8229356059_3484e8f13d_b.jpg

Part 1.

I sailed out from Genoa with a feeling I would have some adventure and excitement on my voyage to the Levant; little did I know the vessel in which I was traveling would be attacked and destroyed by a fleet of Moorish pirates! I would have most certainly have drowned like my poor companions, but I just managed to climb aboard some wreckage. I stood up and looked about to find out where I was... That was my big mistake. A pirate vessel that had obviously arrived too late to help its allies, came up to where I was floating, and then one of the crew yelled in their coarse language, "Aha! By the beard of Allah, we are too late to fight, but look! Here is a wealthy Frankish merchant judging by his fancy garments! We can secure a large ransom for his safe return!" The rest of the ruffians grunted their approval of this awful scheme. It was then that I wished I had not worn my best suit…

8230528009_4337f2c618_b.jpg

Part 2.

After three days of sailing In the hands of the Moorish pirates, I arrived on the coast of what must be Africa, however, I didn't get a long look at the place for I was swiftly thrown into a small building with barred windows.

I immediately began thinking of a way to escape. So a few days later, at the time I expected my guard to enter, I placed myself next to the window and pressed my face against the bars. When the guard came in I exclaimed, "Who is that damsel there? She is very beautiful, and she passes here frequently."

The guard jumped to the window and looked out, As he did so, I slipped his dagger out of his sheath and hid it in my trousers, meanwhile I said, "Do you see her just going around the corner there? Ah! She is gone..." The guard stepped back and grunted, "I never get to see any beautiful damsels about in this wretched place!" He then lurched out of the room, but not without carefully locking the door behind him. Unfortunately for the pirates, I now had the means of unlocking that door...

8231504269_80f2207bcb_b.jpg

Part 3.

The lock to my cell door easily gave way, it being so old and little used. As soon as I stepped out into the street I realized my uncomfortable position, here I was stranded without a penny in a pirate-held town in deepest Africa. I figured the best way out of this scrape was to steal a boat and make for the sea, I found three small fishing boats and the pirate vessel that brought me here. I sneaked onto the pirate vessel and found that it was filled with provisions ready for departure, so I raised anchor and sailed boldly out of the bay just as the sun came over the horizon. I praised the saints for my good luck and set my course for home! I can't wait to see the look on my friends' faces when I sail into Genoa as the captain of a Moorish galley..."

The End

See the set on Flickr.

This is my first entry to the "Daring Escape" category of the CCCX.

Thanks for viewing, and have a great day! :classic:

Edited by Mark of Falworth

Ha ha, nice! I love the first scene and the second! I love how you do your water! I would do that but I've never seen round 1x1s in transparent blue in PAB. Great MOC! :sweet:

Nice MOCs! I love the way you created the water in the first one, and there are some nice subtle details all around. :thumbup:

The sunrise pic is pretty cool! Did you get that effect with just the light and sheet, or was there more than minimal post processing?

Great job, I like the first one especially, the pieces of the wrecked ship look really realistic! :thumbup: And the lighting on the last one is excellent!

Great work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like the water's style, the story and the last picture is absolutely amazing :wink:

Ha ha, nice! I love the first scene and the second! I love how you do your water! I would do that but I've never seen round 1x1s in transparent blue in PAB. Great MOC! :sweet:

Thanks Infernum! :classic:

Nice MOCs! I love the way you created the water in the first one, and there are some nice subtle details all around. :thumbup:

Thanks Jim! :classic:

The sunrise pic is pretty cool! Did you get that effect with just the light and sheet, or was there more than minimal post processing?

Thanks! Yeah, it's just a sheet with an orange light behind it. :wink:

Great scenes and story to go with it!

Thank you! :classic:

Great job, I like the first one especially, the pieces of the wrecked ship look really realistic! :thumbup: And the lighting on the last one is excellent!

Thanks Kai! :wink:

Love the shipwreck scene and the sunrise is beautiful :thumbup:

Thanks man! :sweet:

Great work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like the water's style, the story and the last picture is absolutely amazing :wink:

Thanks Wedge! :grin:

Edited by Mark of Falworth