Brick Miner

Which AQUARAIDERS creature has the most moding potential ???

Which AquaRaider creature has the most moding potiential ???  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which AquaRaider creature has the most moding potiential ???

• 7771's Angler Fish
    • 7772's Lobster
    • 7773's Tiger Shark
    • 7774's Crab
    • 7775's Giant Squid
    • 7770's Sea Snakes (only joking)
  2. 2. BTW, Which AquaRaider creature is your favorite ???

• 7771's Angler Fish
    • 7772's Lobster
    • 7773's Tiger Shark
    • 7774's Crab
    • 7775's Giant Squid
    • 7770's Sea Snakes

this thread was inspired by a conversation that me, 007, and ghoulrealm were having...

http://eurobricks.hosting.ipsyn.com/eurofo...?showtopic=7562

but i thought the topic deserved its own thread,... and i would like to discuss...

Which AquaRaiders monster/creature is in the most need of moding

and/or has the most moding potential ???

7771-1.jpg

7772-1.jpg

7773-1.jpg

7774-1.jpg

7775-1.jpg

7770-1.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

i chose the giant squid from 7775... it has a nice design, and feature (victom), but looks too robotic. im looking for something a little more natural, and with more naturally flowing colors.

the lobster comes in second, as i think the red and black don't blend seamlessly enough. oddly enough, the lobster is also my favorite !!!

third for me is the angler fish. it has three really quick replacements... 1) the teeth need to be non-glow-in-the-dark. 2) the bacteria ball needs to be glow-in-the-dark. 3) the appendage holding the bacteria lamp needs to match the skin color of the fish. other than that its nearly perfect !!!

open discussion encouraged about one of my new favorite themes !!!

- BrickMiner

Guess what I voted! X-D

Maybe we should have a favorite beast section too. Mine would be the crab.

I own all the aquaraders legos and they are all cool but my favioret creature is the tiger shark because

it look's so real compared to the other ones! *sweet*But the one that needs to be changed the most

is the lobster becuse it wont stand up.

Maybe we should have a favorite beast section too. Mine would be the crab.
great idea... poll added !!!

NOTE: i also tallied up one vote on the crab for you 007, one vote for the tiger shark for you ogel, and one vote for me on the lobster.

- BrickMiner

favorite: angler fish

It is simply the best designed brick beast, however I would move the larger fangs forward

i21369003.jpg

I would modify every one, but the angler the least of all.

most mod: lobster

as youv'e seen I've modded the head and and claws. I would also like to curve the tail downward. The legs do fall out way to easily but they look pretty good to me.

other creature modding: The crab also needs new claws and maybe legs more like the lobster's

the shark could use better eyes and removal of the 'cheek' piece.

Not entirely sure what to do with the octopus, but I would probably concentrate on the arms and give it a beak instead of exposed teeth.

Most moding potential for me? The sea snakes of course!

And for my favourite deepsea creature, it's the giant squid. I hesitated with the lobster, but I like the fact that we have a squeleton in it >:-)

great idea... poll added !!!

NOTE: i also tallied up one vote on the crab for you 007, one vote for the tiger shark for you ogel, and one vote for me on the lobster.

Cool, and thanks!

the shark could use better eyes and removal of the 'cheek' piece.

Not entirely sure what to do with the octopus, but I would probably concentrate on the arms and give it a beak instead of exposed teeth.

Yes, the thing about the shark, all the S@H pictures amazingly look so ugly, which in reality is quite far from the actual design. In real life it looks alot better. The same thing with the SW AT-ST. The angle TLG uses somehow makes it look so ugly.

The Angler fish is my favorite. That scary dude's design is compact and meancing, and the color scheme works great. ;-)

As for the most moddable, I'd say the Tiger Shark. He's good, but the tail assembly, while novel, just doesn't work well. He's also too long. Both of these problems can be fixed fairly easily, however (at least from what I see). ;-)

Yes, the thing about the shark, all the S@H pictures amazingly look so ugly, which in reality is quite far from the actual design. In real life it looks alot better. The same thing with the SW AT-ST. The angle TLG uses somehow makes it look so ugly.
i agree... i don't have the shark set, but judging from the retail display at target, the shark is soo much better in real life.

- BrickMiner

Id say that the Shark had great MOC potential, lots of nice slopes, especially the bit windshield piece, makes it potentially a new AquaSharks submarine, or a meancing Space Pirate starfighter.

The default model itself looks great though, so you dont Need to take it apart to make something else...

I voted for the lobster. The legs are just too weak to hold it up.
about the lobster legs... on mine i did a quick mod.

by taking out two of the black cylinder hinges on each leg, i was able to get the lobster to stand without a problem. actually he stands pretty high now, and i can wrap the tail under (instead of up). this removes the scorpion-ish look that LEGO gave him, and makes him look like a proper lobster ;-)

- BrickMiner

Finaly I've got all the AR sets. And I was a little disapointed by the lobster and the crab, not so handy. The blue fish is better than expected, like the shark. I really like how we can move its tail, it gots real articulations. And the best animal is definitively the giant squid! It's sooo nice! *wub* I like how you can play with its tentacles! And the grow in the dark pieces, well integrated. And its eyes, so scary! And... I really find it so nice and play with it a lot, finding some nice positions. In the light and in the dark, like a child (I've got a piece of boy who stay with me). It has got a really alivce feeling, with a touch of fear, like a big deapsee creature can have. The only complain, it's that the squid is in the bigger, so the more expansive set...

Finaly I've got all the AR sets. And I was a little disapointed by the lobster and the crab, not so handy. The blue fish is better than expected, like the shark. I really like how we can move its tail, it gots real articulations. And the best animal is definitively the giant squid! It's sooo nice! *wub* I like how you can play with its tentacles! And the grow in the dark pieces, well integrated. And its eyes, so scary! And... I really find it so nice and play with it a lot, finding some nice positions. In the light and in the dark, like a child (I've got a piece of boy who stay with me). It has got a really alivce feeling, with a touch of fear, like a big deapsee creature can have. The only complain, it's that the squid is in the bigger, so the more expansive set...
ah, i thought your mind might change alex, after opening these sets for yourself ;-)

i remember you wrote this is one of my other AR topics:

...even if they could have been more organic designed, the lobster, the crab and the squid look pretty good for me. The shark and the fish not so.
it's funny cause i thought (before building these sets for myself) that the lobster was my favorite !!! and i liked the shark the least... very similar to your experience :-D

i still preach that the box art for the AR sets is very deceiving, and not very well done, at all... these creatures and vehicles need to be build first hand in order to appropriately judge them. this is one thing i don

ah, i thought your mind might change alex, after opening these sets for yourself ;-)

it's funny cause i thought (before building these sets for myself) that the lobster was my favorite !!! and i liked the shark the least... very similar to your experience :-D

i still preach that the box art for the AR sets is very deceiving, and not very well done, at all... these creatures and vehicles need to be build first hand in order to appropriately judge them. this is one thing i don

I voted for the crab for my favorite, it is big, it is not so bad, but with good peices I would vote for the sea snakes because they are real snakes and you can put them in a forest or some place.