GRogall

News LEGO Architecture 2013 Discusion

They should have had at least on sample book on display or some excerpts from it. The book is the unique thing about this product. Without the book, its just a bunch of colorless bricks.

Yeah, it was disappointing. The local store had about 6 or 8 of the 21050 set for sale, and the only person who bought one was the employee who did our event.

Also: Toywiz is listing the UN Headquarters as shipping in September.

Between these two and the new Creator Expert Sydney Opera House, I think I'm going to be getting a LOT of VIP points next month.

:)

Is the United Nations Building coming out in September? I hope so I am desperate to buy some new lego soon. Also is there likely to be double VIP points in October I want to use the 500 points from Sydney Opera House to put towards Horizon Express.

Opera House is $320 USD but am also wondering when the UN will come out.

I saw a couple posts about what folks would like to see, I second a Golden Gate Bridge, I live in St Louis and they have an Arch at our Science Center done by Adam Reed Tucker that is a bigger build but would be great at a $100 USD price point and it fits right in since it is all grey anyway, someone mentioned the Taipei 101, having been there, it's a cool building...really does resemble the takeout boxes stacked on top of each other. Surprised they haven't done smaller Eiffel Tower and Statue of Liberty, why not the Harpa Concert hall, it's right up the Lego alley with it's blocky structure

Others: Singapore Gardens by the Bay; Chichen Itza, Yucatan Mexico; a mini London Eye; Roman Colosseum; Parthenon; and I am sure there are so many more...

Sorry if this is not the right thread to discuss, am new and just excited to find an Architecture thread

The ultimate Art Deco building......the Chrysler building in NYC. Of course, I would like to see that as a 4000 piece project.

Is the United Nations Building coming out in September? I hope so I am desperate to buy some new lego soon. Also is there likely to be double VIP points in October I want to use the 500 points from Sydney Opera House to put towards Horizon Express.

U.N. Headquarters is due out in September/October.

The Marina Bay Sands will be released in October as well, followed by the Eiffel Tower in January.

U.N. Headquarters is due out in September/October.

The Marina Bay Sands will be released in October as well, followed by the Eiffel Tower in January.

Any photos ?

Any photos ?

All available photos will be posted on the first page of this thread!

All available photos will be posted on the first page of this thread!

Oh okay. Was just wondering If they had any photos. Since they said 2 new ones

"U.N. Headquarters is due out in September/October.

The Marina Bay Sands will be released in October as well, followed by the Eiffel Tower in January."

Oh my goodness I cannot wait thank you so much for this news. I bitterly regret not buying the big Eiffel Tower all three buildings will be day one purchases.

Where are these rumors from?

Marina Bay Sands? That doesn't even seem slightly appropriate for the Architecture line. I mean, it's a mall...

And Eiffel at a smaller scale is going to be a tough sell after the Creator Expert version...

And Eiffel at a smaller scale is going to be a tough sell after the Creator Expert version...

I wouldn't buy the Marina Bay Sands, but I can completely understand the decision to release an Eiffel Tower in the Architecture line; they are geared for different markets. Just like the recent Sydney Opera House from the Creator line, when there has already been the Architecture version.

Marina Bay Sands? That doesn't even seem slightly appropriate for the Architecture line. I mean, it's a mall...

The Marina Bay Sands is not a mall, its a full-on luxury resort with some interesting-looking architecture. Just the fact that it has 3 towers at 600ft tall all joined together by a massive sky-deck is pretty unusual not to mention the floating bits and the lotus-shaped museum.

The Marina Bay Sands is not a mall, its a full-on luxury resort with some interesting-looking architecture. Just the fact that it has 3 towers at 600ft tall all joined together by a massive sky-deck is pretty unusual not to mention the floating bits and the lotus-shaped museum.

Maybe I just don't appreciate the modernist movement in architecture, but the Marina Bay Sands would not have made my top ten list for upcoming desired sets. I'm not really a fan of Moshe Safdie's work when it comes to translating things to Lego. It's not a criticism of his work in general (though it's not to _my_ tastes) there's nothing inherently "bad" about the original buildings, but even really good attempts by talented AFOLs at MOCing things like Habitat 67, The Peabody Essex Museum and The Kaufmann Center just didn't "pop" as great display models. I don't see why The Marina Bay Sands would be any different. I worry that it might end up looking like a child's attempt to build a short, fat cricket wicket with a few block columns and an oversized plate on top.

Again, I don't mean to debase Safdie's creations or their significance to the field of architecture in general, I just think that by the time they boil down into Lego Architecture Style builds, they don't translate into interesting display models with broad appeal to people who aren't familiar with the original structures.

I worry that it might end up looking like a child's attempt to build a short, fat cricket wicket with a few block columns and an oversized plate on top.

While I understand the worry, maybe it is wise to await the pictures before judging :)

Marina Bay Sands and Eiffel Tower...are these rumors or do we know they will be released? Too early to start a 2014 thread on Architecture/Creator buildings?

I know they did Nathan Sawaya's traveling tour at the Marina Bay Sands resort, but wondering if they are doing the actual building as a release, Darth Tater, can you help us with how you heard this?

Eiffel Tower mini - about the size of the Pisa Tower would be ok, would definitely get that one too, but wondering again is this rumor or true?

You would think for an October release they would have something out a la minecraft/Opera House for Sept. I know they do not want to take away from those releases, but still, media would be out for October I would think.

Trevi would be cool, how would they do that set though, with the water and all, guess they will be using a lot more of the blue that is on the UN building somehow, excited about this one.

safe to say the UN headquarters isn't coming out tomorrow ( September 1st)

Disapointed. Last 2 years had lego to build on labour day ( Robie house and Brandenburg gate. Last year villa savoye)

Dropped in on the store today as the catalog I received yesterday had the UN Building in it, but the store folks said they didn't have it and they also had the catalogs. The store also said that minecraft was only available as an online purchase to order, but they did have the original one on hand for sale. So...came home empty but ordered the MC online and no UN there either.

New catalog in US has a 10% off coupon in store only...at least mine did.

Looking at the Lego Architecture Studio that's been sitting on a shelf in my house since I bought it in mid July and asking myself.....why did I buy this? I no longer have a clue. Must have been an impulse buy. I mean the book is interesting, but not $149 worth of interesting. Maybe they will retire it soon and I can become a Lego reseller :-)