Erdbeereis

The Future of Star Wars Contest

Members will vote for their favorite entries once all entries are in. :classic:

EDIT: Oops, didn't see your post Brickdoctor. Sorry!

I'm still working.... Hoping I get it finished on time!

Question: is it possible that you make one picture before the deadline, and that you then later, after deadline, add more images and background story later?

You need to have everything done by the deadline. Just do your best, I'm sure you can make it if you try. :classic:

You need to have everything done by the deadline. Just do your best, I'm sure you can make it if you try. :classic:

It is then done, but not online yet. Thanks for the confidence by the way!

Hello.

Can someone clarify what qualifies as valid overhang?

Are the 4 studs allowed to each side, or are they in total?

Hello.

Can someone clarify what qualifies as valid overhang?

Are the 4 studs allowed to each side, or are they in total?

Four studs to each side. (just remember that overhang is for elements that stick out like posed minifigs, flying ships, rooms jutting out of buildings and things like that, so four stud overhang to all sides doesn't mean that you can add four studs on top of the base on every side for a 24x24 base)

P.m. Means untill friday 23.59, right?

(that's 32.59 for netherlands?)

Four studs to each side. (just remember that overhang is for elements that stick out like posed minifigs, flying ships, rooms jutting out of buildings and things like that, so four stud overhang to all sides doesn't mean that you can add four studs on top of the base on every side for a 24x24 base)

Thanks for the answer.

I just posted my entry, but I'm still not sure it's valid for the small category.

It's A moment in Coruscant, and the back of the balcony has a 4 stud overhang, and while it's evelated from the base it occupies all the width. Is that OK, or should I modify it?

Thanks for the answer.

I just posted my entry, but I'm still not sure it's valid for the small category.

It's A moment in Coruscant, and the back of the balcony has a 4 stud overhang, and while it's evelated from the base it occupies all the width. Is that OK, or should I modify it?

Yeah, what you've got there is basically a 20x16 vig. Technically, it would be okay, but my suggestion would be to either make the structure supporting the balcony skinnier or make the length of the vig smaller. (because flexible dimensions allow for a vig of any size as long as the total area occupied is equal to or less than 256 studs, so a 20x12 vig would comply with the rules)

Yeah, what you've got there is basically a 20x16 vig. Technically, it would be okay, but my suggestion would be to either make the structure supporting the balcony skinnier or make the length of the vig smaller. (because flexible dimensions allow for a vig of any size as long as the total area occupied is equal to or less than 256 studs, so a 20x12 vig would comply with the rules)

OK, I modified the balcony to be skinnier. It still has an overhang, but now I think it does fall within the definition of overhang.

Thanks!

OK, I modified the balcony to be skinnier. It still has an overhang, but now I think it does fall within the definition of overhang.

Thanks!

Yep, that looks good to me. :thumbup:

I wanted to thanks all the EB SW staff and all the participants of the contest :thumbup:

The Negotiator wish you all good luck and says goodbye :classic:

8437426267_2a08cf540c_n.jpg

8438510274_c9a38c4714_n.jpg

Nice work everyone! The contest is now closed. We will work on getting the voting thread ready; I expect it should be ready within a week or so.

Almost done! Sorry for the delay, I've been really busy this week. It should be ready soon (within a few days). :classic:

Looking at how the voting's going, I'd say pedro, Oky and ACPin will be the top three in the large contest.