.jpg

Sara (TheBoyWonder)

Sara is a great mechanic and has worked on everything from the family toaster to the RV engine. Anytime something breaks down, she's called right away.

8233177739_4897f1049a_t.jpg

Jane (JackJonespaw)

Jane is arguably the best horse trainer in the area. She always seems to be on top of new developments and her horses win. It can take months to get even one session with her.

8233178013_4f25fc3399_t.jpg

Jimmy (JimButcher)

He's young and small, but he does what it takes to get the job done. Everyone in the stables knows the animals will always be kept fed and stalls clean when Jimmy is on the job.

8233177855_ceb31d06b2_t.jpg

Mike (Bob)

When driving on the highway, nobody want's to see Mike's lights light up behind them. He's one tough cop and he doesn't even care when women cry.

8231802956_398cce77d6_t.jpg

Hi everyone, I'm Shadell! It should be noted that I spend a lot of my time with broads and horses, if you know what I mean. I don't keep my hair short for no reason. :wink:

I am so confirmed.

8233583473_bce11151d6_t.jpg

Neigh! I am Wild Dragon, greatest stallion of the age! All run before my rippling body as I streak towards them! They don't run for long. :devil:

Shadell dear girl, lovely to see you here again this year! If you want to take me out for a ride sometime you know where to find me. :wub:

Cece here. How could anyone do this to our dear horses? :cry_sad:

Katie is ready to win this puzzle as well. No grace for horse-killers! (May I pet this little hedgehog?)

Hi! I'm Fred. I'm the new guy. I love horses. Why would someone kill a horse? It's so senseless :cry_sad:

Hello, I am Dave; would you like an apple?

I don't know about an apple, but I'd love some applesauce~ :wink: A whole apple would be rather... erm... painful... :look:

Tranny Tammy here! :sweet:

Oh dear! Why did someone kill a horse? Is this normal in a big city like Heartbreak?

Never fear, Jimmy is here! Let's catch these bad guys!

*jams out on headphones*

Carl here. I'm a loving and devoted husband. And also apparently simple because animals can, in fact, talk. :look:

But with all my stocks my net value probably exceeds all of yours combined. Except for you, Julia, dear. :wub:

All you players: be sure to put your character photo in your Avatar slot or in your Signature and put your character name in you Signature. :thumbup:

:dhappy:

I don't know about an apple, but I'd love some applesauce~ :wink: A whole apple would be rather... erm... painful... :look:

Tranny Tammy here! :sweet:

Never too early for applesauce reference ... I probably walked right into that one!!!

Hey, I'm Mike. I'm one tough cop and I don't even care when women cry.

Never too early for applesauce reference ... I probably walked right into that one!!!

Is that a no? :look: