Wineyard

The Old Monastery

My entry for Swebrick's competion "Scary Castles and fortresses".

8232508308_fecd0d53cf.jpg8231447429_d57bb8ec56.jpg

8232509190_f044509144.jpg8231446693_8ba1dc8d26.jpg

8238163615_3522f042b7.jpg

Thanks to de Gothia and Derfel Cadarn for inspiration. You can find more pictures at my flickr.

WOW!

The reactions will be repetitive, as this makes you speechless. Very nice! I will drool some more...

Dear God...

That is incredible! I don't normally find many MOC's aesthetically appealing, but this structure is fantastically gorgeous!

Thi is really a masterpiece! To start a day, it is too good, like damn an other amazing creation! I hope you will at least win some recognition, oh and by the way, have you ever tought to put your creation as an entry to the castle entrie of the CCCX? Just saying...

Well done, good luck and wow.

I just wanted to add my WOW! To the list of WOWs here. This castle really should be a winner in any contest.

How long did it take? Any idea how many bricks?

This really gives me something to shot for.

Andy D

Fantastic Job. I love everything about it! so many nice details, its almost too much to take in!

Very nice and cant wait to see what else you have in store!

Mikey

This MOC is SUPERB! I love all the details. I can definitely see the influence of DC and DG, - Well done! I love the crow cage and the innovative figures as well as all the detailing you've done on this. Magnificent!

Wow *oh2* *oh2* Impressive castle, absolutely detailed, great work :thumbup: :thumbup:

Good picks for inspiration. I really like the design and the asymmetry. The name "castle" is kind of dull. Do you have a better name or description I can change it to?

Great job! Really suberb combination of stone and woodwork, love all the details and the sloping rockwork at the bottom! :thumbup:

I knew I would get some good entries for the competition but I never thought that they would be this awesome! World class! :thumbup:

That castle looks awesome. I am very impressed. I love everything about it. I really like the overall shape and design. I love how you broke up the grey by using various wood built sections. Great MOC. :classic:

Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you liked it :)

I hope you will at least win some recognition, oh and by the way, have you ever tought to put your creation as an entry to the castle entrie of the CCCX? Just saying...

I'm actually not that familiar with the Classic Castle forum and their competitions. Can you send a link?

How long did it take? Any idea how many bricks?

I've worked with this project for about a month. But I've spent much time building it, since I currently work with an essay and have much spare time. Actually I don't have any idea how many bricks I've used, but maybe around 5000.

The name "castle" is kind of dull. Do you have a better name or description I can change it to?

In the Swebrick forum, I used the name "The Old Monastery" for the project.

Well... I praised you on Swebrick and on Flickr and I will continue here as well!

This is just beatiful! I love all the little details that you see after a while when you have studied this masterpiece! And thanks for being mentioned as an inspiration! You are now my inspiration as well cause this is pure eyecandy!

Now all you have to do is to sign upp for GoH and for Avalonia!!! :wink:

I will add my wow here. Although I really like what LordofDragons said "holy brick!"

I love the details like anyone else, but I love how seamless the wood/stonework looks. And the giant rock base is brilliant. I should try my hand at this sometime, but I doubt I will ever complete it nor will it look anything remotely this interesting.

Keep up the good work!