Bubifett

How to delete double printed heads?

Hi guys!

I hate double faced lego heads since you cannot use them or display them without helm or hairs.

Did someone try to erase one of the two prints? I would like to keep only one face in my Uruk-Hai mjnifigs ...

Thank you! :)

I suspect the answer involves rubbing prints off with Brasso. I'm moving this thread to the Minifig Customisation Workshop where I am sure you will find an answer.

On yellow heads I have had great luck "shaving" the printing off using an exacto knife. Drawing the blade almost perpendicular to the surface you can scrape away the printing without taking too much of the "brick" and leaving big scratch marks. I have not tried it on Fleshie heads since I just trade those away as ASAP but it does NOT work for me on flat surfaces like bricks and plates.

This technique allows you to remove all or part of a head's printing which I found great to get rid of Harry Potter lightening scars and giving bearded figs goatees. :)

I suspect the answer involves rubbing prints off with Brasso.

This. Brasso has worked for me every time and leaves the brick completely unscratched. I have never had a problem with it on heads or torsos, which have a lot of printing on them, so I would definitely recommend it!

Thank you very much for your answers! So Brasso won't affect the red base material of Uruk's head?

No brasso will not alter the color of the plastic. Just apply the brasso and rub it with rag or paper towel.

And a soft eraser works too and so do magic erasers as well.

-Omi

Both Brasso and Toothpaste are mild abrasives to put it simply.

Toothpaste is made from China Clay (like porcelin) and brasso has a similar ingredient. The tiny particles abrade the surface but are so miniscule that you cannot see any scratches. The LEGO part is also not perfectly smooth else the paint would not stick, even paper isn't that smooth.

Just to throw this out there, I use those magic eraser sponges(Brand name or not both work just as well) and a little water and it rubs right off.