Sign in to follow this  
74louloute

6077 Forestmen's River Fortress Redux

Hi Eurobrickers,

I'm presenting to you, the redesigned version of the classic set 6077 Forestmen's River Fortress (This is my entry into the Classic Ster Revisited for the CCCX.) :

8214647740_c85f7f1138_c.jpg

6077 Forestmen's River Fortress Redux by 74louloute, on Flickr

The whole set includes 5 minifigs (4 forestmen and 1 soldier), 1 raft, 1 fortress with moving drawbridge, 3 animals, and a great playability by the back (click click)!!

More pics here (small pics are links to bigger) :

3_1024_683.jpg_thumb.jpg 4_1024_683.jpg_thumb.jpg 5_1024_683.jpg_thumb.jpg 6_1024_683.jpg_thumb.jpg 8_1024_676.jpg_thumb.jpg 9_1024_669.jpg_thumb.jpg

For those who didn't know the original, here it is :

6077-2.jpg

Hope you will like it.

Very impressive. You can definately see what your inspiration was. I like that it looks like a ruin that a forest has grown up around and that instead of going with blue for the river you went with a mossy green color.

I love the sand green for the river. Beautiful MOC. Best of luck to you!

Absolutely beautiful! I love the exterior and the basement, in particular.

That's quite a change you've made to set 6077. :wink: You re-built the walls really well, adding more detail and all the plants look great with the fortress. The drawbridge is another great change.

Wow thats a really great take on a set that I remember. Its a great blend of nostaligia and newer parts and techniques and AHHHH Pile of hands! Pile of hands! Ahhh!

Wonderful MOC and instantly recognisable. This was one of my favourite sets as a child and one I really regret selling in my dark ages. Well done!!

That is a very interesting way of designing the base. I really love the old, ruined feel of the fortress itself. I was also glad to see that yo included the Royal Soldier as well into the build. Wonderful build!

AWESOME! The one Forestmen set that still eludes me.

I love that you took 6077 and pumped some serious iron to beef it up! I like the way you made the interior accessible. The drawbridge is done much better than the usual plate. The bog moat is definitely the best part of it. I can imagine they've been looking for a new home and come across this rundown castle ruin and make it their home. Great MOC and good luck in the contest!

Fantastic MOC you have! Both exterior and interior designs are superb! Really like the way ou have used those grey "brick -in- brick" bricks. Great job!

Great build! That's actually the set I was going to redo for CCC, but you did such an amazing job, I will need to find another set to do!

An impressive, well built tribute to one of the cooler Forestmen sets. There are always rumours around about a new Forest theme, and maybe one day there will be a return.

Outstanding piece of re-created timeless classics of Forestmen. It was one of my favourite themes and I am truly admire the way you re-define the 6077 in a much better solid built and at the same time, being able to retain the classic charm. Well done!

Awesome MOC love the all the detail and that swamp water it looks toxic :)

Really impressive! You can tell what the inspiration was before you showed us. I love the trees/plant life around it. Seems very organic and lifelike. I loved the original and I want to rebuild it from time to time, but this is so much cooler with the newer ideas/color schemes. The mossy green river is awesome. I doubt very much of the dark clear blue rivers of Forestmen day's past.

Wow, really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like the wall with the drawbridge :wink: