lightningtiger

MOC - Elders Merchandise & Real Estate Office

Gee, people must not like Shell eh (they must be better than BP) ? :laugh:

I've been checking to see if I have the bowser(pump) correct....I think I have the lower sticker facing the right way. :blush:

Any suggestions of what else can join the sign and pump set.....I will be adding another 48x48 next to it so I can finish main street off.....yep, total at the moment of 9 plus 1....10....480 stud long plus railway track curves to come ! *oh2*

Keep watching.....suggestions and comments always welcome. :classic:

Gee, people must not like Shell eh (they must be better than BP) ? :laugh:

No, I like your new addition. I was, however, waiting for somewhere to pay for the fuel?

Well, I did say something else might be needed on the last base plate next to it.....any suggestions on what and size of it ? :wink:

Not BP it needs a KoolMotor Visible gas pump with the KM globe!

Okay.....thanks for the comment anyway 'Electricsteam'.....two things - this is an Aussie town being built and KoolMotor never came to Oz so....... :blush:

The very last building (for the moment) will be started hopefully today.....for the Shell pumps. Shortly I be posting everything again in the New Mannum 2012 topic again since the Elders is complete.

Keep watching ! :classic:

Lightningtiger

Maybe you could add a newspaper vending machine out front with some agribusiness newspapers or real estate magazines. Or some stock tanks, fence posts, Shell oil products, some horse tack, stacks of fertilizer or animal feed.

Your shell sign and pump look great. All the shells I my town switched to BP a couple of years ago I miss the bright yellow signs and stations.

Bill

edit. If you wanted to know Koolmoter was a brand name of the Cities Service oil company which was bought out and changed to Citgo in 1968.

Edited by Bamos

Thanks for the feedback, suggestions and information 'Bamos', I already have a newsagent/newspaper shop built.....a water tank is at the Landmark store......now bags of feed or fertilizer might be a bit tough to do - has anyone tried ?

Both Shell and BP are easy to switch over and I have now done both.....perhaps I should do a Caltex one day as a roadhouse eh ? :wink:

Keep watching for there is more to come.....any suggestions for the building to go with the pumps ?

LT, You always impress. Working Landscaping I always enjoy your argricultural themed shops.

Also Working in landscaping I have plenty of expierence with Ferterlizer. Heres a quick LDD version of a palette of ferterlizer bags.

fert.png

The ones we buy from our supplier are green and white. Studs left on to allow staking, but you could use tiles for the second layer on the bags.

Sal

WFB, WI

Thanks 'legoboy3998'....I might just have to give it a try.

Edit - I'm going to try and make a pallet with this bag design though double thickness and not a clean/level stack.....keep watching.

Edited by lightningtiger

I'm glad you like it LT. The bags are 2 plates thick, we use 50 pound bags, so they are pretty thin on the palette. I think a palette that looks like a few people have bought some bags would look great.

Sal

WFB, WI

Thanks for the extra feedback 'legoboy3998'.....I have already made a pallet and loaded it with some white bags....money low so only a short stack....son's Christmas present came first.

Now, thanks also for those suggestions 'LEGO Guy Bri', the town is a little too small for a radio station and gun shops are not as common in Oz as you might think.....we have very strong gun control regulations here in South Australia.....comes from all the nut bag serial killers we have had in our state sadly. :sadnew: I could only find a hand full of stores....and they are not usually found in small towns.(only large regional centres)

I should have a photo up of the pallet by the Elders building tomorrow, then I hope to reshoot the entire street again (which as I wrote the other day will be posted in the New Mannum 2012 topic)......keep watching everyone ! :wink:

Looks very much like the reference pic :thumbup: Keep it up :classic:

Thanks for the feedback 'soccerkid6'.....I have been researching my gas/petrol station building and will try a few designs this morning.....I hope. :blush:

There might have to be a relocation of the pumps and sign to allow for a road to go between them and Elders building.....might look more realistic. :wink:

Pallet takes it place, but you can see some changes.....

000000_elders_50.jpg

Unless something else changes to the Elders building, all other posts relating to anything in New Mannum will be in it's own topic again.

Keep watching......I guess over in the other topic eh ? :laugh: